Picture of TJ Weist's & 2 new Michigan Cheerleaders | The Boneyard

Picture of TJ Weist's & 2 new Michigan Cheerleaders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Congratulations to TJ and his wife Karen on the birth of twin girls Karrington Marie & Samantha Buchanan!
Guess he was keeping busy during his year off from coaching.

image.jpg

Last edited:
C

Chief00

Quite frankly, giving Coach D one more year to demonstrate some progress - but thus far TJ was the one ray of sunlight in the dark period post Randy.
Ironically the OC when TJ became interim head coach did a better job than TJ had. Can anyone remember who that was?

C

Chief00

I think I remember now - Shane Day was the interim OC. Coach D should have kept him.

Reaction Score
We had so much potential slip through this program's fingers coaching wise. TJ and Joe Moorehead were solid options. In fact, Morehead probably would've been very successful. That would've saved us a lot of pain. Even Rob Ambrose would have been much better than Paul P.

Then there is Mark Whipple who we could've hired. Bobby Petrino was available and dying to get out of Western Kentucky.

It is just amazing what could've been. Some of these guys were a lock to be successful and a few of them, sans Petrino, were great people too. I really hope Bob has this figured out.

Reaction Score
We had so much potential slip through this program's fingers coaching wise. TJ and Joe Moorehead were solid options. In fact, Morehead probably would've been very successful. That would've saved us a lot of pain. Even Rob Ambrose would have been much better than Paul P.

Then there is Mark Whipple who we could've hired. Bobby Petrino was available and dying to get out of Western Kentucky.

It is just amazing what could've been. Some of these guys were a lock to be successful and a few of them, sans Petrino, were great people too. I really hope Bob has this figured out.

TJ, Morehead at Fordham and don't forget Rob Ambose at Towson are all fine coaches. Bob Diaco however, is unique and just what UCONN needed at the time. Usually the great ones are not exempt from being a bit quirky and eccentric. Those ("intangibles") are precisely what elevates them into a unique class of coaches. A lot of people don't like John Calipari or Rick Pitino but between them they make over $10,000,000 per year. I mentioned them because they are from NY/NJ area and they have outgoing, cocky personalities.

As great a hire as Kevin Ollie has been for UCONN and Ward Manuel, he was really Jim Calhoun's man. Diaco on the other hand is Ward's guy exclusively. I believe Bob Diaco will end up becoming the biggest accomplishment in Ward's record at UCONN. Ward's next biggest challenge ( other than a P5 invite) will be keeping him here after all the P5 schools come after him.

Speaking of basketball coaches watch this clip of Houston's basketball coach Kelvin Sampson and his comments about building culture at Houston which sounds very similar to what Diaco said last year about Instituting a winning culture at Storrs. Diaco caught a great deal of criticism for not taking short cuts and all the growing pains, playing freshmen and doing the basics. Winning will make everyone forget last year. The foundation has been laid.

http://theamerican.org/news/2015/4/27/MBB_0427155837.aspx?path=mbball

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I think I remember now - Shane Day was the interim OC. Coach D should have kept him.
Yeah, the dude had NFL expience w/ 49ers and Bears I believe as a QB coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom