Phil Steele doesn't have UConn bowling | The Boneyard

Phil Steele doesn't have UConn bowling

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
FSU vs Choklahoma in the national championship game? That's not gonna happen.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
After last season, we need to prove ourselves to the national media (again). We lost to ISU, VU and WMU. I don't care whether they were improved last year. Two of them were at home and those are not good "programs". Show them the money.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
After last season, we need to prove ourselves to the national media (again). We lost to ISU, VU and WMU. I don't care whether they were improved last year. Two of them were at home and those are not good "programs". Show them the money.

I'll say it, we didn't have a QB last year. We do this year. That will count for a lot.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Does he ever have us making a bowl?

This is true. We don't usually fit the criteria that he uses to rank his teams. But it feels like he is ignoring the second year of Brown's defense factor...and the qb HAS to be better factor. Plus....we subtracted WVU from the schedule and added Temple.

Reaction Score
Does ND really have the right go to the Belk Bowl (Charlotte) or is he just one of those writers that assumes ND can take any Big East bowl?

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
FSU vs Choklahoma in the national championship game? That's not gonna happen.

That shocked me also...especially the FSU part. Where has Jimbo shown that he is a championship caliber head coach?

Reaction Score
Every year FSU is a year away..... ESPN was talking up FSU for 2012 during last bowl season, just like they were talking up FSU for 2011 in the prior bowl season, just like they were talking up FSU for 2010 during........

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I'll say it, we didn't have a QB last year. We do this year. That will count for a lot.
I agree 100%. After watching him in the spring game, I've focused my concerns on the OL as I think we're in good shape everywhere else.

Reaction Score
This is one time when Steele is Iron---ic. Steele has more players from UConn on his first team All BE team, yet he is a bit blind in his bowl projection. He has not factored in QB and new receivers etc. Forget Steele, here's the Nostical projection. We are not only going bowling--we're going to a BCS Bowl.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm not sure how anyone could expect UConn to be better than Louisville - so BCS is a stretch. It's an interesting season in that there are three games you'd expect to win and nine can go either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom