OTish: Florida State, and what some folks will do to win | The Boneyard

OTish: Florida State, and what some folks will do to win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Long and very disturbing. From UNC to FSU....F them. ACC is on the phone....hang up Warde.

Reaction Score
So let me get this straight, Joe Paterno is evil, his reputation gets tarnished and the football program should be destroyed even though he reported an incident to police, but FSU can 100% clearly cover up a case and face no repercussions. Makes sense to me. If ESPN had any balls they would be camped out in Tallahassee reporting on this like the Penn State scandal. But wait, FSU is the prized commodity of the ACC...nothing to see here! Good to know that company supports rape and bows down to the man, sorry the scum that committed it.

Reaction Score
So let me get this straight, Joe Paterno is evil, his reputation gets tarnished and the football program should be destroyed even though he reported an incident to police, but FSU can 100% clearly cover up a case and face no repercussions. Makes sense to me. If ESPN had any balls they would be camped out in Tallahassee reporting on this like the Penn State scandal. But wait, FSU is the prized commodity of the ACC...nothing to see here! Good to know that company supports rape and bows down to the man, sorry the scum that committed it.

Paterno got what he deserved. Not so much for fla st or unc.

Reaction Score
Remember when Winston spoke after the Heisman Trophy ceremony? He keept saying trust the process and made a reference to trusting the process when the scandal came up. At that time I thought it was classless and a big F-you to the police department and media for covering this story. Looks like it all was warranted.

Reaction Score
Did anyone really need a NY Times investigative report to be written to realize that Florida State and the Florida Police put protection of the star QB ahead of the girl? I didn't.

Reaction Score
The Day After ...

http://fsunytimes.fsu.edu/

Blah Blah Blah ...

I don't think there is any question that Winston's offense was widely known in the Tallahassee/Seminole Booster community. That there was behind the curtain discussions of strategy. This Letter/Explanation leaves out the basic underlying theme: we have procedures to PROTECT sexual assault victims ... but if a Star Athlete is involved, we are going to use whatever we can (including OUR stated procedures) to protect OUR interest. That is winning football games and making money. FSU showed no concern for what was right for the girl.

Reaction Score
Did anyone really need a NY Times investigative report to be written to realize that Florida State and the Florida Police put protection of the star QB ahead of the girl? I didn't.

100% correct. Sad.

Reaction Score

Like the song lyrics of the O'Jays says, "Money, Money, Money, Money.... MONEY..." They don't want to take down/tarnish the Billion dollar business called FBS / P-5 College Football...

Reaction Score
Like the song lyrics of the O'Jays says, "Money, Money, Money, Money.... MONEY..." They don't want to take down/tarnish the Billion dollar business called FBS / P-5 College Football...
...and the girl will get her money, too. It's a sad, sad event that will hurt everyone involved, even after the money is distributed.

Reaction Score
Didn't the article mention that the FSU President, presiding at the time all this was happening, has accepted the same job at Penn State? If so, you will hear a massive, in unison, "oy vey ist mir" from Happy Valley.

Reaction Score
Didn't the article mention that the FSU President, presiding at the time all this was happening, has accepted the same job at Penn State? If so, you will hear a massive, in unison, "oy vey ist mir" from Happy Valley.
You can't make this stuff up I guess. maybe the Penn Staters are thinking "if we had this guy, he'd have done a better job of hiding/destroying the evidence."

Reaction Score

The crazy part (to me, anyway) is that Winston hadn't even played a game yet. He was a highly regarded recruit and had a ton of potential, but there was no guarantee all of that was going to translate to on the field success. Imagine if he had already established himself as a great player in college.

Reactions: TKs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69