Pettitte | The Boneyard

Pettitte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hate to say this about a Yankee but Pettitte was pretty amazing last night. He is 40, only topped the gun at 90MPH but his control and pitching plan was outstanding. He had most of the Sox hitters off balance the entire outing. He may not make it an entire season but last night he was impressive.

Reaction Score
I hate to say it too but he is one of the good ones. He and Jeter and Mariano have class. Now, if you want to go in the other direction, there is Arod.

Reaction Score
C.C. looked great against Verlander and the Tigers. Nice shutout!

Reaction Score
I hate to say it too but he is one of the good ones. He and Jeter and Mariano have class. Now, if you want to go in the other direction, there is Arod.

Pettitte is a cheater.

Reaction Score
Pettitte is a cheater.
I would agree that he did cheat but at least he was honest about it and for that he is an exception. I appreciate his honesty. How many of us can say that we never cheated?

Reaction Score
[

He did admit to it after he was caught by the Mitchell report but he dosen't consider himself a cheater. He hides behind the god card which I find offensive. I don't have any respect for the guy.
Then perhaps you should throw the first stone.

Reaction Score
You can call him classy if you if wish but I see nothing but BS.

Monday at a press conference from spring training, Andy Pettitte was asked by a reporter, “Considering it [HGH] is illegal, do you consider yourself a cheater?” Pettitte responded by saying,
From the bottom of my heart, I know why I did this. I didn’t do it to try to get an edge on anyone, I didn’t do it to try to get stronger, faster or to throw harder. I did it because I was told that it might be able to help me. That’s for other people to decide. If people think I’m lying then they should call me a cheater. Do I think I’m a cheater? I don’t. God knows my heart.​

it was to get off the DL it was an elbow injury

connectikev

RIP, Kev (3/4/2018)
Reaction Score
If he's a cheater you better stop watching baseball my friend because there's 25 of them on your roster then!!!

Kev,
He is, by current definition, a cheater. He admitted it. (as did a few others)
The statment that you came back with (25 others etc....) is either a poor attempt to justify AP's actions, or to throw up a weak defense that excuses him.

Regardless of how many cheaters there are (or are not) - I still follow baseball and I still cheer for my team. Sinkhole (God Bless them Rays Fans, both of 'em) simply stated a fact.

I do admit to feeling sad every time an Ortiz, or Arod, or Clemens or Pettite or Nomar or anyone is implicated becasue I know that this form of cheating is not only bad for the game - but it teaches a whole segment of the population that that is the only way to get ahead in the sport. Puts those doing their best honestly, at a disadvantage.....

Reaction Score
Kev,
He is, by current definition, a cheater. He admitted it. (as did a few others)
The statment that you came back with (25 others etc....) is either a poor attempt to justify AP's actions, or to throw up a weak defense that excuses him.

Regardless of how many cheaters there are (or are not) - I still follow baseball and I still cheer for my team. Sinkhole (God Bless them Rays Fans, both of 'em) simply stated a fact.

I do admit to feeling sad every time an Ortiz, or Arod, or Clemens or Pettite or Nomar or anyone is implicated becasue I know that this form of cheating is not only bad for the game - but it teaches a whole segment of the population that that is the only way to get ahead in the sport. Puts those doing their best honestly, at a disadvantage.....

You're as delirious as all of baseball fans kev........look at your new roster - Gomes and Napoli? Funny .......baseball is full of "cheaters" and you can throw out your "weak defense" crap all you want but baseball is not the same. There's some on EVERY roster like it or not so your reply means zero to me. To talk about one particular guy like sinkhole did is pure crap!

They catch Ben Braun (another Miami dude of course), blwo his case then he comes back with even a better year. You think they've figured it out at all? Andy's throwing 88 MPH, he's really juicing huh? Again, you're all delirious! LOL

connectikev

RIP, Kev (3/4/2018)
Reaction Score
You're as delirious as all of baseball fans kev........look at your new roster - Gomes and Napoli? Funny .......baseball is full of "cheaters" and you can throw out your "weak defense" crap all you want but baseball is not the same. There's some on EVERY roster like it or not so your reply means zero to me. To talk about one particular guy like sinkhole did is pure crap!

They catch Ben Braun (another Miami dude of course), blwo his case then he comes back with even a better year. You think they've figured it out at all? Andy's throwing 88 MPH, he's really juicing huh? Again, you're all delirious! LOL
I think we are in violent agreement here. I really just hate that every achievement from the recent past has to be viewed with an eye towards "enhancement likelihood" I get your point about singling out a specific player (but the thread is indeed about Andy) when it is no longer clear if anyone at that level (MLB) is really clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom