PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American) | The Boneyard

PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For you recruiting junkies. According to On The Radar Hoops UConn will be in to see him Thursday morning.

Shun Williams @OntheRadarHoops

UCONN will see Miller Grove (GA) junior guard Alterique Gilbert @iBleed_Royal tomorrow morning @coachswhite pic.twitter.com/weBEzVMrrR

According to ESPN's scouting report Alterique Gilbert is a lightning quick point guard who is a very good defender but sometimes plays out of control.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score

Looks like a boatright clone to me. Slightly better shot maybe? Check out th3 double block @1:58

H

huskymagic

Looks like a boatright clone to me. Slightly better shot maybe? Check out th3 double block @1:58

He's a bigger ryan boatright with good handle and the shot of rodney purvis. He's good I like his tenacity and elusiveness when he goes to the basket.

Reaction Score
He's a bigger ryan boatright with good handle and the shot of rodney purvis. He's good I like his tenacity and elusiveness when he goes to the basket.

Has RP made a yet?..... Just playing don't crucify me!

Reaction Score
He was just offered by Ollie today: @coachswhite: Great to have @CoachKO_UConn @UConnMBB in to visit with @iBleed_Royal this week & offer him a scholarship with the Huskies...
#StillHungry

Reaction Score
Lovin it, but will try not to get attached or excited. I like his name, but I like his look even more. He looks like Bazz and Boat created a hybrid, already has strong arms and shows skill on those crafty drives

Sign him up!

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Ollie has gotten the knack for picking four year players.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Can someone refresh my memory and tell me any other 2016 PG we've offered?

Reaction Score
Definitely looks like he can do everything: dish, drive, and dominate. However, there are about a dozen other schools that have offered including GTech and Georgia. He is rated 8th best PG and in the ESPN top 60. It would be nice to have him on the Huskies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Can someone refresh my memory and tell me any other 2016 PG we've offered?

Jaylen Fisher is probably the biggest name that we have a reasonable shot at - gotta get him out of SEC/Memphis land, though.

I would not be surprised if we offered Trent Forrest out of Florida, but expect that it will not come to anything - Florida State is on him and that generally means we're cooked.

Reaction Score
I believe:
Derryck Thornton (awhile back, but think that's long past)
Jaylen Fisher
Temple Gibbs
Shaky Handlesman
Tremont Waters (he's technically 2017, but my hunch he reclassifies)
I really hope TW reclassifies and picks us. A year of him and Jalen in the same backcourt would be exciting. Now that's more typical of a UConn backcourt.

Reaction Score
I believe:
Derryck Thornton (awhile back, but think that's long past)
Jaylen Fisher
Temple Gibbs
Shaky Handlesman
Tremont Waters (he's technically 2017, but my hunch he reclassifies)

It's the Handlesman twins like the Harrisons Bear, brother Noah also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger