Phil Nolan: Playing in Four Nations Cup in Estonia | The Boneyard

Phil Nolan: Playing in Four Nations Cup in Estonia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge2017

Bleed Blue
Reaction Score
Good news, this will only help Phil, he needs experience and confidence so this should definitely help.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Great news.

A legitimate big man is maybe the only thing stopping us from making a title run next year. If Phil can fill that hole, that would be tremendous news.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
I have big aspirations for Mr Nolan this year..... He has the talent....he needs the weight.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Predict Phil's stats next year:

Mpg, Ppg, Rpg.

Let's see who hits it the closest.

I'll say 25 mpg (10 facey, 5 Brimah)
6 ppg, 7 rpg

Reaction Score
Dom Amore@AmoreCourant 1h
#UConnmen Phil Nolan will play in Four Nations Cup in Estonia

Haven't heard of this before, but he will be playing for the US with Russ Smith, Kadeem Batts, Rakeem Christmas and some other college players.
Here is more info: http://guyrancourt.com/

Interesting... because Russ Smith, Kadeem Batts & Rakeem Christmas will probably be playing professionally in Estonia once their college eligibility is up! ;) Poor Phil to be joining them. LOL

Reaction Score
Russ Smith and Rakeem Christmas are both D league guys with winter ball in europe

Reaction Score
Amore said he was up at Gampel a few days ago and noticed that Phil's strengthening program is definitely paying off. I think people will be surprised by Phil this year.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Amore said he was up at Gampel a few days ago and noticed that Phil's strengthening program is definitely paying off. I think people will be surprised by Phil this year.

Nolan put on enough weight and grew out enough last year that you could see the difference between November and March. Most players don't develop much during the season.

If he can get up to 215-220 lbs for this season, he really has the chance to play 20 minutes a game or more.

Reaction Score
Nolan put on enough weight and grew out enough last year that you could see the difference between November and March. Most players don't develop much during the season.

If he can get up to 215-220 lbs for this season, he really has the chance to play 20 minutes a game or more.

Early in the season I couldn't even tell the difference b/w Phil and DD, by the end of the season you could definitely notice the mass he had built in his shoulders and arms.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Early in the season I couldn't even tell the difference b/w Phil and DD, by the end of the season you could definitely notice the mass he had built in his shoulders and arms.

Agreed. I had the same problem early in the season. By March, no way. Phil was much more broad along the shoulders and chest.

Reaction Score
Nice of the coach to add 2 of his players from Lycoming. Lycoming? Where is Lycoming?

In the link, under "In the News"...

“College basketball players can’t take a semester abroad, their season prevents that,” says Guy Rancourt, ECAS founder/coach and head coach at Lycoming College in Williamsport, PA. “This is their opportunity to learn about the world.”

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Estonia is a great country - he's going to have a good time on and off the court.

Reaction Score
Interesting... because Russ Smith, Kadeem Batts & Rakeem Christmas will probably be playing professionally in Estonia once their college eligibility is up! ;) Poor Phil to be joining them. LOL
almost lost it when i read this..LMFAO

Reaction Score
Every time I'm bored in a meeting I start writing down lineups. Even that is really boring because 1-4 is set in stone. When it comes to the 5 I'm always thinking, ok let's get creative...And then I write Nolan's name every time. I know it was a small sample last year but I think he's going to make a huge jump and be a productive big this year. That said, if all he does is rebound, I'll consider that an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom