Steven Enoch (Committed to UConn) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Steven Enoch (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Trust me, I'm not being condescending. LOL I'll get out of this thread and let you guys find out about him on your own.

Great post Hume.

Trust me, no need to get out of this thread.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
When someone says "trust
Me" I automatically get sketched out. Funny how that works.

Anyway I'll let our staff decide how good the kid is. Hopefully he's the real deal and we land him. If we don't then I wouldn't mind Memphis getting a good one either.

Reaction Score
Interesting - good info.

One bit of advice, though: when addressing something about which you are passionate, don't ever use the phrase "trust me." You're engaging in the argument from authority logical fallacy, and countless peer reviewed sociological studies have shown that phrase actually elicits the opposite response.

So if you want us to doubt your every word, just say "trust me."

Trust me.
Got a link to these studies? I'd be interested in the scenarios set up in these studies, like what kind and level of "trust" was expected and the implications of providing said trust, like "trust me, I know John Adams was the first Vice President" vs "trust me, I won't run away with your purse"

Reaction Score
Hasn't been a good Norwalk kid since Calvin Murphy! BTW why didn't he go to UCONN?
I've always wondered that, and why he went to Niagra instead of a UK or Dukeish school at that time. He was a national high school player of the year. How'd he end up at Niagra?

Reaction Score

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
If this is the center we end up with, I will be just fine with that. Kid looks pretty fluid out there - functional size and athleticism.

Reaction Score
Based on all these reports sounds like we should trust Edward01.

This board seems to be getting way to snippy lately.

Can't we just talk hoops without getting all up in somebody's business. Just because someone disagrees with someone, doesn't mean they're attacking that person.

Anyhow, sounds like a local kid we should keep an eye on.

Reaction Score
Of course I know him. Trust me. He's legit. Memphis offered for a reason and a ton of other big time schools are all over him. I only joined to post here when I saw that silly comment. Steve is a junior and will probably reclass to class of 2016. He's only 16 and doesn't turn 17 until the next school year.
Why would he reclassify if all these schools want him? Why not get to college against better comp sooner? Thanks for your insights here!

Reaction Score
If this is the center we end up with, I will be just fine with that. Kid looks pretty fluid out there - functional size and athleticism.

I don't think this kid is a center at the next level. I think he will be much better suited to play the 4 where he can use his jumper more.

Reaction Score
Why would he reclassify if all these schools want him? Why not get to college against better comp sooner? Thanks for your insights here!

Why not wait another year and get bigger, faster , stronger as well as develop your game more so you are ready to play at the college level as soon as you step foot on campus?

Reaction Score
Dogmania
Thanks.
Reclass is up in the air now. And the reason was he has limited experience (one year varsity and only started training about 15 months ago). Kansas and a handful of other high majors has been recruiting him hard. Waiting on that offer from Ollie. He's killing out here. He's super special and yes he's a 4. He's 6'10 now.

Reaction Score
Dogmania
Thanks.
Reclass is up in the air now. And the reason was he has limited experience (one year varsity and only started training about 15 months ago). Kansas and a handful of other high majors has been recruiting him hard. Waiting on that offer from Ollie. He's killing out here. He's super special and yes he's a 4. He's 6'10 now.
Thanks for all your input! Don't let a few detractors spoil it for the vast majority. Watched the video, was that from his sophomore year? Impressed with his jump shot. Couldn't tell size/talent he was against but it looked easy for him...What would u put % he reclassified at and is UConn recruiting him? Thanks!

Reaction Score
I have no knowledge of his game or plans other than what I've read. Recruits reclassify to get more experience, get bigger and stronger, improve their game, get their academics in order and usually to get better offers.

If his academics are in order, his game is good enough to earn some PT and he's beginning to get offers from big time programs, I would not be surprised if he decides not to reclassify.

Reaction Score
From Rivals:

Heading into Saturday's action at the Pangos All-American Camp, 6-foot-9 power forward Steve Enoch from Norwalk (Conn.) High was a pretty big mystery to most observers. Not because his talent is tough to figure out, but because the class of 2015 prospect hasn't yet gotten much exposure.

On Saturday, Enoch got plenty of exposure and he made the most of it.

Physically impressive, Enoch is a good athlete, has an ideal frame for a big man and he is extremely tough. Enoch can play rough-and-tumble basketball on the interior and he is an excellent rebounder. But, he's not without skill and his jump shot looks very fluid. Seeing him step out and knock down a three with confidence was impressive.

So far, Enoch's only high major offer is from Memphis but that will soon be changing. Others that have shown interest include Connecticut, Providence, Virginia, VCU, Kansas, Kansas State and Arizona State.

Enoch's summer coach George Mathews of High Rise Team Up has seen what the rising senior big man is capable of up close.

"We think that he's a high-major player," Mathews said. "He just hasn't been seen by a lot of schools yet."

Enoch looked the part of a high-major player this weekend and is likely earning himself a spot in the 2015 Rivals150 the next time it is updated.

Reaction Score
Another update from Scout:

Steven Enoch, PF — It's guys like this who can make this job so fun. Enoch arrived at camp with a blossoming reputation, but he's going to exit it with an even greater one than anticipated. A very fluid big man endline to endline, Enoch is built of substance. He isn't bulky or inflexible, he just has solid legs and an upper body that will allow him to add all the muscle he'll ever need.

Additionally, he can step away from the basket and hit a natural-looking, facing jump shot. According to his summer coach — he has played with High Rise Up Top — he also has grades. Enoch should be on every high-major radar in July that's seeking a big man, and he clearly belongs somewhere in our national rankings. Memphis has offered and a handful of others, but look for that number to increase quickly by mid-August.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Dogmania
Thanks.

Since you seem to have info: Does he actually have interest IN UConn? Is he a fan at all? Is UCONN even on him aggressively (gulp)?

Sounds like a UCONN type of guy from the description.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Since you seem to have info: Does he actually have interest IN UConn? Is he a fan at all? Is UCONN even on him aggressively (gulp)?

Sounds like a UCONN type of guy from the description.

Was just going to ask that. How could a kid playing basketball in CT not be a UConn fan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom