PF/C Juwan Durham (Signed LOI on 11/11) | Page 21 | The Boneyard

PF/C Juwan Durham (Signed LOI on 11/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This commitment is like an RKO out of nowhere. All the drama we go through with so many recruits. This kid just came in with a low profile visit, left quietly and then pledged his services and near future with our great school and program. Oh and he's borderline 5 star. We are spoiled and it doesn't suck.

Gblow8690

The So Called Troll
Reaction Score
He was undoubtedly inspired by the winning tradition of the men's bb team
Certainly not from the recent success of the Football team. Lol
Beating Nova in Football is like beating Yale in Basketball. Oh wait we lost to Yale so kudos to the Football team.

Reaction Score
My big reasoning is the conference. If we get in the ACC or Big 10 I would not be worried but until then I am.

look this isn't a personal blog to air your asinine grievances out, learn to use a message board format properly to add to discussions. in this thread you're making a lot of 'noise' about being worried about the state of the program... all while KO has reeled in an elite class and won a championship in 2014. There is legit nothing to worried about the state of the bball program, if anything fans should be gleeful. The only conclusion to draw from all this is that you're an insufferable troll who should be banned.

Reaction Score
Beating Nova in Football is like beating Yale in Basketball. Oh wait we lost to Yale so kudos to the Football team.
The UCONN basketball team is the best men's basketball team of my lifetime....just say it bi**h!

Gblow8690

The So Called Troll
Reaction Score
look this isn't a personal blog to air your asinine grievances out, learn to use a message board format properly to add to discussions. in this thread you're making a lot of 'noise' about being worried about the state of the program... all while KO has reeled in an elite class and won a championship in 2014. There is legit nothing to worried about the state of the bball program, if anything fans should be gleeful. The only conclusion to draw from all this is that you're an insufferable troll who should be banned.
Ok the AAC is the most powerful conference in men's basketball. No worries going forward. Have a nice night James

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
This commitment is like an RKO out of nowhere. All the drama we go through with so many recruits. This kid just came in with a low profile visit, left quietly and then pledged his services and near future with our great school and program. Oh and he's borderline 5 star. We are spoiled and it doesn't suck.

+1 for the Randy Orton reference.

Reaction Score
So it turns out you're oblivious to both basketball AND football.

Reaction Score
You don't agree there the best team of all time?
I am firm believer in chat room protocol. If you want to discuss FB or Women's BB I must insist we take that discussion to the proper forum.

Gblow8690

The So Called Troll
Reaction Score
I am firm believer in chat room protocol. If you want to discuss FB or Women's BB I must insist we take that discussion to the proper forum.
Will do and I respect that and already talking about the football win in the football forum.

Reaction Score
Do you really think that would be hard? You have no clue!!!!

UCONN will be a top 20 team by the end of the season (barring injuries) because they have a terrific backcourt that will be experienced. Where I think you're going wrong about losing the best player from last year was that they lost Boatright and nothing else. You understand that it is possible to be better while losing your best player, right? Is this your 1st year following basketball? Welcome. They're stronger in the frontcourt and the backcourt is better because for most of the year the only real guard we had was Boat until Purvis came on at the end . Now he's suddenly going to revert back to being terrible? Anyhow, Gibbs can play. And as for your comment - if you are 8-8 or 9-7 in power conference- well we already proved that doesn't mean squat, didn't we? SO the significance of 8-8 or 9-7 didn't matter a few years ago in the Big East because we know who was number 1 at the end, don't we?

And two years ago, that same college team that was a 6seed in the NCAA's from the AAC -- they wouldn't have been much better than 9-7 or 8-8 in the elite power conferences, right? And who was number at the end of that year? And if I recal nearly everyone kept picking against that AAC team while someone like Kenny Smith kept explaining the importance of experienced guards that can make things happen from busted plays, did he not? Do you know who that team was?

And as I recall, both years this same team led with an experienced point guard beat a much more heralded/talented team - Kentucky, did they not? And how did this team beat Kentucky, do you recall? Frontcourt? Backcourt? It was the backcourt, wasn't it? So you can have a lot les talent but if you win the backcourt - you have a shot, right?

So you don't give any shot to UCONN being a top 20 team with the experienced backcourt we have and the ballhandler we have with Hamilton at the 3/4? If you don't I'm wondering what your real name is. Is that you Charles Barkley?

And I see your a fellow UCONN women's fan. Good for you. And when you are speaking of all-time great teams - I'm sure if you followed them - you'd know their very greatest teams - they had extremely strong senior leadership. Experience. And if you are a UCONN men's fan you would have already understood the importance of an experienced backcourt because you should be aware that UCONN's teams that won titles were led by experienced junior or senior backcourt player. For you totally dismiss UCONN I find truly bizarre after all the other experience you must have had with UCONN in the past. Unless this is your 1st year following UConn? If so, welcome aboard son.

The reason you give of being 8-8 type team in an elite conference, the Ivey league kid you mock yet two years ago we had much worse with Brimah and nothing else while of pf was in foul trouble - we beat Ky. The point of "we lost Boat" so we can't be as good. These are the type of posts many are mocking you because they are just silly points. The Ivey league kid just has to rebound a bit and hit an occasional shot. You understand that, right? A 5th year kid.

Last edited:

Gblow8690

The So Called Troll
Reaction Score
UCONN will be a top 20 team by the end of the season (barring injuries) because they have a terrific backcourt that will be experienced. Where I think you're going wrong about losing the best player from last year was that they lost Boatright and nothing else. You understand that it is possible to be better while losing your best player, right? Is this your 1st year following basketball? Welcome. They're stronger in the frontcourt and the backcourt is better because for most of the year the only real guard we had was Boat until Purvis came on at the end . Now he's suddenly going to revert back to being terrible? Anyhow, Gibbs can play. And as for your comment - if you are 8-8 or 9-7 in power conference- well we already proved that doesn't mean squat, didn't we? SO the significance of 8-8 or 9-7 didn't matter a few years ago in the Big East because we know who was number 1 at the end, don't we?

And two years ago, that same college team that was a 6seed in the NCAA's from the AAC -- they wouldn't have been much better than 9-7 or 8-8 in the elite power conferences, right? And who was number at the end of that year? And if I recal nearly everyone kept picking against that AAC team while someone like Kenny Smith kept explaining the importance of experienced guards that can make things happen from busted plays, did he not? Do you know who that team was?

And as I recall, both years this same team led with an experienced point guard beat a much more heralded/talented team - Kentucky, did they not? And how did this team beat Kentucky, do you recall? Frontcourt? Backcourt? It was the backcourt, wasn't it? So you can have a lot les talent but if you win the backcourt - you have a shot, right?

So you don't give any shot to UCONN being a top 20 team with the experienced backcourt we have and the ballhandler we have with Hamilton at the 3/4? If you don't I'm wondering what your real name is. Is that you Charles Barkley?

And I see your a fellow UCONN women's fan. Good for you. And when you are speaking of all-time great teams - I'm sure if you followed them - you'd know their very greatest teams - they had extremely strong senior leadership. Experience. And if you are a UCONN men's fan you would have already understood the importance of an experienced backcourt because you should be aware that UCONN's teams that won titles were led by experienced junior or senior backcourt player. For you totally dismiss UCONN I find truly bizarre after all the other experience you must have had with UCONN in the past. Unless this is your 1st year following UConn? If so, welcome aboard son.

The reason you give of being 8-8 type team in an elite conference, the Ivey league kid you mock yet two years ago we had much worse with Brimah and nothing else while of pf was in foul trouble - we beat Ky. The point of "we lost Boat" so we can't be as good. These are the type of posts many are mocking you because they are just silly points. The Ivey league kid just has to rebound a bit and hit an occasional shot. You understand that, right? A 5th year kid.
I respect what you say but our backcourt is not Nappier and Walker. Not even close to the caliber they were. We won 2 ships because they each played out of there minds. To even compare them to the backcourt of the ship teams is just baseless. And to say miller just needs to get a few rebounds? We need a inside game as we have none. And Hamilton is no 4 as he would get killed down low. He is a talent and love his game though. Just don't know if he is athletic enough to play in the league and be a good player. Adams I hope turns into what you all are saying about him. Some saying he is the second coming to Christ. By the end of the year yes I think they can be top 20 but winning a NC not happening with current roster sorry.

Reaction Score
You are one negative dude concerning our huskys. Your not bringing anything new to the table. Most of believe we will be good this year and understand that many things will have to come together for that to happen. We'll see but you walk under a dark cloud full of bad karma. Going thru this in a celabortory thread of getting a big time recruit just shows bad judgment. Let it go and move on blow.

Reaction Score
I respect what you say but our backcourt is not Nappier and Walker. Not even close to the caliber they were. We won 2 ships because they each played out of there minds. To even compare them to the backcourt of the ship teams is just baseless. And to say miller just needs to get a few rebounds? We need a inside game as we have none. And Hamilton is no 4 as he would get killed down low. He is a talent and love his game though. Just don't know if he is athletic enough to play in the league and be a good player. Adams I hope turns into what you all are saying about him. Some saying he is the second coming to Christ. By the end of the year yes I think they can be top 20 but winning a NC not happening with current roster sorry.

You don't have to believe everything is roses and cherries Glow I'm okay with that. But the negative spin on everything you touch leads me to believe you're not a happy dude. They are better than last year but agreed only on paper. But to be looking at the "what if they don'ts" rather than what could be is ridiculous.

They will rebound the ball better, there is no doubt about that. They will shoot the ball better and for a better percentage overall as a team, no doubt in my mind. Adams will be a great UConn guard but "will be" doesn't" always translate into this year now does it. Instead of saying crap like the "second coming of Christ" you should be pointing out the fact he gets to watch a seasoned veteran in Gibbs and learn as well as not having to be the man immediately. This should help him become comfortable and my conference play or so he may be something really special as just a part of the puzzle. That's what I see. I see a bench with him, Enoch, Facey, Calhoun, Cassell Jr all being pieces at some point of the season. This is potentially a pretty damn good team and with the kids he's bringing in next year along with Larrier who is here, UMass and Amherst MA ain't even on our map!

Reaction Score

...and I'm done, when I see the "nappier" get dropped by someone who's supposed to be a huge fan, I have to call it a day and pack it in.

I think this may be a record too, of posts on a thread without a single 'like', at least I assume. Maybe someone dropped an errant like early on in this Dark Abyss you've tumbled into

Reaction Score
@Gblow8690 = @JSM1970, aka the guy who didn't believe Draymond Green could play for any other team in the NBA besides GSW. Its gotta be the same person, same moronic posting style. Don't even bother wasting your time engaging with that dude.
Do you have a sixth sense for detecting trolls who've switched names?

Reaction Score
Just ignore him he's clearly a troll based on his user name alone (so called troll) playing the innocent victim card, anything response you give him he will dance around it.

Reaction Score
...and I'm done, when I see the "nappier" get dropped by someone who's supposed to be a huge fan, I have to call it a day and pack it in.

I think this may be a record too, of posts on a thread without a single 'like', at least I assume. Maybe someone dropped an errant like early on in this Dark Abyss you've tumbled into
Nappier and Boatwright, what a back court that was.

Either blow is a really bad speller or he's not really a UConn fan and is just on here to troll.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Nappier and Boatwright, what a back court that was.

Either blow is a really bad speller or he's not really a UConn fan and is just on here to troll.
He's a UConn fan. He watched last evenings UConn football game. No one outside of a dedicated UConn fan would do that. Although last nights game was promising but no way of knowing that going into the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom