Overview | The Boneyard

Overview

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

I have been asked few times this year to summarize the team and I have declined to do so because I have always felt we had a fatal flaw - rebounding/post game. Until that got addressed the rest is academic or so I thought. Well, we are in the Elite 8 and never did I feel less elated after a Sweet 16 game because of the easy pass layups late in the game.
I have seen Samuel improve dramatically with good coaching from Coach Hobbs. Have I seen Amida, Phil, Tyler or Kentan demonstrate similar improvement? - No! While I think Coach Miller is a good coach in certain aspects of the game, he clearly isn't a Big Man's coach as Hobb's is a guard's coach. Technique aside as an old time Celtic fan (as JC is) in fact Samuel was the only guy that applied the no layup rule(i.e Kevin McHale). I know the rules have change since then - but when a pg is a leading rebounder and a reserve guard is our enforcer it makes one wonder?

After getting this off my chest I will say this after watching many teams; FL seems to be the only eye test team at a higher level than us - and we beat them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom