Pick Your NCAA Tournament Upsets | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Pick Your NCAA Tournament Upsets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
MD over ND because ND only has 1 good BIG and MD has 3/4.
MD has 3 good G's matching ND.
? is can MD play defense for 40 minutes?

I am picking MD over Notre Dame in my bracket because I want a (tiny) measure of consolation should ND lose. And the matchup is pretty close to a toss-up in the first place (55% chance of ND win per Massey).

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I am picking MD over Notre Dame in my bracket because I want a (tiny) measure of consolation should ND lose. And the matchup is pretty close to a toss-up in the first place (55% chance of ND win per Massey).

Ah, yes. The emotional bet-hedging. It's an old trick of mine as well.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
MD over ND because ND only has 1 good BIG and MD has 3/4.
MD has 3 good G's matching ND.
? is can MD play defense for 40 minutes?

theOSU over SoCar because they can score a boat load of points, SoCar can't. theOSU could score 90!
Which team for the OSU shows up, the one most of the season or late in the season!

I think there is a good chance that Maryland is in the championship game. IMO, they played UCONN better than either ND or USC and have the best balance of all teams on that side of the bracket.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

I think Maryland will beat ND. Maryland has good guards who can get out and defend the 3 and also has a deeper post presence.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I think Maryland will beat ND. Maryland has good guards who can get out and defend the 3 and also has a deeper post presence.

You were banging the drum for SCar last year, too. Another team who supposedly had an advantage over ND in the post. I'm starting to think you don't like ND ;)

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
You were banging the drum for SCar last year, too. Another team who supposedly had an advantage over ND in the post. I'm starting to think you don't like ND ;)

Isn't it required to hate Notre Dame if you want to hang out on the BY? Although I will say that I have nothing against Notre Dame, I did think that Muffett was a sore loser when Baylor beat you guys in the 2012 final. Plus, you have that Texas Traitor, Turner. The TTT.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I finally got a chance to look at the bracket and get ready for a fun filled 4 day weekend of basketball.

I see a few first round upsets (likely will be more) but depending on those I see some interesting 2nd round games that could lead to upsets.

Here is what I see:

Bridgeport:

#12 Chattanooga could beat Mississippi State. Vivian's is a scorer but unfortunately if you can hold her down defensively then they are just average imo

Second Round:

If Mississippi State gets by the Mocs I don't think they can handle Michigan State. While we are on the second round I think Missouri could beat Texas. Why? There were former BIG12 foes and the tigers could do it.

I think will be UCLA and UConn in the elite 8. The Bruins won the NIT last year and have been pretty steady this season and I like the combo of Billings and Canada.

Dallas:

The Bonnies could take down Oklahoma State in the first round. That being said I think this will be a Baylor vs DePaul/Louisville elite eight. If DePaul gets hot, watch out. And they can. Louisville I saw in the Gulf Coast Classic when they were losing in the beginning of the season and I said then that they could be a dangerous team come tournament time. Are we looking at another Baylor/Louisville clash??

Sioux Falls:

This bracket kind of upsets me as its nothing but repeat match ups which I despise in the tournament. Poor Florida has to possible battle South Carolina in Sweet16 and assuming South Carolina wins they will likely have to play Arizona State or Ohio State (both of which they played before). This is the reason I suspect the #1 seed could lose in this bracket. Should Ohio State get hot they could easily beat South Carolina as ASU. ASU played them the closest in the early season and the Gamecocks have offense lapses and if a team can show out offensively they could get the best of them. I think Ohio State has more fire power than the Sun Devils.

I am also picking Green Bay over Tennessee but I am not sure that is really an upset unless the Vols come out like gangbusters. Even then I would pick ASU over them.

Lexington:

I can see Stanford making a push to the Sweet16 and squaring off with ND. Whoever wins that game gets Maryland and I think people may be overlooking the Turtles. Maryland is tough. I know some people don't like Brenda but they are a pretty good team.

I think Indiana will beat a depleted Georgia team but its the 8/9 game and those could go either way.

All in all I want to see the following:

UCONN get #11

How many SEC teams survive the first and second round (I am betting not many)?

Can the BIG10 put on any offensive shows?

Lastly, I want to see an under dog in the Elite 8 (DePaul or USF).

My favorite time of the year!

GO UCONN!

Reaction Score
Bernie,Kasich and Tennessee all see these paths.PATHetic PATHological dreamers all.Reminds me of the cartoon where a frog is in a pelican's mouth and the frog has an arm sticking out with it's fingers around the pelican's throat.Underneath it says:"Don't ever give up.Tennessee'chances of reaching the final 4 is the frog with no arms.Go Green Bay!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Isn't it required to hate Notre Dame if you want to hang out on the BY? Although I will say that I have nothing against Notre Dame, I did think that Muffett was a sore loser when Baylor beat you guys in the 2012 final. Plus, you have that Texas Traitor, Turner. The TTT.

I missed that at the time. What did Muffet say after losing in 2012?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't want to say I told you, but I told you: Albany over Florida. Terrific game; great win for "the little guy"....:):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom