"People thought we fell behind, when they see us coming up, We were just lapping everyone." | The Boneyard

"People thought we fell behind, when they see us coming up, We were just lapping everyone."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I actually found the rest of the article a lot more interesting, Boat's comments in particular.

"It depends on what kind of personality you got, some of us he can curse at and he knows that we're going to respond," Boatright said. "Some people he knows if he does that, they're just going to hang their head, and that's not going to get them going. Coach Calhoun didn't care, he was cursing you out no matter if you could take or you couldn't take it."

I think this bodes well for us, and suggests there aren't going to be too many years under KO like 2010 or 2012, where Calhoun clearly lost the locker room and the team underachieved despite an abundance of talent.

Reaction Score
I actually found the rest of the article a lot more interesting, Boat's comments in particular.

"It depends on what kind of personality you got, some of us he can curse at and he knows that we're going to respond," Boatright said. "Some people he knows if he does that, they're just going to hang their head, and that's not going to get them going. Coach Calhoun didn't care, he was cursing you out no matter if you could take or you couldn't take it."

I think this bodes well for us, and suggests there aren't going to be too many years under KO like 2010 or 2012, where Calhoun clearly lost the locker room and the team underachieved despite an abundance of talent.

I agree, I just love that Ollie-ism and had to put it out there!

Reaction Score
did not like reading this part... poor choice in NFL team

"Their conversations are more likely to cover the Dallas Cowboys, Ollie's favorite football team"

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score

I'll agree with you that we underperformed in 2010 and 2012, but to say that Calhoun "lost the locker room" is just incorrect. He had injuries and suspensions that kept him sidelined. He had a lack of chemistry between some of the players, any maybe even between some of the players and himself, but I promise you that at no point did our Hall of Fame coach, Jim Calhoun, lose the locker room. Saying that he lost the locker room implies that there was a lack of leadership or respect or some of the players just said F-it, we're doing what we want regardless of what coach says. I wasn't in the locker room, but I'd be willing to bet my lunch money for the next few years that that didn't happen. Why? Because one of the many things Jim Calhoun's career and legacy say about him is that he wouldn't let it happen.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
We might have the best young couch in the country and it feels pretty good.
A good young couch does feel good, I'll tell ya. So does having the best young coach in the country! ;)

Reaction Score
I'll agree with you that we underperformed in 2010 and 2012, but to say that Calhoun "lost the locker room" is just incorrect. He had injuries and suspensions that kept him sidelined. He had a lack of chemistry between some of the players, any maybe even between some of the players and himself, but I promise you that at no point did our Hall of Fame coach, Jim Calhoun, lose the locker room. Saying that he lost the locker room implies that there was a lack of leadership or respect or some of the players just said F-it, we're doing what we want regardless of what coach says. I wasn't in the locker room, but I'd be willing to bet my lunch money for the next few years that that didn't happen. Why? Because one of the many things Jim Calhoun's career and legacy say about him is that he wouldn't let it happen.

The way those teams flamed the **** out down the stretch it certainly did look like a good number of them said F-it, so I don't know what other conclusion you're going to draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom