PF/C Juwan Durham (Signed LOI on 11/11) | Page 17 | The Boneyard

PF/C Juwan Durham (Signed LOI on 11/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I'm in!

I live in Bristol so I'm at JTim's constantly - but I'm down for wherever.
Just visited & they have Gandhi Bot on draft. Liquid gold!

Gblow8690

The So Called Troll
Reaction Score
Some can't handle the truth. We are not a top 20 team to start the season. If you read other posts of mine you will know I am not a troll. Tell me what we bring back that makes us a top 20 team? And if you don't think the conference will hurt us eventually then your in denial sorry. The next few years will be critical or that ship will mean nothing with the kids your recruiting who were in 6th grade when we won it.

Reaction Score
Some can't handle the truth. We are not a top 20 team to start the season. If you read other posts of mine you will know I am not a troll. Tell me what we bring back that makes us a top 20 team? And if you don't think the conference will hurt us eventually then your in denial sorry. The next few years will be critical or that ship will mean nothing with the kids your recruiting who were in 6th grade when we won it.
You're a troll, if you don't know why people around here think we will be a top 20 team this season then you are not a UConn fan or just aren't paying attention.

Reaction Score
You clearly have no insight to how the recruiting process works

Reaction Score

Purvis, Hamilton, Brimah, plus plenty of depth and experience.

Plus, we have added Gibbs, Miller, and Adams. Where have you been?

There is no guarantee, but we should be a top 20 team.

Reaction Score
We're coming off an NIT year for us and a 2-bid year for the league and Ollie has added 6 guys since April. If there's ever a time when "the league should be dragging us down" it's right this second. The perception of the AAC literally can't get any lower than it is right now - and Ollie's still getting it done.

Reaction Score
Some people think UConn is a top 20 team to start the season.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/rankings/top25

The talent is definitely there to be a top 20 team. My only concern is the chemistry and how the team gels. They're bringing in a lot of new players who are expected to make big contributions and losing a player who did a lot. If everything works out well they definitely have the talent to be a top team.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Please list 20 teams on paper who are better than us, I need a good laugh....

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Exactly what I said. Winning a Championship will die if we can't make the tournament 50% of the time. The recruits just will stop coming if we don't make the tourney year after year. It's not like we're in a conference that top players are dying to play in. Get a clue long term my friend. We're not even a top 20 team right now. No guarantee to even make the tourney this year. Stop drinking the Kool Aid
I believe it was Will Rogers who first said "If you find yourself in a hole...stop digging."
Given your performance today, you might want to pass that shovel on up just to avoid the temptation.

diggingahole.jpg

Gblow8690

The So Called Troll
Reaction Score
Ok you guys are obviously immature. With our talent level we would have no chance being over 500 in league play in the Big Ten or Acc. We lost our best player and sorry Adams won't be as good as Boatwright this year. Enoch will not contribute at all this year. Brimah plays as hard as anyone in the country but still can't rebound or have any offensive moves and gets in foul trouble every game. But you can keep mocking me because that makes you feel better. I am giving my opinion but that's not possible with all you Kool Aid drinkers.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Ok you guys are obviously immature. With our talent level we would have no chance being over 500 in league play in the Big Ten or Acc. We lost our best player and sorry Adams won't be as good as Boatwright this year. Enoch will not contribute at all this year. Brimah plays as hard as anyone in the country but still can't rebound or have any offensive moves and gets in foul trouble every game. But you can keep mocking me because that makes you feel better. I am giving my opinion but that's not possible with all you Kool Aid drinkers.
You promise never to post again if we're ranked in the top 20 and make the tourney this year?

Reaction Score
@Gblow8690, I would argue with you about top 20, but it's beneath me and my team. When you want to discuss winning the NC I'll happily join in.

Gblow8690

The So Called Troll
Reaction Score
You promise never to post again if we're ranked in the top 20 and make the tourney this year?
I didn't say we wouldn't make the tourney did I? I said no way pre season where a top 20 team.

Gblow8690

The So Called Troll
Reaction Score
Please list 20 teams on paper who are better than us, I need a good laugh....
North Carolina
Kansas
Maryland
Oklahoma
Kentucky
Gonzaga
Duke
Iowa st
Indiana
Cal
Wichita st
Virginia