perkins says he is commiting August 25th | The Boneyard

perkins says he is commiting August 25th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sounds like the visit will come in early August. I would just assume have our visit closer to his decision date.

Reaction Score

I would normally be worried he is going to committ to UCLA but they have a NBA quality PG ^ already committed in Zach Lavine who is going to be their main guy. He went to my HS and I know him personally, the kids an absolute freak of nature and Perkins won't start over him. If Perkins commits to UCLA he would have to feel absolutely sure that Lavine is a 1 and done. Which is actually a good gamble. If UK stays out, Gonzaga is also tough to compete with, but I think we got a good shot at Perkins, and we have superior opportunities for him.

Reaction Score
Would be a very thoughtful 2 year anniversary present for the new board if he were to commit here

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score

I would normally be worried he is going to committ to UCLA but they have a NBA quality PG ^ already committed in Zach Lavine who is going to be their main guy. He went to my HS and I know him personally, the kids an absolute freak of nature and Perkins won't start over him. If Perkins commits to UCLA he would have to feel absolutely sure that Lavine is a 1 and done. Which is actually a good gamble. If UK stays out, Gonzaga is also tough to compete with, but I think we got a good shot at Perkins, and we have superior opportunities for him.

I looked on the recruiting sites and they all list Zach Lavine as a SG and Josh as a PG, so the fate of Lavine may not play a role in Perkins' decision.

Reaction Score
I looked on the recruiting sites and they all list Zach Lavine as a SG and Josh as a PG, so the fate of Lavine may not play a role in Perkins' decision.

I can see some scouts and some coaches wanting Zach to play SG because he is almost 6'5". But he played PG in high school and can handle the roc better than most PG's in the country.

I know for a fact Zach like's to play a lot of PG, he may swing from 1 to 2 a little bit but he wants the ball in his hands every time down and rightfully so. Perkins can play there, but he would definitely be giving up time to Zach Lavine more than he would be giving up time to Samuel.

I think Samuel will be much better than ppl expect but he doesn't have the pure raw talent that a kid like Lavine has. Lavine is much more of a 1 guard than Purvis is and we are considering Purvis to play a little 1. Lavine is comparable to Russel Westbrook in terms of game style. Just taller and thinner. So Perkins can bring something to our table that we don't have. UCLA already has the 1 spot pretty covered but they can grab more obviously.

Reaction Score
Didn't Drummond also commit on August 25th? I like our chances!

Reaction Score
Kids are not allowed to make official visits in July, but they can come unofficially correct?

Reaction Score
Khadeen Carrington is one of the most underrated players in the class. I saw him put up 30+ against Facey's team last year. He's better than Jared Terrell I don't care what the rankings say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom