Pasqualoni to Texans as DL Coach | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Pasqualoni to Texans as DL Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Dan come on. His last few teams at Syracuse sucked. He floated around the NFL as a coordinator with bad units. He stunk to holy hell at UConn. He got blown out with yet another staff and somehow ended up with a job as a position coach.

The defense was pretty good his first two years with players that were already here.

There isn't any gray here. He ran the program into the ground. That the players rose up to beat Maryland before losing to WMU is great and all but it happened in spite of him.

Again, you fail to understand what I wrote.

Nobody is arguing against the fact that he was a poor head coach. Even with his last few teams at Syracuse. Yes, as a head coach, he sucked.

What does that have to do with him being a positions coach??? The answer is, "Very little." And what little it had to do with him as a positions coach should be reflected both by the hire he made at DC and by the way that our defense performed as a whole throughout his years here. We sent far more people on the defensive side of the ball to the NFL than the offensive side during his years. I don't care who recruited them. They all improved. Each and every one of the players I mentioned improved (oh, and by the way, Smallwood was his recruit).

So in summary: poor head coach, good defensive guy...

EDIT: Smallwood was still Edsall's recruit, but played the majority of his career for PP.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Nobody is arguing against the fact that he was a poor head coach. Even with his last few teams at Syracuse. Yes, as a head coach, he sucked.

What does that have to do with him being a positions coach??? The answer is, "Very little." And what little it had to do with him as a positions coach should be reflected both by the hire he made at DC and by the way that our defense performed as a whole throughout his years here. We sent far more people on the defensive side of the ball to the NFL than the offensive side during his years. I don't care who recruited them. They all improved. Each and every one of the players I mentioned improved (oh, and by the way, Smallwood was his recruit).

So in summary: poor head coach, good defensive guy...

Maybe you should read what I wrote then. I made a joke about him ruining Watt. I understand he's probably a decent NFL position coach at this point.

There is no gray about his ability to recruit and coach an FBS team. His reign yeilded a 2-10 team with no all conference players.

You want to give Paul Pasqualoni credit for coaching guys like Kendall Reyes? Knock yourself out - they were good before he got to UConn. I look forward to the list of NFL players that started with him.

Reaction Score
Sure he was a bad choice for a HC here at UConn, but I'm passed that now and really hope he has success in Houston.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Maybe you should read what I wrote then. I made a joke about him ruining Watt. I understand he's probably a decent NFL position coach at this point.

There is no gray about his ability to recruit and coach an FBS team. His reign yeilded a 2-10 team with no all conference players.

You want to give Paul Pasqualoni credit for coaching guys like Kendall Reyes? Knock yourself out - they were good before he got to UConn. I look forward to the list of NFL players that started with him.

My comment had nothing to do with your post about JJ Watt. It had to do with the rest of the comments in the thread.

And yes, I will give PP credit for coaching guys like Reyes. Even though he only had a year with him, he definitely boosted his stock with a first team All-Big East selection and a great Senior Bowl performance. I can't give that year's credit to Edsall because he wasn't here.

As for the list of NFL players that were recruited by PP, it's going to be a short one. But mostly because he only had 2 recruiting classes and 3 players from the 2011 class with a couple of players from the 2014 class. If Campenni makes it, he will be a PP guy. Maybe a Melifonwu? Maybe a Jhavon Williams? Maybe a Mike Myers? Maybe even an Arkeel Newsome. In 2 years, we'll revisit that. I'll keep you posted...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
My comment had nothing to do with your post about JJ Watt. It had to do with the rest of the comments in the thread.

And yes, I will give PP credit for coaching guys like Reyes. Even though he only had a year with him, he definitely boosted his stock with a first team All-Big East selection and a great Senior Bowl performance. I can't give that year's credit to Edsall because he wasn't here.

As for the list of NFL players that were recruited by PP, it's going to be a short one. But mostly because he only had 2 recruiting classes and 3 players from the 2011 class with a couple of players from the 2014 class. If Campenni makes it, he will be a PP guy. Maybe a Melifonwu? Maybe a Jhavon Williams? Maybe a Mike Myers? Maybe even an Arkeel Newsome. In 2 years, we'll revisit that. I'll keep you posted...

Please do, I'd love to hear how P impacted Newsome.

If only P had more classes? It's quite a team he put together this year.

Smallwood both got worse over his career and stupidly left early. That was some solid coaching.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score

Smallwood both got worse over his career and stupidly left early. That was some solid coaching.

So which is it? The classes he's coached? Or the classes he's recruited?

You can't have it both ways. If it's the classes he's coached, I've already given you the list of players. If it's the classes he's recruited, we don't know yet. So pick one to argue with and stick with it...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score

By the way, I've missed these little bouts of ours! Agreeing with you 98% of the time was getting boring lately... :D

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

You can't have it both ways. If it's the classes he's coached, I've already given you the list of players. If it's the classes he's recruited, we don't know yet. So pick one to argue with and stick with it...

I give him very little credit for coaching players that were very good before he got to UConn. That someone played better as a senior than a sophomore isn't shocking.

If there was any talent in the classes he recruited he did nothing with it. 2-10 in the AAC with his players. If one or two make it to the NFL that's good and all but it's an embarrasing amount for an FBS program.

Reaction Score
I can't be polite and wish the guy well. He was a disastrous cancer that caused incalculable damage to UConn football. His loyalty to GDL was greater than his loyalty to UConn, and that makes him one bad dude in my book.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Considering this board loves to rave about the D-line...that success can directly be attributed to PP. Facts are facts. After speaking with many of the players of the D-line mentioned on this board they explicitly mentioned PP spending time with them during practice helping them with hand techniques and foot work.

Reaction Score
Considering this board loves to rave about the D-line...that success can directly be attributed to PP. Facts are facts. After speaking with many of the players of the D-line mentioned on this board they explicitly mentioned PP spending time with them during practice helping them with hand techniques and foot work.
Even though you have first hand source you will never convince whaler. He is still stuck on Edsall. Edsall could fart wet burritos in the produce isle of a grocery store and he would be convinced Edsall sold five pounds of bananas

Reaction Score
BlueDogs said:
I can't be polite and wish the guy well. He was a disastrous cancer that caused incalculable damage to UConn football. His loyalty to GDL was greater than his loyalty to UConn, and that makes him one bad dude in my book.

He did a terrible job. But I can't wish ill will on anyone that put in an effort. He didn't sign is own checks.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Even though you have first hand source you will never convince whaler. He is still stuck on Edsall. Edsall could fart wet burritos in the produce isle of a grocery store and he would be convinced Edsall sold five pounds of bananas

The less you agree with me on any topic the more convinced I am that I'm right. So that post isn't all that hurtful.

Reaction Score

Dan I expect this nonsense from guys like SRQ and weyuo. Let me simplify this for you.

NOTHING P DID HERE WAS GOOD. YES, IT'S THAT BLACK AND WHITE, CUT AND DRY.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Dan I expect this nonsense from guys like SRQ and weyuo. Let me simplify this for you.

you should assign him to write that 1000 times on the chalkboard.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score

I'm not sure that I'm following what you're saying...

Reaction Score

What an informative post.

Reaction Score
I so agree with this post, I feel like he charged me a few million dollars to burn my house down. I hope he gets the plague.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

Nah, Dan, that's his whole gig. He's the strawman king. Kind of not worth the effort trying to bring him back to the point. Some people want to discuss an issue, some just want to bicker. I avoid the latter.

Regarding P. He's the nuclear bomb of college coaches. Here and at Syracuse he did devastating damage and left a toxic mess behind.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Regarding P. He's the nuclear bomb of college coaches. Here and at Syracuse he did devastating damage and left a toxic mess behind.

I keep having the thought in the back of my head, "What if PP left Moorhead as the OC when he got here, and never brought GDL?" Maybe we could have scored more than 12 points in a friggin' game. Maybe Foley would have continued to produce 1,200 yard rushers. Maybe we would still have been "penned in" to the ACC. It's the type of thought that keeps me up at night...

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I keep having the thought in the back of my head, "What if PP left Moorhead as the OC when he got here, and never brought GDL?" Maybe we could have scored more than 12 points in a friggin' game. Maybe Foley would have continued to produce 1,200 yard rushers. Maybe we would still have been "penned in" to the ACC. It's the type of thought that keeps me up at night...
...but he didn't and instead we were left with a program that finished last year with 20 open scholarships. It's like making the jump to 1A all over again, but Orlovsky isn't coming out of the tunnel.

Reaction Score

Dan. Dan. DAN!!!!!! Stop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger