The transfer portal opens today | Page 64 | The Boneyard

The transfer portal opens today

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
lol, he didn't have to put all of his business out there like that but I guess that answers that

There is more to it than that. He was Kansas' first portal add. They ended up recruiting over him plus had some returns they were unsure of about at the time of Kugels commit, and he became expendable. Trust me Kansas overlooks that transcript issue or finds a way around it if they still needed him. I mean we are talking about the dirtiest program in America here. They just needed to reallocate their NIL nut.

Reaction Score
$5.5mm on its way from Repole? If you can't beat 'em... buy 'em.

Reaction Score
So, you'll actually get overrecruited from the portal. And you watch the dollars committed going to other people.

You can't trust Kansas

This is a bit of a unique situation, maybe. Kugel had some huge red flags. He may have been recruited over less for skill abd more for between the ears

Reaction Score
So, you'll actually get overrecruited from the portal. And you watch the dollars committed going to other people.

You can't trust Kansas
Anytime a player is being recruited by any coaching staff competing with Kansas for the same recruit, this use case with Riley Kugel needs to be mentioned on some level.

Reaction Score
There is more to it than that. He was Kansas' first portal add. They ended up recruiting over him plus had some returns they were unsure of about at the time of Kugels commit, and he became expendable. Trust me Kansas overlooks that transcript issue or finds a way around it if they still needed him. I mean we are talking about the dirtiest program in America here. They just needed to reallocate their NIL nut.
Self seems to just shoot from the hip and throw as much against the wall and see what sticks. Not a lot of strategy involved. That's what it seems like.

Reaction Score
Trilly saying that it’s academic?

I was interested when he first entered the portal because he has a lot of potential if the behavior stuff gets cleaned up. But Mahaney took his spot so I think he’ll end up somewhere else

Reaction Score
Self seems to just shoot from the hip and throw as much against the wall and see what sticks. Not a lot of strategy involved. That's what it seems like.
His strategy is to grab every highly touted transfer or recruit to horde, then if someone better is available, signs them up. Glad to see he’s still doing the same old dumb .. Never learns. Good for us. He’ll have another dysfunctional team.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
He’s a great system coach. Bill Self designed offensive principles are used from elementary school teams through the pros, but his methods of program building are a study in scumbaggery.

Reaction Score
Self is pretty good at winning conference championships. Other than that. He's average.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If Kansas cannot get you into school, you done screwed up.

Might I interest you in the American Conference, Mr. Kugel? Maybe Memphis?

I guess he could look at some of the sketchier B12 programs or the Big East commuter schools.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom