Per Jay Bilas... | The Boneyard

Per Jay Bilas...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"The championship is between KY, which is a #8 seed, but really a #4 seed, and Uconn, a #7 seed"...

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I like Bilas, but come on, man. We could have very comfortably been a 5 or 6. We were ranked 18 heading in to the tournament and Kentucky was unranked! To be fair, we were both mis-seeded and our runs through the tournament have proven that.

Reaction Score
I like Bilas, but come on, man. We could have very comfortably been a 5 or 6. We were ranked 18 heading in to the tournament and Kentucky was unranked! To be fair, we were both mis-seeded and our runs through the tournament have proven that.

I'm sorry but no, the tournament does not prove that UConn and Kentucky were mis-seeded. The goal of the committee is not to predict who will play the best five games and get to the finals. The goal of the committee is to seed teams based on their seasons.

They probably got Kentucky right. They underseeded us by one line, but that is not a big deal and happens for various reasons including geography and conference affiliation.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
You are right, BL. They have to evaluate the facts at the time. At the time I felt we warranted a 5, but hey, splitting hairs now. We play for it all tomorrow night and that's all that matters!

Reaction Score
I'm sorry but no, the tournament does not prove that UConn and Kentucky were mis-seeded. The goal of the committee is not to predict who will play the best five games and get to the finals. The goal of the committee is to seed teams based on their seasons.

They probably got Kentucky right. They underseeded us by one line, but that is not a big deal and happens for various reasons including geography and conference affiliation.

I'm sorry but you're wrong about UCONN. UCONN should have been higher than a 6 as well. Lunardi was talking about us being a 6 seed BEFORE we wiped off the court Memphis in Memphis AND beat Cinci AGAIN. Lousiville SHOULD have been higher than a 4-seed AND SMU SHOULD have been in the tourney. Our conference WAS disrepected as it may very well be AGAIN next year. UCONN should have been a 5 seed. We BEAT Fla in reg season- it was GARBAGE they didn't giive us much credit for that. If injuries counted so much why was BYU in there? I understand they had a few injuries.

The NCAA did a pathetic job with seeding. That region where Witchita Stae had - that was a complete joke.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Jay Bilas can suck my cock. He's a tool with no admission to fault ever which is ironic because he's the most opinionated out there about the NCAAs faults.

Reaction Score
This is why I think basketball is still the best college sports.. You have to play the games. It doesn't matter what paid off announcers or voters say like in college football, The most corrupt sport of all time. In basketball you get to prove you are the best. Where it matter most.

Reaction Score
One good thing about UConn not being a 5 seed, the 5 v 12 first round game is a known pitfall. This year, the 5 seed beat the 12 seed once (St. Louis over NC State) while Oklahoma, VCU, and Cincinnati all lost.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
One good thing about UConn not being a 5 seed, the 5 v 12 first round game is a known pitfall. This year, the 5 seed beat the 12 seed once (St. Louis over NC State) while Oklahoma, VCU, and Cincinnati all lost.
Moreover, that #2 Villanova was much better second round match-up than a #4 MSU or #3 ISU. Granted we got by both, but I think we were better served having them in MSG rather than Buffalo, or wherever the pod would have landed us.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
For me, it wasn't so much the fact that we got a 7 seed, it was the fact that Creighton, St. Louis, VCU, OSU, OU, Baylor, and UMass all apparently had better seasons than us.

But who cares, we're the ones still standing.

Reaction Score
The Committee - led by ACC execs - severely underapreciated the American. Our top 5 - I now think it's obvious - are amongst the finest 20 teams this year. Neither Syracuse or Florida would have gone unblemished playing UConn, Louisville, Memphis, Cincinnati, SMU twice this season. There was a reason Rutgers & the Florida schools were getting beat by 30-60 Pts. No AD likes that & that's why we have some new conference courses.

Reaction Score

That's faulty logic. A 12 over a 5 is a bigger upset that occurs with some regularity, but it's not more likely than a 10 over a 7.

The 12-5 upset occurs about 32% of the time. The 10-7 upset occurs about 38% of the time.

I would much rather be a 5-seed than a 7-seed every single time.

Reaction Score
It all broke great for us this year but it still doesn't take away fromt he fact it was a complete joke to put us a 7. And I like JBilas but to hear last night him implying we were okay as 7 seed simply because he just doesn't understand what we "are" is flat out WRONG.

Reaction Score
Jay Bilas can suck my rooster. He's a tool with no admission to fault ever which is ironic because he's the most opinionated out there about the NCAAs faults.
I totally disagree with everything you said. I don't agree with the his opinion of where UConn should have been seeded in this tournament but in general, he is a totally unbiased guy whose opinion I agree with the vast majority of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom