Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Atlanta Receives Damiris Dantas, Reshonda Gray and Lynx 1st Round Pick in 2016
Chicago Sky Receive Erika DeSouza
Lynx Receive Sylva Fowles and Chicago's 2nd round pick in 2016

Might be tempted to say the Lynx, but did Atlanta get the better of the trade for Long Term? Erika DeSouza fills a huge void, for Chicago and is she the player that gets them to the WNBA Finals and possibly the Championship.

WNBA Article with each teams Release on the Trade. http://www.wnba.com/news/lynx-acquire-fowles-sky-get-de-souza-in-three-team-trade/

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Perfect fit for Fowles and Chicago. I am sure that she knows that she is not going to get many shots and that she is ready to contribute by rebounding and playing defense. She will get to hang with her USAB teammates.

HGN

Reaction Score
Anyone know why Fowles was so determined to get out of Chicago ? She was palying for her old college coach Pokey Chatman and I thought everybody was on good terms.

Reaction Score
Great deal for Minnesota. Fowles could be the difference for several championships to come. As stated above, in the long run Atlanta did well too.

Reaction Score
Have watched Erika DeSouza play this year and she is not the force she used to be. I think there might have been some problems in Atlanta.

Reaction Score
When Fowles demanded a trade ,she said she would go to only one team, was that the Lynx or did she back down on that demand?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think all three teams did pretty well. Atlanta for the future, and Chicago and MN for the present. I voted MN because if Sylvia can stay healthy she should contribute for a few strong years.

Reaction Score
I agree that all 3 teams did pretty well. And, as a long time de Souza fan, I had to vote for Chicago. I am hoping that the change of scenery and playing with EDD reenergize de Souza.

Reaction Score
I think Atlanta is building towards the future...particularly if they continue their downward spiral this year. It just might give them a shot at the Stewart lottery!

I also wouldn't be surprised that with Augustus out, the Lynx go with a starting lineup of Jones/Fowles / Brunson/Whalen/Maya and have Maya play the "2".

Reaction Score
I think it's important to realize that this trade was made under duress. Chicago had
to do something or they would have ended up with nothing at all for Sylvia. Given
these circumstances, I think the Sky did very well with this deal.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I think it's important to realize that this trade was made under duress. Chicago had
to do something or they would have ended up with nothing at all for Sylvia. Given
these circumstances, I think the Sky did very well with this deal.

Familiar scenario to we Sun fans.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
When Fowles demanded a trade ,she said she would go to only one team, was that the Lynx or did she back down on that demand?
I read that Minnesota was where she wanted to go. I think Mechelle wrote that.

Reaction Score
I guess the Sky did the only thing they could do, but they sure didn't get equal value. I saw De Souza tonight at the Chicago-Phoenix game. Granted it was her first game with the Sky, but she's no Sylvia Fowles. Minnesota cleaned up on this trade.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I guess the Sky did the only thing they could do, but they sure didn't get equal value. I saw De Souza tonight at the Chicago-Phoenix game. Granted it was her first game with the Sky, but she's no Sylvia Fowles. Minnesota cleaned up on this trade.

Considering this was Erika's first game, and she most likely doesn't know any of the Sky's plays yet, and she had to go against Griner.... I'll hold out judgement until she's really settled with Chicago.

She did make two key buckets, and had blocked one of BG's shots right before OT. I still think she'll be a great fit for the Sky.

Reaction Score
I think this was one of the few trades that down the line it will be a positive for all 3 teams!

MN is really tough with Sylvia starting with Whalen, Augustus when healthy, MM, & Brunson and Ashja Jones coming off the bench! They need Renee M. to channel her UCONN years and give them a great PG off the bench or maybe Cruz will develop!

Chicago had no one big Center type with talent and de Souza is a quality big girl, will fit in nicely with Cappy, EDD, Sloot, Quigley, etc.

Atlanta gains 2 good young big girls, Dantas and Gray so they will develop in the next couple of years! I'm not a big Ajavon fan so they have to get rid of her and hopefully Shoni gets in shape to team with Tiffany Hayes!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Atlanta Receives Damiris Dantas, Reshonda Gray and Lynx 1st Round Pick in 2016
Chicago Sky Receive Erika DeSouza
Lynx Receive Sylva Fowles and Chicago's 2nd round pick in 2016

Might be tempted to say the Lynx, but did Atlanta get the better of the trade for Long Term? Erika DeSouza fills a huge void, for Chicago and is she the player that gets them to the WNBA Finals and possibly the Championship.

WNBA Article with each teams Release on the Trade. http://www.wnba.com/news/lynx-acquire-fowles-sky-get-de-souza-in-three-team-trade/
Just my $.02 but I don't think Desouza is better than Fowles. Fowles is an Olympian for the best team in the world and when healthy, is a force. Desouza may be very good, and I'm not sure which player is healthier in the long run - that might impact who gets the better deal...

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Allow me to throw my 2 cents in also. The lynx were a very good team without Fowles. With her, they are a great team that is going to be very hard to beat come playoff time. She gives them an added dimension they didn't have before.

She's also got fresh legs, having sat out most of the first half of the season. If I were a betting man, I'd run to my nearest sports book and place a bet on the Lynx to win it all.......again. To me, a bet of that nature would be more of an investment, than gambling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom