POLL: If UConn and Louisville played a 4th time, what chance do the cards have? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

POLL: If UConn and Louisville played a 4th time, what chance do the cards have?

Would a hypothetical UConn-Louisville IV game be any different from the first three games?

• Yes- Louisville will either win or come very close to beating UConn

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • No- UConn will win by at least 17 yet again

Votes: 69 63.9%
  • I think UConn wins decisively, but I'd still be nervous

Votes: 35 32.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
...They could play the game on Mars, and I'll go out on a limb and predict a UConn win...
marvin side2.JPG

http://www.angelfire.com/pa/lkmarvin/graphics.html

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
It's not whatever I say. This notion that Walz is holding back is complete BS (and I don't mean Breanna Stewart). If anyone thinks Walz lost 3 games on purpose they should be calling for his resignation, and the NCAA should investigate for gambling/betting ties. Isn't it just possible UConn is a better team with a better (for now) coach? I mean give the Huskies a little credit. They could play the game on Mars, and I'll go out on a limb and predict a UConn win by 17-22 points.

I think that he lost the championship game by 30+ last year because he was holding back for the FF this year. It's all part of his master plan!

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
If I were coaching Louisville I wouldn't have cared much about the last game. It was kinda meaningless to Louisville. They may as well have been playing at UCONN anyway.

I think he may have something up his sleeve in case they clash again. He may be holding a few cards he hasn't shown yet.

I think Sun Tzu may have had a philosophy about that sort of thing...
- My impression is, Louisville not only gave it their all to win that game, but Coach Waltz clearly understood there was plenty at stake....
- That is, his only CERTAIN way to EVADE the terrible risk of UConn being assigned to his Region, was for Louisville to win that AAC Championship game, thereby becoming a #1 seed.
- I would entirely agree he is a superb coach, and yes, in a sense may have been following Sun’s Tzu's advice…
sun tzu.JPG

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Really? If Louisville had beaten us in the AAC tournament, they'd be an undisputed #1 seed wouldn't have to play us until the Final Four. I'd say that's a pretty big incentive.
I don't think so but that's just me...

Reaction Score
The only chance Louisville has of beating UConn is if Stewie decides to take a vacation in South America at that time.

Reaction Score
Our Defensive pressure is relentless and Shonni cannot keep up the pace for 40 min. Our Bigs are too big and our smalls are too big and our coach is too big. Add that to our team speed and so you have why Louisville can't beat us. nuf said

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
It's not whatever I say. This notion that Walz is holding back is complete BS (and I don't mean Breanna Stewart). If anyone thinks Walz lost 3 games on purpose they should be calling for his resignation, and the NCAA should investigate for gambling/betting ties. Isn't it just possible UConn is a better team with a better (for now) coach? I mean give the Huskies a little credit. They could play the game on Mars, and I'll go out on a limb and predict a UConn win by 17-22 points.

You couldn't go out on limb on Mars; no trees.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I don't think so but that's just me...
I don't think there is a Question that they would be a number one seed if they had beaten us.the experts are saying it's close between them, Stanford, and So Car now!?

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
IMO- For us to loose to Louisville or anyone else, including even N. Dame- we need at least one starter and probably two starters in foul trouble very early in the game. As good as our defense is, and it may be better with Stokes in the game, our offense is not the same when 1 of our 5 superstars isn't in, and with two out, we become significantly easier to defend. And this scenario could easily happen, which would or could create a real dogfight and nail biter with the top teams.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
In a word, none. They would be mentally beat before they ever set foot on the court

Reaction Score
... I think [Jeff] may have something up his sleeve in case they clash again. He may be holding a few Cards he hasn't shown yet ...

So, Jeff has a couple of All-American players that he's kept under wraps so far this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom