Pet the cute Huskies | The Boneyard

Pet the cute Huskies

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Forget the track meet comment. I thought this was Burt's best:

“The first five minutes of the game are going to determine an incredible amount,” Burt said. “They are going to try to dominate your soul for the first five minutes and break your soul. It is everything that we go and try to match their physicality from the very beginning, and that is what we plan to do.

“If you are composed and confident, every zoo is a petting zoo, when you think about it. What that means is that if we show great composure tomorrow and have great confidence, we'll see if we can ‘pet the Husky,' but I don't know if we will. You can't be cocky, and we are not that by any stretch, but you lose the game if you don't think that you can win.”

http://triblive.com/sports/college/duquesne/10176882-74/game-duquesne-round

Pardon me if this is reported elsewhere. I haven't seen it. He might want to pull that one back, don't you think?

Reaction Score
Please, DON'T pet the Huskies!

upload_2016-3-21_15-10-40.png

Reaction Score
I can't help but think that Geno and the team got a chuckle out of some of his (and their) comments.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I really enjoyed his press conference - he is a confident young coach with some interesting ideas - I suspect if we could dig up some of Geno's press conferences from say 1990 he would sound pretty similar.
I liked his comment of being able to curse and praise his players in many different languages - what an advantage in foreign recruiting.

He is doing exactly what Geno says he used to do when facing opponents who were better and more talented - he is laying out various plans for his team with the idea that if they do this, this, and this, then the opponent will be surprised and will not have an immediate answer and they can win.
Gene's comment continued that those days are long gone for him, and now he goes into games think 'what if they do this, this, and this - how can we answer' - the dreams of success against all odds transitioned into nightmares of failure while being overwhelming favorites.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Forget the track meet comment. I thought this was Burt's best:

“The first five minutes of the game are going to determine an incredible amount,” Burt said. “They are going to try to dominate your soul for the first five minutes and break your soul. It is everything that we go and try to match their physicality from the very beginning, and that is what we plan to do.

“If you are composed and confident, every zoo is a petting zoo, when you think about it. What that means is that if we show great composure tomorrow and have great confidence, we'll see if we can ‘pet the Husky,' but I don't know if we will. You can't be cocky, and we are not that by any stretch, but you lose the game if you don't think that you can win.”

http://triblive.com/sports/college/duquesne/10176882-74/game-duquesne-round

Pardon me if this is reported elsewhere. I haven't seen it. He might want to pull that one back, don't you think?
My wife looked at me with a straight face and asked me if he was on drugs. I liked the podcast he was on after beating Seton Hall better than his press conference.

Reaction Score
So he is going to be like that person who jumps the fence at the zoo to pet the tiger? They always think that if they are calm and confident they wont get hurt. Doesn't wok that way... Not with Huskies either! :p

HGN

Reaction Score
Coach Burt will testify that 'Cojo' is alive and well.

HGN

Reaction Score
Cujo? (Steven King's?)
Meyers , I Don't know if it was Steven King. About a ' big mean and vicious dog ' that had a family trapped........And certainly did not want to be petted.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Meyers , I Don't know if it was Steven King. About a ' big mean and vicious dog ' that had a family trapped...And certainly did not want to be petted.
Yep, Cujo. St. Bernard.

HGN

Reaction Score
Cujo? (Steven King's?)
Meyers , I Don't know if it was Steven King. About a ' big mean and vicious dog ' that had a family trapped........And certainly did not want to be petted.
Yep, Cujo. St. Bernard.
Yep , that's him. It was a St. Bernard now that you remind me. Had the people trapped at one time in a car. Yep , he didn't want to be petted either. Just like Geno's Huskies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Meyers , I Don't know if it was Steven King. About a ' big mean and vicious dog ' that had a family trapped...And certainly did not want to be petted.

Yep , that's him. It was a St. Bernard now that you remind me. Had the people trapped at one time in a car. Yep , he didn't want to be petted either. Just like Geno's Huskies.
Greatest action movie of all times! forgot that the kid had seizures
images

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Er, Cujo was rabid.

HGN

Reaction Score
Er, Cujo was rabid.
Nan , If you ask Robert Morris Univ. and Duquesne they may say that Geno's Huskies played like that were rabid too.....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom