PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American) | Page 46 | The Boneyard

PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So excited for this kid to be a Husky. kemba driving ability + good shooter....

Him & Jalen + strong supporting cast of Terry Larrier, Enoch et al = great shot at #5! 2 PG U!

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
So excited for this kid to be a Husky. kemba driving ability + good shooter....

Him & Jalen + strong supporting cast of Terry Larrier, Enoch et al = great shot at #5! 2 PG U!
If everyone's on the same page this year, this could be a great year

Reaction Score
This is probably a classic boneyard bonehead post on my part, but . . .
This kid is quicker than either Bazz or Kemba, shoots better than Kemba and maybe Bazz, and I've already got my money down on "best point guard ever to play at UConn." I know, I know, crazy.
But I know what I'm seeing, and what I'm seeing is a talent I have not seen before here.

Reaction Score
I don't think you realize how quick Kemba was and how great of a shooter Shabazz was. Let's not call this kid the next coming just yet. He is a great player and has been showing it. But did you see how quick Kemba was getting to the rim at will his entire Junior year? And the lights out shooter Shabazz was, i mean the NC game against UK he was pulling from 30 ft and burying it. Those two are two of the greatest players to play here and this kid is over a year away from even stepping on a college court, I understand the hype and its well deserved, but you can't rate him over UCONN greats just yet.

Reaction Score
Kemba was bigger and had a filthier first step. Bazz coming in I saw as a supreme shooting talent/flashy/competetive. Bazz also has a 6'4 wingspan so it made him an effective defensive tool off the bench as a frosh. I would argue adams has the best chance to loft himself in that company

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
This is probably a classic boneyard bonehead post on my part, but . . .
This kid is quicker than either Bazz or Kemba, shoots better than Kemba and maybe Bazz, and I've already got my money down on "best point guard ever to play at UConn." I know, I know, crazy.
But I know what I'm seeing, and what I'm seeing is a talent I have not seen before here.

Amazing enough that we have 2point guards lined up that have the potential to be in that company and may possibly even exceed Kemba & Shabazz.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
USA south won the tournament. AG averaged 21 ppg 5 asts 4 rebs. Scored 28 in the final and held fellow highly touted PG Trae Young to 3-15 shooting. Also played the full 40 minutes

Interestingly enough, we have an offer out to T. Young. Not sure how seriously we're targeting him though, especially given our recruitment of Nate Pierre-Louis.

Reaction Score
Interestingly enough, we have an offer out to T. Young. Not sure how seriously we're targeting him though, especially given our recruitment of Nate Pierre-Louis.
Well i think with the commitment of AG, having Jalen on the roster, as well as pursuing a number of '17 PG's, we aren't carrying through a whole lot with the Trae Young interest

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
It should be illegal to predict anyone ahead of Kemba before they step into Storrs.. If somehow that ever happens then that is great but that prediction should never ever be made... I would post tcfs video of Kemba in MSG or the Maui tourney to remind you of Kembas greatness but this is Gilberts thread and I respect that....

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
People need to take it easy with those comparisons. He's a similar height to those guys, but that's where the comparisons end.

Bazz and Boat use their shots to set up the drive. Gilbert uses the drive to set up his mid-range and deep games. His style is closer to Kemba's, but they play very differently too.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It should be illegal to predict anyone ahead of Kemba before they step into Storrs.. If somehow that ever happens then that is great but that prediction should never ever be made... I would post tcfs video of Kemba in MSG or the Maui tourney to remind you of Kembas greatness but this is Gilberts thread and I respect that....

While I don't disagree in the slightest, I'd be even more shocked if a guy was picked to be better than Emeka.

Reaction Score
People need to take it easy with those comparisons. He's a similar height to those guys, but that's where the comparisons end.

Bazz and Boat use their shots to set up the drive. Gilbert uses the drive to set up his mid-range and deep games. His style is closer to Kemba's, but they play very differently too.
Good point reminds me of Dyson with the quick drive and then shot or layup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger