Paging KTuck... New QB Transfer Candidate | The Boneyard

Paging KTuck... New QB Transfer Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
BruceFeldmanCFB 1:21pm via Twitter Web Client
Everett Golson informed Brian Kelly Thursday AM that he is transferring out of #NotreDame, source told @FOXSports.

BruceFeldmanCFB 1:29pm via Twitter Web Client
Everett Golson just took his last final and is set to graduate from#NotreDame. The graduate transfer QB will be eligible in 2015.

BruceFeldmanCFB 1:35pm via Twitter Web Client
BREAKING Everett Golson's statement to @FOXSports talking about his transfer from #NotreDame:
http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...rring-brain-kelly-graduate-eligibility-050715

@ktuck911 - Sorry, couldn't resist dude ;):D;)

Reaction Score
Wouldn't be the first Notre Dame QB to transfer to UCONN, but would be the first senior QB to transfer to UCONN from Notre Dame. The last one worked out pretty well though. Won a lot of games with that guy at QB.

Paging Coach Booby. Coach Booby - line 1 for Mr. Kelly.

Reaction Score
CEa66OZWIAAlYI_.jpg

Reaction Score
Would be a dream come true..... but he ain't coming here.

You don't really know the answer to any question if you don't ask. landing a college post grad senior for a year with the playing experience like this guy has to go with our current QB situation? Nice dream.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I would think Diaco would/should at least try to get him interested in coming here for his grad year... right?? I think we all know he's not truly 100% satisfied with his QB options right now.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't be the first Notre Dame QB to transfer to UCONN, but would be the first senior QB to transfer to UCONN from Notre Dame. The last one worked out pretty well though. Won a lot of games with that guy at QB.

Paging Coach Booby. Coach Booby - line 1 for Mr. Kelly.
heck yeah...

Reaction Score
According to the article link I posted... 24 schools have inquired about him... would be pretty tough to get him here...

Reaction Score
ktuck911 said:
According to the article link I posted... 24 schools have inquired about him... would be pretty tough to get him here...

Wait, you don't think he wouldnt choose UCONN over LSU?

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
This should be interesting. He isn't Russell Wilson level good as a transfer. I don't think he is good enough to go to a top program and get more then a 50 percent shot at starting. He has one year....does he roll the dice? If I am a top school....do I want to complicate my team chemistry by bringing in a one year decent QB?

I don't think its a good fit for Golson or a big program. If he comes to UConn he has a 90 percent chance to start and would be welcomed by the team. Golson has had the big program experience and now he needs a high probability of playing time.

Sounds like UConn is the right fit to me.

Reaction Score
Couldn't get on the board for a minute... For some reason this board "shorts" out from time to time (at my job) it seems...

yes, I saw this... http://notredame. /Article/BREAKING-Golson-Transferring-ESPN-Reports-37160719

To Dan's comment about him being a turnover machine... He wasn't any worse than us... As an offensive unit last year, we were a 3and out/TurnOver machine...

"He wasn't any worse than us.."

Please tell me that's not the new Transfer Evaluation Standard.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
This should be interesting. He isn't Russell Wilson level good as a transfer. I don't think he is good enough to go to a top program and get more then a 50 percent shot at starting. He has one year....does he roll the dice? If I am a top school....do I want to complicate my team chemistry by bringing in a one year decent QB?

I don't think its a good fit for Golson or a big program. If he comes to UConn he has a 90 percent chance to start and would be welcomed by the team. Golson has had the big program experience and now he needs a high probability of playing time.

Sounds like UConn is the right fit to me.

Even if that's true, it's not like his choices are either Ohio State, or UConn. There's a lot in between and I'm sure there's some options out there where he would start but would also have a better team around him.

Reaction Score
I think someone needs to volunteer to go hang out the car wash.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Even if that's true, it's not like his choices are either Ohio State, or UConn. There's a lot in between and I'm sure there's some options out there where he would start but would also have a better team around him.

I agree. I was just trying to talk myself into it being possible

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
How is he eligible to play this fall without sitting out 1 year?

Reaction Score
Wahoos24711:33am via Twitter for iPad
BREAKING: Greyson Lambert granted release from @RyanBartow

BruceFeldmanCFB 11:35am via Twitter for iPhone
Virginia starting QB on the market w/ 2 yrs of eligibility left and able to play this fall.

Had offers from UVA, Bama, Clemson, UGA, Louisville, Miami, and USCe coming out in class of 2012.

Here's the only reason for the post ----- his recruiter @ UVA was current UConn Coach Vincent Brown!
Would be a terrific way to backfill the shortage at UConn's qb position, but this kid will want guarantees that he's the starter wherever he goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom