Point Spread for ECU | The Boneyard

Point Spread for ECU

Status
Not open for further replies.

APA

Reaction Score
Vegas consensus is 27 1/2 . I could see UConn covering.

Reaction Score
D gets a great test of where they are at developmentally in 48hrs. If they can get off the field regularly and I sacrifice enough chickens in the basement to get our offense to stay on the field, score points, and not turn it over....who the duck am I kidding. Never mind.

As long as nobody ends up lost and crying in the parking lot after, chalk it up as a victory.

Reaction Score
This game is going to be like 41-3 guys. Have your beers and other liquors ready.

Reaction Score
the laughable ranking of the d at 16-20 or whatever will be ranked the same as the team in the 128 fbs poll after they play against a ranked club

they wont stop granny from traversing the veggy isle

the regime hangs their hat on the bogus d ranking stats because they don't want to be accountable for overall team rank and overall team ineptitude

its just more smoke and mirrors policy

the acid test is dwindling attendance and at this point maybe the only factor the decision makers use to judge what is going on

last yr econ dev professionals in Hartford county stated husky foosball grossed 11.2mil

i guess that stat will be critical this yr in going forward

Reaction Score
UCONN has not covered yet this season. I think they cover this game. Still lose by at least 2 scores, but I think they cover.

Reaction Score
This game is going to be like 41-3 guys. Have your beers and other liquors ready.

Maybe this will be a wtf game and we only lose 27-17, while playing well into q4.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
the laughable ranking of the d at 16-20 or whatever will be ranked the same as the team in the 128 fbs poll after they play against a ranked club

they wont stop granny from traversing the veggy isle

the regime hangs their hat on the bogus d ranking stats because they don't want to be accountable for overall team rank and overall team ineptitude

its just more smoke and mirrors policy

the acid test is dwindling attendance and at this point maybe the only factor the decision makers use to judge what is going on

last yr econ dev professionals in Hartford county stated husky foosball grossed 11.2mil

i guess that stat will be critical this yr in going forward

Agree about the dwindling attendance aspect. This year is an experiment apparently. Nothing done outside the box when games are still at hand. Every game a scrimmage. It is the last year of the 3 yr tix commit. I don't want to sit through scrimmages where we score 10 pts tops in pro set.

Point spread is fair. Cannot see us covering. Not in that Rebel crazy house. Nope.

Reaction Score
Agree about the dwindling attendance aspect. This year is an experiment apparently. Nothing done outside the box when games are still at hand. Every game a scrimmage. It is the last year of the 3 yr tix commit. I don't want to sit through scrimmages where we score 10 pts tops in pro set.

Point spread is fair. Cannot see us covering. Not in that Rebel crazy house. Nope.

I will likely reduce my season ticket total to 2 next year. I must be fecking stupid.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The final score is whatever ECU wants it to be. Agree with tduconn. This could be as ugly as UCF last year and UCF pulled starters in the 3rd quarter.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I don't think UCONN would cover 27.5 of a 1st half spread. I think ECU is going to come out ready to play on primetime and show off their atmosphere. When the schedule came out, this was the game that I thought was going to be the toughest and the one we would definitely lose (and if you remember, I foolishly believed in a bowl game Santa Claus). To cover this many points against a good team means you have to score in the 20s. There is no way I see us scoring 20+ points with the offense as-is. Maybe we tweak it and give ECU different looks (wildcat?) but even then, I think our OL will be good for at least 6 false start penalties alone and will crush any potential drives.

Sorry fellas, but bust out the scotch for this one. I think ECU wins by 40+ rather easily and I don't think it will be blamed on our defense either. 2 defensive/special teams TDs for ECU and a few more turnovers will set them up with good field position.

45-3

Reaction Score
I live in NC and had planned to go to this game. I really did. But I just can't bring myself to do it. We truly have an unwatchable product.

Reaction Score

Next years season ticket totals might be real ugly.

Reaction Score
I think (hope) we'll cover. I've got no game plan / evidence of progress / strategic logic to base my opinion on other than knowing that even teams accidentally score 20+ points in a game at least once a season with a fumble returned for a TD + special teams TD. I think this could be that game.

Also, I'll be renewing my season tickets. I'm fine if ya'll don't - I'll get a section closer at the same price point. I just hope those of you NOT renewing are the loud mouths yelling obscenities at the student players who are out there trying their best. Now is the time to show support, while the program is trying to rebuild/develop. Its easy to be a fan when we're winning. Bleed Blue

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I like to talk about potentially not renewing my season tickets but push come to shove, I will. I just get ornery when I see $20 tickets online and free/$5 tickets in the parking lots the day of games. I guess it will all pay out when we're in the B1G and our #22 UCONN vs #3 Ohio State tickets are worth more than a full season cost. :)

Reaction Score
Just don't see how we cover on the road. Night game students will be even crazier than usual with it being an ESPN game. I see a 48-10 game easily covering the 27.5 spread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom