Pascal Chukwu | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Pascal Chukwu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Crazy to think about, but he can transform from "underwhelming project" to "the next Joel Embiid" overnight if he commits to KU.
You are right, that is crazy. Lets not get ahead of ourselves. For one, it won't be overnight. Per transfer rules, it will take 2 years minimum.

Reaction Score
I've been following this and sorry if I missed it but does anybody know if we've even reached out to him?

Reaction Score
Anyone know if we could be restricted from getting Chukwu? People on the Providence board are saying that they should restrict him from coming here. They are super salty but are they even allowed to place such a restriction on him?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Anyone know if we could be restricted from getting Chukwu? People on the Providence board are saying that they should restrict him from coming here. They are super salty but are they even allowed to place such a restriction on him?

If it were up to them, no recruit whatsoever (HS, JUCO, transfer) would be allowed to attend UCONN.

caw

Reaction Score

They can restrict him from any school they want. Usually schools only restrict to protect themselves for future schedules or if the school feels tampering was involved. With no basis for either it would really be a bad look if they restricted him from UConn and would kill them in recruiting even more. That said Has anyone heard a word about UConn reaching out?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Cooley and PC could restrict him from any schools they wish, as far as I know, but doing so would go against the supposedly awesome guy reputation Cooley enjoys.

Reaction Score
Crazy to think about, but he can transform from "underwhelming project" to "the next Joel Embiid" overnight if he commits to KU.
I forgot about that kid. Did,he do anything in the league this past year?

Reaction Score
I forgot about that kid. Did,he do anything in the league this past year?
He tweeted a lot. He was out all season hurt and technically next season will be his official "rookie" year, kind of like Blake Griffin in 2010-2011.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
As a student of biology, its amazing how closely Boneyard threads resemble a cancerous lesion metaphorically. The thread (cell) starts off normal and on topic, then a single inflammatory post will result in the thread going off the rails (cell transformation) and becomes uncontrollable. Now I realize this post itself is only adding to the irrelevant thread cancer.

Reaction Score
As a student of biology, its amazing how closely Boneyard threads resemble a cancerous lesion metaphorically. The thread (cell) starts off normal and on topic, then a single inflammatory post will result in the thread going off the rails (cell transformation) and becomes uncontrollable. Now I realize this post itself is only adding to the irrelevant thread cancer.

NERD ALERT

Reaction Score
Hearing from someone I consider a good source at Providence. Chukwu kept his feelings from their staff and teammates. Teammates as stunned as Cooley. Kid has a huge ego. Wants to be at a program where everything will revolve around him. Fancies himself to be the next Wilt Chamberlain.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Hearing from someone I consider a good source at Providence. Chukwu kept his feelings from their staff and teammates. Teammates as stunned as Cooley.
This could well be true.

Kid has a huge ego. Wants to be at a program where everything will revolve around him. Fancies himself to be the next Wilt Chamberlain.
Don't take this the wrong way but considering the assessment, there is no way in hell your source knows anything about this kid (aside from his height).

Reaction Score
Hearing from someone I consider a good source at Providence. Chukwu kept his feelings from their staff and teammates. Teammates as stunned as Cooley. Kid has a huge ego. Wants to be at a program where everything will revolve around him. Fancies himself to be the next Wilt Chamberlain.
I have never met Paschal, but I highly doubt he will get with 20,000 women.

Reaction Score
Probably doesn't even know the name Wilt Chamberlain, but don't we all aspire to be Wilt

Reaction Score
“The Chukwu thing, I was blown away by. I didn’t know he was unhappy,” coach Cooley told the Providence Journal. “It was a total shocker. It blew me completely out of the water.”

Providence coach Cooley was quite candid in discussing with the Providence Journal the issues of so many players transferring recently.

“Any kid, when they’re unhappy with anything, they think there’s a quick fix somewhere else. I call them the ‘microwave generation.’ It’s the age of instant gratification. Not many kids want to persevere if they don’t get what they want right away. The ones who do become like LaDontae Henton (one of Providence’s all-time leading scorers who progressed yearly at the school).”

Reaction Score

If he had a huge ego, then they probably wouldn't have been caught by surprise.

Most likely, the kid's just an introvert.

Reaction Score
If it were up to them, no recruit whatsoever (HS, JUCO, transfer) would be allowed to attend UCONN.

Remember when Calhoun used to send them players, like Austin Croshere? Shows what the difference in the 2 programs is. UConn sends stud players their way, and PC prohibits them from coming.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I think it is more self directed mutagenesis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom