Jahshire Hardnett (Committed to Fordham) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Jahshire Hardnett (Committed to Fordham)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
034fa7ad2bd3a4cce0dea9aacc84f29d3f0f70b7ab66c3ebce266a7fee09b964.jpg

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

If you really don't want him to come here, you can take steps to make sure it doesn't happen. He has a Twitter account,
@jahshirehardnet. Go tweet at him and tell him how he shouldn't come to UCONN, how bad you think he is, and how he's insulting your fandom by even considering a school so above him as UCONN. This goes for any other recruit you or anyone else doesn't approve of. Or continue to be a to the kid behind his back.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Ceiling definitely isn't high as he doesn't have the athleticism or jump shot to help combat his lack of size, but I think he'd be fine as a ball handler off the bench with solid IQ.

If it helps us close Mario Kegler, you'd be dumb to complain about it.

Reaction Score
I'm never one to bag on kids or criticize high school prospects, but I don't think any of us can honestly say this kid is the UConn-calibur player we want or traditionally have recruited.

I honestly only think there is value in bringing this kid in if it can help land Mario Kegler. I'll take that package deal for sure - but on his own, I'm sorry, this kid just doesn't look like he'll play more than 5-10 minutes a game during his entire four year career. This is all hard to gauge from watching short mix tapes and reading scant articles, but let's be serious.

Reaction Score
Bunch of stuff on him from a Georgetown message board: http://hoyatalk2.proboards.com/thread/28139/jahshire-hardnett-15?page=1
-------------
www.bigshots.net/big_shot-recap/big-shots-july-recap-all-american-camp/

BIG SHOTS ALL AMERICAN MOST OUTSTANDING PLAYER:
Jashire Hardnett, Louisiana Dynasty 2014 5’9 PG

A power lefty guard that can score with the best of them off the dribble. Reminds me of a Travis Best type that plays a physical style and demands a double team or else scores. Holds 20+ offers and averaged 17 ppg for the event.
-------------
From 247:

Jahshire Hardnett: A 5'11" 2015 power guard, Hardnett has the physique of a young Jameer Nelson. Teamed in the backcourt with Lamonte Turner, he looked to score at this event more than necessarily create for teammates. At the next level, he will need to continue to develop his three-point shot, tighten his physique, and become more of a distributor. Still, there is room for compact lead guards who have a nose for scoring. After winning a state title in Mississippi, Hardnett came to ACD to improve his individual game and get more national exposure. He visited UTEP last month and is scheduled to take an official visit to Murray State this coming weekend. He said that he has been offered by Maryland, Georgetown, and Wisconsin since arriving at ACD. He is looking to set up official visits to Georgetown and Wisconsin.
-------------
www.maxpreps.com/news/article.aspx?articleid=f3bc504f-85cf-4237-aab1-c4bc737d87ee&page=27

MaxPreps 2014-15 Preseason Top 25 high school boys basketball rankings

9. Arlington Country Day (Jacksonville, Fla.)
Dynamic 1-2 punch in backcourt with Jahshire Hardnett and Lamonte Turner.
-------------
www.maxpreps.com/news/jKD6SjG1VUqm74AZkYB78Q/maxpreps-2014-15-preseason-top-25-basketball-preview--no-9-arlington-country-day.htm

Even with a team that is among the most talented that Rex Morgan has had at Arlington Country Day, defending the league title will be no easy task.

Morgan, who led ACD to a 42-6 state playoff record in 11 appearances while the school was a member the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA), will look to the backcourt combination of Jahshire Hardnett and Lamonte Turner to lead the repeat effort.

Hardnett averaged over 20 points per game as a junior at Gulfport (Miss.) en route to all-state honors. He was also a standout over the summer on Nike's highly competitive EYBL circuit.

Turner is regarded as one of the best scoring guards in the 2016 class and a Top 100 recruit overall, according to 247Sports recruiting guru Jerry Meyer.
-------------
www.maxpreps.com/news/dc2fbdMB_E6RUrDHxxfA3w/maxpreps-2014-15-florida-preseason-boys-basketball-fab-5,-presented-by-the-army-national-guard-.htm

MaxPreps 2014-15 Florida Boys Basketball Fab 5 presented by the Army National Guard

2. Arlington Country Day (Jacksonville)
2013-14 record: 30-5, SIAA champions
Head coach: Rex Morgan

The backcourt combination of Jahshire Hardnett (6-0, Sr.) and Lamonte Turner (6-2, Jr.) should be sensational. They will be joined up front by Spanish import Yankuba Sima (6-11, Sr., C), Brazilian Tulio Da Silva (6-8, Sr., F), Malik Hicks (6-6, Sr., F) and Mario Kegler (6-7, Jr., F).
-------------
blog.gulflive.com/mississippi-press-sports/2013/11/basketball_jahshire_hardnett_p.html

"(Hardnett) got rolling and we missed some defensive assignments," Pascagoula coach Ron Norman said. "That's what a good experienced team is supposed to do. That kid has been starting since the ninth grade. He got them going and they fed off him, and everybody else made plays."

"(Hardnett's) gotten better and he's become a better shooter and gotten stronger," Gulfport coach Owen Miller said. "We've moved him off the ball and tried to free him up a bit. He came out in the third quarter and made a 3 to get us started, and I thought he took over the game in the second half."
-------------
Here's another write up from April after scoring 30 in his 1st EYBL game this spring..

He avg's 10.9 on 42% shooting, 31% from 3 and 71% from the line in 16 EYBL games. He avg'd 2.5 assists to 1.8 to's also.. Not bad stats at all imo...

www.clarionledger.com/story/recruitingreport/2014/04/30/jahshire-hardnett-underdog-eybl/8512049/

The Dandy Dozen guard helped Red Storm to its first victory of the season against Wisconsin's Playground Elite last Saturday, leading all scorers with 30 points on 11 of 12 shooting from the field.

"I was taking really good shots the whole weekend," he said. "I can stay play the one if I need to, but if I have the ball they're just going to pressure me and throw a double team. I like being able to take off from the wing and just go."
-------------
Jahshire Hardnett – Nobody had a better weekend for NTL than Jahshire obviously. He had one of the better games in the entire session with an 11/12 FG, 30 point performance. He is the guy you want to have the ball in his hands with the shot clock running down because he can get the rim, draw a foul, create a midrange or stroke it from the 3 point line. He’s a very versatile combo guard. When he and Chad start clicking together, it’s going to be special to watch. I think that’s going to happen in these next 3 sessions. When it does happen, that will make this NTL team pretty tough to guard on the perimeter. Jahshire won a high school state championship in ultra-competitive 6A in Mississippi as a junior and was MVP of the state championshipgame. The experience he and Chad Lott gained from playing in the EYBL last year is invaluable. We look to Jahshire to be one of the leaders of this team, not just on the offensive end but on the defensive end and in the huddle.

www.d1circuit.com/news_article/show/384366?referrer_id=790853
-------------
westernkentucky.scout.com/2/1402609.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

A program with those qualities shouldn't be difficult for the 5-foot-10 speedster to find, who already claims offers from Western Kentucky, Texas Tech, SMU, Ole Miss, Clemson and Murray State, among others.

His quickness and scoring ability is a big reason why Division 1 coaches are offering, but Hardnett already knows what he needs to improve at.
"I know I need to become a better floor leader," he said. "Sometimes, I try to score a little too much.

"Coming into college being 5'10, I'm not gonna be able to score as easy as I can in high school. I want to work towards getting my teammates involved more."
The Gulfport (Miss.) star doesn't have any visits planned yet, but said he looks to start scheduling them towards the end of May.
-------------
Strengths:

Advanced Ball Handling skills

Speed and Strength. Very fast end to end and solid upper frame allows him to finish through contact despite his small size.

Gritty tough competitor/Scrappy defender

Gamer. Wants to take the big shot, does not shy away from the big moment or high pressure situations

Mentality. Kid wants to bury you, if he gets it going he will hunt shots and try and turn a 5 point lead into 15 soon as possible. Very aggressive scorer of the basketball who embraces the big stage

Defense. When he dedicates himself defensively he can be really disruptive to ball handlers, the problem is he does not do it enough.​

Minuses:

Size. Kid is 5’10 maybe 5’9

Streaky shooter. Eybl averages were 42% from the floor and 31% from 3. Not bad but not great either. Kid says he takes bad shots from time to time and I won’t disagree. He has those “heat check” moments. I like the mentality but it needs to be tamed IMO.

PG? Does he and can he show the mentality needed to run a basketball team? Right now he plays like a 5’10 SG can he get to the point and stick there.​

Overall:

I like his game and mentality. Hardnett is the type of kid who usually ends up at a MM and ends up causing some HM coach fits in the tourney. Kid has a lot of Dog in him which I like. He also has the look and demeanor of a kid whose been passed over many times do to his size and profile and plays like it.

I think right now he projects to be a backup PG/Spark plug of the bench. The type of kid you stick in the game if your looking for a spark of the bench, or just want a change of pace. How much time he sees will depend on his ability to transition into a PG role and improving his shot selection and decision making.​
-------------
@coreyevans_10
Jahshire Hardnett has my vote as best available lead guard. Lefty moves the ball and changes gears up with the best of them

@coreyevans_10 Jahshire Hardnett showing off a polished push shot from 10 feet. Effective floor general who can distribute

@jacklegwin Jashire Hardnett has improved a lot.

Jack LeGwin @jacklegwin · 5h 5 hours ago
VASJ knocks off ACD 69-67 behind 18 points from Brian Parker Jr. Jashire Hardnett had 18 points. Parker Jr. is the MVP.

Corey Evans ‏@coreyevans_10 15h15 hours ago Kilbuck, PA
Learned a few things this evening at the Cancer Research Classic. 1: Jahshire Hardnett is arguably best available pg in 15. Tough/productive

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Bunch of stuff on him from a Georgetown message board: http://hoyatalk2.proboards.com/thread/28139/jahshire-hardnett-15?page=1
-------------
www.bigshots.net/big_shot-recap/big-shots-july-recap-all-american-camp/

BIG SHOTS ALL AMERICAN MOST OUTSTANDING PLAYER:
Jashire Hardnett, Louisiana Dynasty 2014 5’9 PG

A power lefty guard that can score with the best of them off the dribble. Reminds me of a Travis Best type that plays a physical style and demands a double team or else scores. Holds 20+ offers and averaged 17 ppg for the event.
-------------
From 247:

Jahshire Hardnett: A 5'11" 2015 power guard, Hardnett has the physique of a young Jameer Nelson. Teamed in the backcourt with Lamonte Turner, he looked to score at this event more than necessarily create for teammates. At the next level, he will need to continue to develop his three-point shot, tighten his physique, and become more of a distributor. Still, there is room for compact lead guards who have a nose for scoring. After winning a state title in Mississippi, Hardnett came to ACD to improve his individual game and get more national exposure. He visited UTEP last month and is scheduled to take an official visit to Murray State this coming weekend. He said that he has been offered by Maryland, Georgetown, and Wisconsin since arriving at ACD. He is looking to set up official visits to Georgetown and Wisconsin.
-------------
www.maxpreps.com/news/article.aspx?articleid=f3bc504f-85cf-4237-aab1-c4bc737d87ee&page=27

MaxPreps 2014-15 Preseason Top 25 high school boys basketball rankings

9. Arlington Country Day (Jacksonville, Fla.)
Dynamic 1-2 punch in backcourt with Jahshire Hardnett and Lamonte Turner.
-------------
www.maxpreps.com/news/jKD6SjG1VUqm74AZkYB78Q/maxpreps-2014-15-preseason-top-25-basketball-preview--no-9-arlington-country-day.htm

Even with a team that is among the most talented that Rex Morgan has had at Arlington Country Day, defending the league title will be no easy task.

Morgan, who led ACD to a 42-6 state playoff record in 11 appearances while the school was a member the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA), will look to the backcourt combination of Jahshire Hardnett and Lamonte Turner to lead the repeat effort.

Hardnett averaged over 20 points per game as a junior at Gulfport (Miss.) en route to all-state honors. He was also a standout over the summer on Nike's highly competitive EYBL circuit.

Turner is regarded as one of the best scoring guards in the 2016 class and a Top 100 recruit overall, according to 247Sports recruiting guru Jerry Meyer.
-------------
www.maxpreps.com/news/dc2fbdMB_E6RUrDHxxfA3w/maxpreps-2014-15-florida-preseason-boys-basketball-fab-5,-presented-by-the-army-national-guard-.htm

MaxPreps 2014-15 Florida Boys Basketball Fab 5 presented by the Army National Guard

2. Arlington Country Day (Jacksonville)
2013-14 record: 30-5, SIAA champions
Head coach: Rex Morgan

The backcourt combination of Jahshire Hardnett (6-0, Sr.) and Lamonte Turner (6-2, Jr.) should be sensational. They will be joined up front by Spanish import Yankuba Sima (6-11, Sr., C), Brazilian Tulio Da Silva (6-8, Sr., F), Malik Hicks (6-6, Sr., F) and Mario Kegler (6-7, Jr., F).
-------------
blog.gulflive.com/mississippi-press-sports/2013/11/basketball_jahshire_hardnett_p.html

"(Hardnett) got rolling and we missed some defensive assignments," Pascagoula coach Ron Norman said. "That's what a good experienced team is supposed to do. That kid has been starting since the ninth grade. He got them going and they fed off him, and everybody else made plays."

"(Hardnett's) gotten better and he's become a better shooter and gotten stronger," Gulfport coach Owen Miller said. "We've moved him off the ball and tried to free him up a bit. He came out in the third quarter and made a 3 to get us started, and I thought he took over the game in the second half."
-------------
Here's another write up from April after scoring 30 in his 1st EYBL game this spring..

He avg's 10.9 on 42% shooting, 31% from 3 and 71% from the line in 16 EYBL games. He avg'd 2.5 assists to 1.8 to's also.. Not bad stats at all imo...

www.clarionledger.com/story/recruitingreport/2014/04/30/jahshire-hardnett-underdog-eybl/8512049/

The Dandy Dozen guard helped Red Storm to its first victory of the season against Wisconsin's Playground Elite last Saturday, leading all scorers with 30 points on 11 of 12 shooting from the field.

"I was taking really good shots the whole weekend," he said. "I can stay play the one if I need to, but if I have the ball they're just going to pressure me and throw a double team. I like being able to take off from the wing and just go."
-------------
Jahshire Hardnett – Nobody had a better weekend for NTL than Jahshire obviously. He had one of the better games in the entire session with an 11/12 FG, 30 point performance. He is the guy you want to have the ball in his hands with the shot clock running down because he can get the rim, draw a foul, create a midrange or stroke it from the 3 point line. He’s a very versatile combo guard. When he and Chad start clicking together, it’s going to be special to watch. I think that’s going to happen in these next 3 sessions. When it does happen, that will make this NTL team pretty tough to guard on the perimeter. Jahshire won a high school state championship in ultra-competitive 6A in Mississippi as a junior and was MVP of the state championshipgame. The experience he and Chad Lott gained from playing in the EYBL last year is invaluable. We look to Jahshire to be one of the leaders of this team, not just on the offensive end but on the defensive end and in the huddle.

www.d1circuit.com/news_article/show/384366?referrer_id=790853
-------------
westernkentucky.scout.com/2/1402609.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

A program with those qualities shouldn't be difficult for the 5-foot-10 speedster to find, who already claims offers from Western Kentucky, Texas Tech, SMU, Ole Miss, Clemson and Murray State, among others.

His quickness and scoring ability is a big reason why Division 1 coaches are offering, but Hardnett already knows what he needs to improve at.
"I know I need to become a better floor leader," he said. "Sometimes, I try to score a little too much.

"Coming into college being 5'10, I'm not gonna be able to score as easy as I can in high school. I want to work towards getting my teammates involved more."
The Gulfport (Miss.) star doesn't have any visits planned yet, but said he looks to start scheduling them towards the end of May.
-------------
Strengths:

Advanced Ball Handling skills

Speed and Strength. Very fast end to end and solid upper frame allows him to finish through contact despite his small size.

Gritty tough competitor/Scrappy defender

Gamer. Wants to take the big shot, does not shy away from the big moment or high pressure situations

Mentality. Kid wants to bury you, if he gets it going he will hunt shots and try and turn a 5 point lead into 15 soon as possible. Very aggressive scorer of the basketball who embraces the big stage

Defense. When he dedicates himself defensively he can be really disruptive to ball handlers, the problem is he does not do it enough.​

Minuses:

Size. Kid is 5’10 maybe 5’9

Streaky shooter. Eybl averages were 42% from the floor and 31% from 3. Not bad but not great either. Kid says he takes bad shots from time to time and I won’t disagree. He has those “heat check” moments. I like the mentality but it needs to be tamed IMO.

PG? Does he and can he show the mentality needed to run a basketball team? Right now he plays like a 5’10 SG can he get to the point and stick there.​

Overall:

I like his game and mentality. Hardnett is the type of kid who usually ends up at a MM and ends up causing some HM coach fits in the tourney. Kid has a lot of Dog in him which I like. He also has the look and demeanor of a kid whose been passed over many times do to his size and profile and plays like it.

I think right now he projects to be a backup PG/Spark plug of the bench. The type of kid you stick in the game if your looking for a spark of the bench, or just want a change of pace. How much time he sees will depend on his ability to transition into a PG role and improving his shot selection and decision making.​
-------------
@coreyevans_10
Jahshire Hardnett has my vote as best available lead guard. Lefty moves the ball and changes gears up with the best of them

@coreyevans_10 Jahshire Hardnett showing off a polished push shot from 10 feet. Effective floor general who can distribute

@jacklegwin Jashire Hardnett has improved a lot.

Jack LeGwin @jacklegwin · 5h 5 hours ago
VASJ knocks off ACD 69-67 behind 18 points from Brian Parker Jr. Jashire Hardnett had 18 points. Parker Jr. is the MVP.

Corey Evans ‏@coreyevans_10 15h15 hours ago Kilbuck, PA
Learned a few things this evening at the Cancer Research Classic. 1: Jahshire Hardnett is arguably best available pg in 15. Tough/productive

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
If you really don't want him to come here, you can take steps to make sure it doesn't happen. He has a Twitter account,
@jahshirehardnet. Go tweet at him and tell him how he shouldn't come to UCONN, how bad you think he is, and how he's insulting your fandom by even considering a school so above him as UCONN. This goes for any other recruit you or anyone else doesn't approve of. Or continue to be a to the kid behind his back.
I don't do twitter, so I'll just stick to using this board as a means for my expression, thank you for your concern
b34.jpg

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I don't do twitter, so I'll just stick to using this board as a means for my expression, thank you for your concern
b34.jpg

Wow, somebody knows how to use a meme generator. Congratulations.

Suit yourself, but if he ends up committing and signing and driving you crazy every time he steps onto the floor, remember you were too lazy to do anything about it. If you feel any anger as a result of his play, you brought 100% of it on yourself.

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
Wow, somebody knows how to use a meme generator. Congratulations.

Suit yourself, but if he ends up committing and signing and driving you crazy every time he steps onto the floor, remember you were too lazy to do anything about it. If you feel any anger as a result of his play, you brought 100% of it on yourself.
Butthurt........
Next time tell Jahshire to use more lube

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
I'm also not making jokes about having anal intercourse with basketball recruits. Think about how this exchange reflects on you.
Hey man, I just call'em like I see it..... Don't be mad, I'm not

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
Knock it off.
Sir yes sir:rolleyes:

By the way, all I ever said about Hardnet was "next please", which prompted stairmaster to call me a "" (which I found to be highly offensive)

So if you wanna play referee fish, let's try to be "a lil" more impartial, mmmmm kay, thanks

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Sir yes sir:rolleyes:

By the way, all I ever said about Hardnet was "next please", which prompted stairmaster to call me a "" (which I found to be highly offensive)

So if you wanna play referee fish, let's try to be "a lil" more impartial, mmmmm kay, thanks

Let's just worry about you for now.

Your next cutesy response should stay in your head.

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
Let's just worry about you for now.

Your next cutesy response should stay in your head.

I don't do cutesy fish, but if you wanna look past the facts, so be it

Jut give me a heads up when the worry's on the other fella

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member