Party at the Point

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
image.jpg

Reaction Score
I received an email invite so it includes more than Fairfield/New York alum.

The UConn Fairfield Alumni Network invites all Fairfield County and New York-area alumni and friends to join us for a night of food & music amongst good friends including UConn Football Head Coach, Bob Diaco!

Here’s your chance to talk X’s and O’s with Coach while enjoying scenic views from Stamford’s premier gastro-pub and rooftop bar! This FREE event offers registered guests complimentary appetizers and beverages, including two drinks at the bar (beer and house wine). Drink specials will also be available. Throughout the night, guests will have the opportunity to talk with Coach and some lucky guests will take home prizes like VIP tickets to a game, team-gear and more! What are you waiting for? Space is limited so sign-up today!

Should you have any questions, please contact Kristie Gomez, Events Coordinator, via email or at 860.486.2240.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Was just in the area yesterday. Great location for an event like this.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
So who's going?

I'm in with a few friends and some co-workers.

Reaction Score
Can't go (no way to make it to Stamford from north Jersey at 6 PM on a weeknight after work); but, I am glad to see both the UConn Foundation/Alumni and UConn athletics reaching out like this. Went to a Foundation even (non athletic) the Standard in NYC (the hotel in the Hi Line) and it was a good.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I'm in. Potential guest, too. See you all there!

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Will be making the journey from the office in Windsor.

Reaction Score
Just finished. Awesome turn out- loaded with tons of uconn alum. right on the water- beatiful views, 2 free drinks and apps. Coach did a great job of moving around and introducing himself to everyone there. (Noel Thomas' dad was there too). met tons of uconn die hards that are buying into coach and the football program. had a great conversation with Andru Crieightom (bright young young who works for coach). Tons of prizes- oh ya- I ended up winning the grand prize too!

Reaction Score
Which was...?!
4 box tickets to any home game and coach Diacos parking spot. I think it's pre- game on field passes too. I chose the alumni game. And best part was that I get to meet Kerith Burke. smoke show

Reaction Score
4 box tickets to any home game and coach Diacos parking spot. I think it's pre- game on field passes too. I chose the alumni game. And best part was that I get to meet Kerith Burke. smoke show
I've been sayin Kerith is a babe for a while on the hoops board. No one seems to agree.

Reaction Score
What an awesome night last night.

God Bob looked like freaking Don Draper.

Me and my boy UconnTrumbull were all over those buffalo chicken Tacos.

But seriously, great night, great turnout and such a cool bar.

Reaction Score
Indeed, a fun and informative evening. I live in Norwalk too and had a chance to catch up with Noel Sr a bit...good guy and he is (rightfully) very proud of his son. I liked Diaco's challenge on the fight song and how he would like to see that type of energy and passion from us as well as the students on campus. Good crowd and a nice venue...

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Those meat filled pastries were rather delightful as well.

Reaction Score
For those of us not able to make it and starved for headlines, anyone care to give a full recap? Anyone ask & get an answer to interesting questions? what is this fight song challenge you speak of, etc.?

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
For those of us not able to make it and starved for headlines, anyone care to give a full recap? Anyone ask & get an answer to interesting questions? what is this fight song challenge you speak of, etc.?

Not a ton of substance, in all honesty. It ended up, and was meant to be, a fun event.

The fight song challenge was pretty simple - he challenged the collective group to learn the fight song. He backed it up by saying he knows every word to Iowa's, and when directly challenged by a football alumnus, started singing it. :) Andru Creighton had fight song lyrics cards to give out, at the ready.

Seriously - for all of you. Learn the damn song. If you're too stupid to learn it, just clap in rythym to it. Just doing that will make a notable difference in the apathy level at games.

Reaction Score
Koonz just whined about it and the Civil Conflict in the CT Post today so, enjoy that great read fellas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom