Paige and Nika are like fine art | The Boneyard

Paige and Nika are like fine art

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
A piece of art or a piece of work? :D

64A494E1-84FC-46CD-B8F8-32AA755979C3.jpeg

Reaction Score
Glad you mentioned "art." I was struck by Paige's ability not only to get the job done, but to do it with elegance. She is positively balletic in her movements. Others are effective while appearing awkward, but our Buckets is both effective and beautiful. We gasp twice: once when the shot is scored and before that at the seemingly impossible manner in which it is accomplished. Double/double with a double gasp.

Reaction Score
Glad you mentioned "art." I was struck by Paige's ability not only to get the job done, but to do it with elegance. She is positively balletic in her movements. Others are effective while appearing awkward, but our Buckets is both effective and beautiful. We gasp twice: once when the shot is scored and before that at the seemingly impossible manner in which it is accomplished. Double/double with a double gasp.
To your point, I would encourage everyone to listen to the Syracuse coach’s post game interview where she discussed Paige.

Reaction Score
Geno used the reference to a jazz quartet when thinking of basketball offense. Each one has a part to play and when they do it well the music just flows.

When Paige is on the floor I don't think of a jazz quartet. instead, it's like a ballet because she transforms herself into what looks like the "prima ballerina assoluta" of women's basketball by her ease of anticipating defenses and offense, floating in and around multiple defensive players to spots where she can drive, shoot or pass to an open teammate. It's truly a work of basketball precision from years of an absolute devotion to honing of her craft that we all are fortunate to have at UConn.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I'm going to miss not seeing the Slime Sisters +1, or as some have stated the "Three Musketeers", together next season. I hope that both Aaliyah and Nika prosper in their next steps in life. Be it in basketball or whatever they choose to do. They will be missed, just praying that they can go out with #12.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Geno used the reference to a jazz quartet when thinking of basketball offense. Each one has a part to play and when they do it well the music just flows.
There is recorded evidence of what happens when the jazz combo isn't entirely together. There's a recording of Thelonius Monk's Well You Needn't in which Monk is cheesed off at the soloist. Monk feeds the soloist chords that are either in the wrong key or the wrong time, and puts all speculation to rest when he starts playing Pop goes the Weasel during the solo. Unfortunately I can't remember whether it was Miles Davis during those sessions when they supposedly got into a fistfight or John Coltrane when he was nodding off and missed coming in by several measures and you could hear Monk in the background shouting "Coltrane! Coltrane!". ;)

Reaction Score
There is recorded evidence of what happens when the jazz combo isn't entirely together. There's a recording of Thelonius Monk's Well You Needn't in which Monk is cheesed off at the soloist. Monk feeds the soloist chords that are either in the wrong key or the wrong time, and puts all speculation to rest when he starts playing Pop goes the Weasel during the solo. Unfortunately I can't remember whether it was Miles Davis during those sessions when they supposedly got into a fistfight or John Coltrane when he was nodding off and missed coming in by several measures and you could hear Monk in the background shouting "Coltrane! Coltrane!". ;)
For a short bit, I hung with a bunch of collectors of Bird's outtakes. Hundreds of them. One of them made the anathema comment..."I guess he didn't get many right..." But to continue the analogy, I'll say Paige is like Sonny Rollins: supremely lyrical, with the ability to improvise for long phrases until everything ends up perfectly.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I don't know if I would have the gonads to get up in Nika's grill like that.
If you did, you just might walk away with some swollen gonads!:eek:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom