Peace RANDY EDSALL | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Peace RANDY EDSALL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We had our chances. The 4th and 1 deep in OK territory when we handed off to Robbie Frye instead of a QB sneak by Frazer was a missed opportunity. So was the off-the-hands of Michael Smith pick 6 by OK.

You can't make this up. People who criticized play calling for years actually believe that the only reason they didn't like his play calling that night was because he was thinking about his next job.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
If there were true Karma, he'd be fired on the tarmac in Columbus and forced to find his own way home, while the team flew home without him.
Yeah, and then the team would call him on speaker phone from the plane to say their goodbyes. LOL

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Word outta Texas is that RE is gonna be PP's defensive assistant.
Hmmm?
10qj41f.png

Reaction Score
".......

Always liked Edsall when he was here, especially the way he handled the Jazz tragedy, although the way he left was harsh. Still, wishing him well wherever he goes from here.
Terps 247 Sports reports Edsall will be fired during the bye week

http://maryland. /Article/BREAKING-Maryland-to-Fire-Randy-Edsall-40044257
Translation: "We don't want our Interim/possible future HC to get thumped 60-7, so we'll leave that task up to our OUTGOING coach."

Reaction Score
I have to admit, I'm enjoying this thrashing... It's helping deflect all the Yankees getting knocked out in the playoffs early bashing I'm getting from Mets fans right now...

Reaction Score
You want to freak out? There is a better than insignificant chance that RE is a candidate to replace Disco if he leaves in the next couple years.

He'd be a better candidate than the random assistant we'd otherwise get. I think everyone would sign up for the 2007-2010 version of the huskies right now, even if a tougher schedule cost one or two wins per year.

I'm not too sure about that. Can UConn admin, players, and fans trust him at his word?

I can see the negative recruiting by other teams now " You think RE will be at UConn your entire career? He left on the midnight express once.....what makes you think he won't do it again the next time a dream job appears". UConn wouldn't even be able to entice RE's favorite "under the radar athlete"

Reaction Score
I still feel the same way about Randy as I did when he left. Yes, he should have flown home with the team. Outside of that, he's a good coach but was certainly replaceable. The fact that we did a +y job replacing him changes nothing.

Reaction Score
He'll land somewhere. It wouldn't surprise me if his old boss (O'Leary, who claims he's retiring after this season and is pushing to move to AD) hires him to take over at UCF.
Dream Job 2 ??

Reaction Score
He never struck me as a lifer - worked way too many hours. My guess is that he takes his $2.6 large from Maryland and heads into retirement with some sort of sweet consulting deal with Under Armor

Reaction Score
I still feel the same way about Randy as I did when he left. Yes, he should have flown home with the team. Outside of that, he's a good coach but was certainly replaceable. The fact that we did a +y job replacing him changes nothing.
I think he's a great option as a non-P5 coach for someone.

Reaction Score
I must respond here as I have personal experience with Randy Edsall I felt with him for five long years and went through several vattles with him over my sons career I won some and lost some that being said I think he was what uconn needed and we all must admit he did a great job
I do think the players loved him however when it came to the person of randy Edsall randy cared only about randy and his players mor so Randy
I had several run in s with him and frankly won some lost some
I think for the most part he had Dan s best internet at heart however when Dan became a bigger name than re it was a problem
I do wish him well

This posted after several glasses of wine

Reaction Score
I must respond here as I have personal experience with Randy Edsall I felt with him for five long years and went through several vattles with him over my sons career I won some and lost some that being said I think he was what uconn needed and we all must admit he did a great job
I do think the players loved him however when it came to the person of randy Edsall randy cared only about randy and his players mor so Randy
I think for the most part he had Dan s best internet at heart however when Dan became a bigger name than re it was a problem
I do wish him well

My guess is that Dan would run through a wall for Randy.

Reaction Score
ESPN just reported it over the airways. He'll land on his feet

Reaction Score
Joe SchadVerified account ‏@schadjoe 14m14 minutes ago
Decision that Randy Edsall will be out has been made, as InsideMDSports and Yahoo! also reported earlier. Discussions now about how/when.

Reaction Score
Nostical said:
That will never happen. We have the capacity to build this program to great heights. And we will be just fine in conference realignment when all the dust settles.
But that's not the point, the point is I'd rather be backing this UConn Husky Football program than any other. It's got the most upside from every perspective: fan support, on-field success, stadium upgrades, recruiting, TV exposure, and P-5 conference value. We're on the road to glory. And it's just been repaved.

Coach Diaco?

Reaction Score
I do wish him well

Post again. A little more clarity would be appreciated.

Reaction Score
Randy EdsallVerified account ‏@RandyEdsall 10m10 minutes ago
"Worrying is stupid. It's like walking around with an umbrella waiting for it to rain."- Wiz Khalifa

Reaction Score
He did great things here
He left like a true coward
Happy to see him humbled a bit
Will always love him for building our program

He ends up in the NFL as a position coach before returning to the college game.

Or...he shocks the world, his guys rally around him, and he beats Ohio St. Can't fire him after that.

Reaction Score
Those who have been around long enough need no clarification.
I know who he and his son were, but it sounds like ..... eh I won't speculate. Peace out Randy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom