Djery Baptiste (Committed to Vanderbilt) | The Boneyard

Djery Baptiste (Committed to Vanderbilt)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Yesss.... I was just asking about this kid yesterday. He's an absolute animal!

UconnU

Reaction Score
Personally, I would rather have him than Koumadje. This kid also is 6'11" and already 245 with more room to fill out. He could become and absolute beast down low.
I feel the same way. One question though, do you know why his minutes on the circuit are so limited? I know he's raw offensively but you would think based on his size and athleticism alone he would see more time. Kids like this just don't come around that often.

Reaction Score
Anybody else but me think "Emeka Okafor" re-incarnated? He favors him a little, no?

Reaction Score
BTW, FWIW, for our system, this kid might be the best fit up front for us... I know we'd all love the highest level frontcourt players but with our system that's not necessarily the case.

Reaction Score
The late big man offers are interesting. It may hint that The chances of Stone going to UConn are minimal. I would guess that Baptiste would be a true 5 while Enoch would be a 4. I would be happy with the inside bulk from both.
My only other thought would be whether they look at Stone as a 1 and done and Baptiste as a project so they wouldn't really compete for PT.

Reaction Score
I feel the same way. One question though, do you know why his minutes on the circuit are so limited? I know he's raw offensively but you would think based on his size and athleticism alone he would see more time. Kids like this just don't come around that often.
Not sure. I'll see if I can find anything on that but it's kind of an awkward thing to ask about.

Reaction Score
He's at Wilbraham & Monson, which is the same prep school as Drummond. I wonder if that will work in our favor.

Also, while he has a long way to go skill-wise, his body and movement remind me a lot of Dale Davis.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He's at Wilbraham & Monson, which is the same prep school as Drummond. I wonder if that will work in our favor.

Also, while he has a long way to go skill-wise, his body and movement remind me a lot of Dale Davis.
Who?

Reaction Score
Drummond went to St. Thomas Moore

I think he was supposed to go to Wilbraham & Monson for a prep year before he committed to us in late August (which I remember jumping out of my friends' couch at Mansfield Apartments when I saw the ESPN bottomline)

UconnU

Reaction Score

I think a very poor man's Dwight Howard is a good comparison.

Reaction Score
Wow a real live Div. 1 C/PF all filled out and ready to go. Dunks don't impress me on these videos because we are only seeing a snippet but he looks like he has a decent touch and can finish. Baptiste could be that scoring big man for us. Sign him up!

Reaction Score
Baptiste's guardian:

@HoopSwag: @D1Circuit @jerrymeyer247 @ebosshoops @uconnhuskies excited about the offer from UCONN for Djery Baptiste. #hardworkpaysoff

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I should go watch him. I live a couple of blocks down the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom