Our mascot needs to where a blue collar. | The Boneyard

Our mascot needs to where a blue collar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
The comment made by Dan Patrick about our lack of a brand got me thinking.

What is our brand? What are we all about? How do we define to ourselves who we are and what we stand for?

Seeing the effort, the endless hours of practice perfecting Ray's shot, Kemba's step back, Shabazz's crossover; and the emotion, the obvious dedication to excellence... it inspires our fan base, it unifies us, it makes us all Huskies.

We are all about hard work. We are about taking the stairs. We are about being in better shape, better prepared. We win because we earn our success, no matter what difference in talent or privilege may exist.

We are Blue Collar.

We should own it, wear it proudly. In our color, of course...Husky Blue.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We have a brand. That's just a stupid comment. Our brand is an in state brand with a national name. In CT we understand the brand, in California and elsewhere they know the name but they don't feel the brand. The only brands I can distinctly define in college sports based on memory are UK, UNLV, Miami, Alabama and UNC. The brand is, "I didn't go to college but I love UK, Miami etc. because they win games and the image is urban pop culture. They have lots of bling and rappers wear their jerseys and go to some of their games. They seem tough because everyone knows they cheat, but that's cool."

What is Indiana's brand? KU? FSU? There is no describable brand. I'd argue that our best path to a true national brand is to relish the negativity directed at us, however misguided. The more bad ass we are, the bigger the national brand will become in pop culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall
Top Bottom