Penn St, Michigan, Ohio St ... yeah yeah yeah | The Boneyard

Penn St, Michigan, Ohio St ... yeah yeah yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My Banker friend is taking MY clients to Rutgers football. Box (no room for the wives thought!!!).

Look at that schedule ... and weep.

I would be totally thrilled if one of my neighbors won the $10m Lottery MegaMillions. But, this is different. And I feel the same way for BC. For Syracuse. This isn't a Lottery. This was ... supposedly ... but astute choice and merit. That Rutgers Athletic Department can't seem to get anything right. Yeah ... we SHOULD have a chip on our shoulder. Everything about UConn has been a upward climb over huge obstacles. This is just more of that. We deserve to have that lottery ticket. (on Meritocracy of a hugely successful institution)

pj

Reaction Score
Merit, in this case, is having a large state population. Rutgers has merit.

UConn has merit too. We'll be in the club sooner or later. Hopefully the same club Rutgers is in.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We should have built our houses closer together, Hoboken-style.

Obviously, in such matters, population trumps athletic success. Or, as the case may be, it'll even mask a fair amount of athletic incompetence.

Reaction Score
I'm not going to beat on Rutgers. We have all had to work for the bosses son or something similar. Life is not always logical or fair. You can only work on improving yourself which is 40,000/10,167/16,200along with brilliant athletic administration and an extreme sell job by Herbst. Show up in New Jersey and Yankee Stadium. waiting to jump on the bandwagon is the settling for the death sentence of the program. Unless you think 9 wins vs Central, Hofstra, etc is worthy of jumping on board

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Can we, as a fanbase, all take a pledge to not b1tch and moan about our local r1vals being in P5 conferences playing P5 schedules and, instead, worry about supporting UCONN athletics? We have 10K empty seats scheduled for Boise tomorrow and yet here we are complaining about Rutgers vs Penn State. Let's concentrate on filling the Rent first before we start/continue complaining.

Reaction Score
We should have built our houses closer together, Hoboken-style.

Obviously, in such matters, population trumps athletic success. Or, as the case may be, it'll even mask a fair amount of athletic incompetence.

I agree. I am aiming to do my part. Have the Shoreline from Greenwich to New Haven springing with Steel & Concrete 500 units a building. We will get to your Hoboken Connecticut like place.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
You know, I never really got worked up over RU as a "rival" and I can't get get mad about their hitting the lottery. It is what it is. It's not like they screwed us over other than by having a population density that rivals India. I am jealous over the schedule though.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You know, I never really got worked up over RU as a "rival" and I can't get get mad about their hitting the lottery. It is what it is. It's not like they screwed us over other than by having a population density that rival India. I am jealous over the schedule though.

Totally agree.

Reaction Score
You know, I never really got worked up over RU as a "rival" and I can't get get mad about their hitting the lottery. It is what it is. It's not like they screwed us over other than by having a population density that rivals India. I am jealous over the schedule though.
Connecticut is the 4th most densely populated state behind New Jersey, Rhode Island which is a close 2nd, and Massachusetts. We're ahead of New York and Maryland.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Connecticut is the 4th most densely populated state behind New Jersey, Rhode Island which is a close 2nd, and Massachusetts. We're ahead of New York and Maryland.
Do you have a link? I guess I can believe it. Middlesex is very densely populated as in Bergan, but the Pine Barrens, Hunterdon and a lot of South Jersey much less so. Still, I think that North Jersey has as much or more population than Connecticut as a whole.

Reaction Score
Do you have a link? I guess I can believe it. Middles e x is very densely populated as in Bergan, but the Pine Barrens, Hunterdon and a lot of South Jersey much less so. Still, I think that North Jersey has as much or more population than Connecticut as a whole.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_population_density

North Jersey has a population of more or less 6 million, depending on how you define North Jersey. We are pretty dense here in New Jersey, especially in the north, and the northeast, in particular. :cool:

Last edited:

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
North Jersey and South Jersey are two different animals altogether.

Up north are the main population bases: dense, NYC-centric, urban, industrial - the things most of us conjure up when we think of Jersey. But once you get past Exit 7A on the Turnpike, the vibe changes: open spaces, farmland, less people, Philly-centric. The folks in South Jersey don't like to be lumped in with the folks up north, and have a different accent, their own expressions and a totally unique attitude than their fellow northern residents.

In a nutshell: the folks up north will tell you 'I'm from Jersey'. The folks down south will tell you, 'I'm from South Jersey'...

Reaction Score

Up north are the main population bases: dense, NYC-centric, urban, industrial - the things most of us conjure up when we think of Jersey. But once you get past Exit 7A on the Turnpike, the vibe changes: open spaces, farmland, less people, Philly-centric. The folks in South Jersey don't like to be lumped in with the folks up north, and have a different accent, their own expressions and a totally unique attitude than their fellow northern residents.

In a nutshell: the folks up north will tell you 'I'm from Jersey'. The folks down south will tell you, 'I'm from South Jersey'...
I have in-laws in Cherry- Hill . They are Philly oriented .
At sports Authority it's all Eagles and Phillies. NY teams are hated.
Is their a no mans land like in Ct ,where it's close to 50 /50 NY and Boston.

Reaction Score

Those from South Jersey even have a name for us when we invade their territory, particularly during the summer...Bennies.

Me personally, I never say I'm from Jersey. I'll say New Jersey, or Northern New Jersey, or better yet, 15 minutes from the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom