Positives of this Game? | The Boneyard

Positives of this Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
No competition so from a fan standpoint not much to say.

But I like the way KO coached this game. He chose to reduce the minutes of his more experienced players other than OC and get the less experienced players some major playing time. In particular he played OC and TS a lot. And they responded.

OC did not get to scrimmage over the summer and he was rusty in the game against Southern. He had the opportunity to get rid of some of that rust in this game! IMO he showed a lot more lateral quickness than I recall last season. His defense was what I had hoped would improve post surgery and it did. I also felt he was more aggressive with rebounding.

It's apparent that KO would like TS to be an option as first guard off the bench to step in if he wants to rest either SN or RB. And he gave TS lots of game time to develop. What I was impressed with was how TS was able to perform in the half court offense no matter what line up KO put with him!

Reaction Score
everyone came out healthy....I noticed when Bazz went to save that ball going out of bounds and threw it off the Concordia defender KO said enough of this and got him out of there.

Reaction Score
This was my first live look at Samuel and he was impressive. He finished very well in transition and distributed like a veteran. He really looks like an NYC guard, if that makes any sense.

Omar moved better than he did last year. He didn't force anything out there and took smart shots which led to made baskets. I don't want to judge much on the defensive end from this game because the opponent was so bad. If they had more than 8 points in the paint I'd be surprised.

Bazz, Boat, and Deandre all looked great but didn't get much time for obvious reasons.

Kromah continued to impress me with a little shooting display and overall smart, steady play. I can't stress how important I think he is going to be this year.

Not a lot to go off with the bigs because they were playing with a 6 inch height advantage. Brimah did Brimah things and Facey had a nifty little basket towards the end of the game. I like Nolan starting but he still needs work.

Reaction Score
this team is deep.. Giffey looks like a machine. you can't leave Kromah open in the corner.. perimeter passing is good. P Nolan, looks more confident.. Omar's handle looks better. we have so many guys that can shoot the 3 its kinda ridiculous.. i hope KO runs more pick and role with the bigs, to keep them involved. the future looks bright with TS. Even that walk on Pat looks like he could be useful in a pinch. they did what they were supposed to do.

Reaction Score
Omar moved better than he did last year. He didn't force anything out there and took smart shots which led to made baskets. I don't want to judge much on the defensive end from this game because the opponent was so bad. If they had more than 8 points in the paint I'd be surprised.
7 of their 10 baskets were three pointers. Enough said.

Reaction Score
So we beat a D2 team by 60...tell me again why these games are valuable..Time would have been better spent practicing against each other...

Reaction Score
No competition so from a fan standpoint not much to say.

But I like the way KO coached this game. He chose to reduce the minutes of his more experienced players other than OC and get the less experienced players some major playing time. In particular he played OC and TS a lot. And they responded.

OC did not get to scrimmage over the summer and he was rusty in the game against Southern. He had the opportunity to get rid of some of that rust in this game! IMO he showed a lot more lateral quickness than I recall last season. His defense was what I had hoped would improve post surgery and it did. I also felt he was more aggressive with rebounding.

It's apparent that KO would like TS to be an option as first guard off the bench to step in if he wants to rest either SN or RB. And he gave TS lots of game time to develop. What I was impressed with was how TS was able to perform in the half court offense no matter what line up KO put with him!

I agree with all of this. Those two players really stood out. Calhoun was actually in all the right places all game, and Samuel made good decisions. He has a high dribble and can be pressured, but if you give this kid space, he's going to make good passes, and he's going to the hole as well.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
The Kool-aid is flowin tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads