PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American) | Page 45 | The Boneyard

PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anytime I read size. I default to thinking how many Hilton Units is that?

Sigh. I was in my 20s then, I miss those days of the world being in front of me and no responsibility for kids, etc. and the 2004 was my favorite team ever since it was the first time and only time I traveled to see a Husky game in Connecticut.

Reaction Score
Maybe my eyes were deceiving me or the relative size of the other players was smaller (could very well be the case). Just looked bigger to me. Boat always looked like a shrimp...didn't get that from looking at Alterique.
I think you're right, though, even though they are the same height. Like @aceboon says, Gilbert is more muscular and stronger than Boat was coming out of high school.

Reaction Score
yeh gilbert looks like a running back. almost like byron eaton when he was an elite txas hs football prospect then turned that down to play point at okstate. less stocky than eaton though and quicker off the floor.

Reaction Score
Gilbert could add an inch or 2 at his age, not happenin' for Boat.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The last game Gilbert appeared to be out of gas. His play tapered off by the end of the tournament. I suspect that even in a BE type of tournament he would have kept up his level of play. The Peach Jam format was just brutal on these kids. And a kid like Gilbert who employs an extra gear to make up for his height probably used up the fuel in his tank quicker than others.

I expect him to be special at UConn.

Reaction Score
he is there now for usa east pan africa, who is he scouting? definitely not vj king...

Reaction Score
these games are def a bit scattered. not a lot of practice time, this is no peach jam. each team is loaded.. pan africa is smacking up usa east. usa south is loaded geez

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Oh okay cool. I assume Ollie is watching East for DJ Harvey and Nick Richards. Maybe keeping an eye out for VJ too

Reaction Score
In terms of his frame, he reminds me so much of a mini Ben Gordon. Kid may be on the short side, but he's got a ton of strength in his upper body. And he's got longgg arms which he uses to achieve excellent handle, keeping the ball very close to the floor.

Kid looks like a beast, can't wait him on the court

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro