Pick Your Upsets For Sunday March 20 | The Boneyard

Pick Your Upsets For Sunday March 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm rooting for:

#6 DePaul over #3 Louisville
#12 UAlbany over #4 Syracuse

Doug and Katie are astute, dedicated, and hard working coaches, as well as very likable people. I'd love to see them both advance.

Who you taking?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Other games being played today

#5 Miss State vs #4 Michigan State (MSU will win that one :p)
#10 St. Bonaventure vs #2 Oregon State
#9 Auburn vs #1 Baylor
#9 KState vs #1 South Carolina
#6 West Virginia vs #3 Ohio State
#7 Tennessee vs #2 Arizona State

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Tennessee over ASU is a no-lose upset pick. It's satisfying to begin with that it's an upset at all, as it reflects what kind of season Tennessee has had. Moreover, if I'm wrong, Tennessee loses, and if I'm right, I'm the man for this sort of thread today. So dibs on the LVs!

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
Other games being played today

#5 Miss State vs #4 Michigan State (MSU will will that one :p)
#10 St. Bonaventure vs #2 Oregon State
#9 Auburn vs #1 Baylor
#9 KState vs #1 South Carolina
#6 West Virginia vs #3 Ohio State
#7 Tennessee vs #2 Arizona State
...and Tigers and Bears. Oh my!

Plus, Go Bulldogs, Bonnies, Auburn, Wildcats, Mountaineers, and Sun Devils!

Reaction Score
Just thinking about it again, I count 8 games in the first round in which the lower seed has "upset" the higher seed. If one considers that of the 32 games, 12 games included the top 3 seeds (and bottom 3 seeds -16 through 14), meaning that those teams are the ones that probably won't lose to anyone but each other, then there were 20 games for seeds from 4 through 13. And of those 20 games, nearly half resulted in upsets, so to speak.

So it was seeding for those teams that should have required the most expertise and consideration by the NCAA tournament seeding committee. Yet the results show that they could have simply pulled names out of a hat, and created nearly the same results. If one narrows the games to 5 seeds through 12 seeds, then there were 7 upsets for the 16 games.

So where was the expertise? Is their rating system seriously flawed? If they were properly ranking relative strength, then there should have been few upsets.

Have I got that right?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Hmm, how about the Bonnies? They've had an up and down year but the Ok State coach said St. Bonas showed great balance. Maybe a dark horse or is there no chance?? Game is at Oregon State, btw.

Reaction Score
DePaul v. Louisville should be a good game. I like both coaches and both teams are capable of winning. Who will rebound and have fewer mistakes? Guess we will wait and see. Go luck to both. Tennessee would shock me if the win.

Reaction Score
So where was the expertise? Is their rating system seriously flawed? If they were properly ranking relative strength, then there should have been few upsets.

That is not true, as I already said in the other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom