Parking / traffic observations | The Boneyard

Parking / traffic observations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
One of the mildly annoying things about Opening Day at the Rent is how the parking team annually decides to re-invent the wheel. As East of the River blue-lot parker who gets to Rent heading west on Silver Lane, two observations: 1: It was absolutely maddening to see the unnecessary bottleneck where blue lot parkers spin off (turn No. 2 after entering lot). For some reason it was funneled down to 1 lane of traffic when there could have been two or three (one line for blue, 1-2 for red/others). That was the reason for the longer-than-needed backup on Silver Lane. 2: the new edict to park diagonally instead of straight in. I'm sure there's a good reason for it (although i can't figure out why). But it would have been nice to know that was the plan ahead of time. There's nothing worse than having a 20-year-old who's probably never been to the Rent before look at you like you're an idiot when you've been coming to the place for 10 years.
OK, rant over. I get that Thursday night before labor day weekend rush hour traffic is doing to stink but it just seemed there were some self-inflicted land mines. Getting out after final whistle sounded did go relatively smoothly. Just hope no more curveballs rest of year.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who never has traffic problems getting into and out of the Rent?

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who never has traffic problems getting into and out of the Rent?

No your not. There are about 20k that don't have any issues either. They come late and leave early.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
No your not. There are about 20k that don't have any issues either. They come late and leave early.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Eh, I'm usually into the lot around the time it opens and usually out about 45 minutes after the final whistle. Never, ever have a problem.

Reaction Score
One of the mildly annoying things about Opening Day at the Rent is how the parking team annually decides to re-invent the wheel. As East of the River blue-lot parker who gets to Rent heading west on Silver Lane, two observations: 1: It was absolutely maddening to see the unnecessary bottleneck where blue lot parkers spin off (turn No. 2 after entering lot). For some reason it was funneled down to 1 lane of traffic when there could have been two or three (one line for blue, 1-2 for red/others). That was the reason for the longer-than-needed backup on Silver Lane. 2: the new edict to park diagonally instead of straight in. I'm sure there's a good reason for it (although i can't figure out why). But it would have been nice to know that was the plan ahead of time. There's nothing worse than having a 20-year-old who's probably never been to the Rent before look at you like you're an idiot when you've been coming to the place for 10 years.

OK, rant over. I get that Thursday night before labor day weekend rush hour traffic is doing to stink but it just seemed there were some self-inflicted land mines. Getting out after final whistle sounded did go relatively smoothly. Just hope no more curveballs rest of year.

?? diagonal parking ?? Wow... didn't happen in the blue lot I was in (first one on right coming in from the west). It does amaze me that folks can't figure out before hand that sometimes you need to back into a space if you want to tailgate!

Reaction Score
I arrived at 7:10. Terrible backup on silver lane. And then when I got in blue lot was full and they made me park back by the student busses and the RVs. Wtf?

Reaction Score
I hate how they eliminated one of the gray lots that i always parked in last year because it was a little closer to the stadium and easier for people to find me. Turns out thats where they are building the hotel, but they haven't started construction yet. Overall not a bad deal getting in and out.

Reaction Score
?? diagonal parking ?? Wow... didn't happen in the blue lot I was in (first one on right coming in from the west). It does amaze me that folks can't figure out before hand that sometimes you need to back into a space if you want to tailgate!

I parked in blue (lot 8). the front part of the lot was parked at right angles, but the back part of the lot was parked diagonally. Go figure.

Reaction Score
I think they use game one to test out alternate ideas....at least that is the only spin i can put on it. They screwed up Gray Lot...again, but it only took me about 5 minutes to exit after the game.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I saw they opened up the street directly across from the Silver Lane entrance for access to the other highways. Finally!

Reaction Score
Some of the parking staff is clueless, as usual. As I pulled up to the cutoff to go to the handicapped spaces I pointed to my sticker. The guy kept directing me to outer bumf**k and telling me to make a left turn, meaning I'd have to walk a ton to get to the stadium and be out in the wilderness. I can do it but it's not comfortable. I defied him and took a right and parked in a handicapped spot next to the stadium as I always do--plenty available at 530pm. What kind of parking employee doesn't know the location of handicapped spaces OR even recognize a handicapped sticker? Some of the help would have trouble with a set of blocks for a three year old, others are quite OK.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
I come very early and stay late and i never have had a problem in 10 years. More people should try it.

Every game I've been to at the Rent (maybe 10 or so games) this was the deal. Get there about 3 hours early to tailgate and wait to leave after the game and have never had an issue. Get right on and off 84. When 20,000 people are trying to leave, it will be congested. No way around it. Every team's message boards have this same conversation all over the country.

Reaction Score
I think they will work out the spacing and flow issues soon, it's the first game. The thing that i was happy w/ was the fact that they let us hang out a while after the game and didn't run you out the second you got to your car. We got to fire up the grill for a second round, it was awesome! Last year they were d'bags about night games, made u leave the second the game ended.

Reaction Score

Nope... Coming from Greater New Haven area - 15 to 91 to 2 to Silver Lane. Pretty much a Cakewalk every week (except for the stupid paving pattern on 15 south going home last night). We are blessed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom