Pitt-SMU... should we be cheering for SMU? | The Boneyard

Pitt-SMU... should we be cheering for SMU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I'll guess that the Huskies fans who want to land in the ACC will be more for Pitt or don't care, while those that are more supportive of the NNBE will pull for SMU.

Just saw the BBVA CEO do a little promo greeting. Speaking rather slowly, I think either he has a slight speech impediment or he was trying to hide a non-American accent.

Reaction Score
I'm going for SMU. I've always hated Pitt anyway though so it's nothing new.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
I was originally thinking of rooting for Pitt since the BE gets stuck with their bowl record but given they are playing SMU, a future BE member, it seems more appropriate to root for the Mustangs. The BE is already guaranteed of having a winning bowl record this year anyways I suppose.

Reaction Score
I was originally thinking of rooting for Pitt since the BE gets stuck with their bowl record but given they are playing SMU, a future BE member, it seems more appropriate to root for the Mustangs. The BE is already guaranteed of having a winning bowl record this year anyways I suppose.

My thoughts exactly. Plus if SMU dominates it shows that the BE is bringing in 3 potentially dominant programs in SMU, Houston, and Boise and losing only one in WVU.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
My thoughts exactly. Plus if SMU dominates it shows that the BE is bringing in 3 potentially dominant programs in SMU, Houston, and Boise and losing only one in WVU.
I would say that "potentially dominant" is a bit generous if SMU wins, given how mediocre Pitt has been for a while. Boise being called dominant, yes. Houston, not sure. Normally UH beating Penn state would be a huge deal but unfortunately not this year...

Reaction Score
I would say that "potentially dominant" is a bit generous if SMU wins, given how mediocre Pitt has been for a while. Boise being called dominant, yes. Houston, not sure. Normally UH beating Penn state would be a huge deal but unfortunately not this year...

SMU and Houston have the potential to be dominant based on geography alone.

Reaction Score
Boise , SMU and Houston may be looking pretty formidable for next year.

Reaction Score
Except also, we just have to get better. With a few people catching passes, and not fumbling on key drives, I think we win three more games: Vandy, WMich, and Louisville. We were really close to an 8-4 season. And that was with virtually no QB play. So, I have to think we can play with these teams, with the reinforcements coming in by the day . . .

Reaction Score
Pitt because at this moment they are members of our conference. However, I am really enjoying the public beating they are taking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom