Pitt Football Players Arrested | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Pitt Football Players Arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Agree completely.

As someone in the middle of struggling to pay back loans right now, I know how hard it is. Going off my personal experience, I am already thinking that there is no way my future kids will ever be able to afford school in 25-30 years. It sucks.

Reaction Score
hip hop culture, black history, etc. it was really interesting for me because i've taken mostly all science classes, so it was nice to have a different perspective being taught.
I agree that some of these courses can be very legitimate. And contrary to some views here, the purpose of a college education isn't to train you for a job, it is to teach you to think, analyze, solve problems and communicate your findings. And to expose you to other ways of thinking and viewing material. it is completely possible that a class on hip hop or alternative religions, or vampires could meet those goal just as one in Shakespeare could. It is also possible that a class in Chemistry could be a joke. I took one of those, billed as Chemistry for non-scientists it turned out to be useless drivel like how chemistry applies to baking. I guess the best part was we learned the recipe for the filling in Twinkees (and it didn't involve whipped cream...let's jsut say I never ate one after that).

Reaction Score
hip hop culture, black history, etc. it was really interesting for me because i've taken mostly all science classes, so it was nice to have a different perspective being taught.

Got it. Lots to learn there if the profs take it seriously and require work. I had a number of "heavy academic" classes that were blowoffs just because they didn't require attendance or work.

Reaction Score
I agree that some of these courses can be very legitimate. And contrary to some views here, the purpose of a college education isn't to train you for a job, it is to teach you to think, analyze, solve problems and communicate your findings. And to expose you to other ways of thinking and viewing material. it is completely possible that a class on hip hop or alternative religions, or vampires could meet those goal just as one in Shakespeare could. It is also possible that a class in Chemistry could be a joke. I took one of those, billed as Chemistry for non-scientists it turned out to be useless drivel like how chemistry applies to baking. I guess the best part was we learned the recipe for the filling in Twinkees (and it didn't involve whipped cream...let's jsut say I never ate one after that).

The purpose of high school is to teach you to think, analyze, solve problems, and communicate your findings.

The purpose of "higher" education is to learn something specific that you can apply later in life that justifies spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on. As well as enables you to repay the hundreds of thousands you borrowed.

Unless your parents are just plain rich and can afford to send you to school without debt. In that case, study whatever crap you want. But if you're going to borrow $150+ to go to school, you should be able to show why that money was spent wisely. If you don't know how to think for yourself by the time you graduate high school, you never will.

Reaction Score
You're confusing a college education with ITT Tech. If you're able to appreciate a Shakespeare Sonnet and at least understand the concepts of economics and the sciences if not the details, the money was spent wisely. If you got all tha tin high school you were either very bright, or very lucky in terms of the high school you attended.

Reaction Score
You're confusing a college education with ITT Tech. If you're able to appreciate a Shakespeare Sonnet and at least understand the concepts of economics and the sciences if not the details, the money was spent wisely. If you got all tha tin high school you were either very bright, or very lucky in terms of the high school you attended.
You can learn Shakespeare and economics in audit only community college courses. Unless you teach Shakespeare, you will never use it. You are missing the point. Which is that most HS grads would be better served at ITT, vs the money they would be forced to spend at many private and public universities. Graduating with degrees in human studies and taking classes like those mentioned above is a waste of money. Because most students don't go to college to broaden their horizons. They go so they have better employment opportunities. And to party. If you want to pretend that Shakespeare, vampires, and wu-tang clan are worth $50k a year, I can't stop you.

Reaction Score
Wu tang forever. ODB, Ooohh baby I like it raaww! I"m going to sew your arse hole shut and keep feeding you, and feeding you, and feeding you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom