OT: Your Favorite Holiday Song | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Your Favorite Holiday Song

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A favorite Christmas album ...http://www.averyspecialchristmas.org/albums/a-very-special-christmas-vol-1 A great mix of everything from Springsteen, Cougar, Pointer sisters, Segar, Sting etc...
One of my favorite tunes is Pat Benatar Please Come Home For Christmas.
This is on the album True Love which she and her husband / guitar player recorded using Room Full Of Blues as their back up band. A must have for anyone who enjoys blues / swing with a gal that is proud and loud with a band that aims the beat at the feet! She was taken by surprise at what her hubby and the band could bring out of her in the genre. A short documentary here...
Somewhat off topic as there is only one Christmas song but what a kick album....:D

I love this CD, I've gone through I don't know how many copies of it. I wish she'd make another one.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Had the pleasure of see Shemekia Copeland at Mohegan Sun earlier this year...

Here's John Michael Montgomery with A Christmas Song...

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Gary Allan with "Let's Be (And Save Santa The Trip)"

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy doing up the Heat Miser...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I never watched the show Studio 60, but they had a beautiful version of "O Holy Night" done by one of my favorite New Orleans musicians, Troy "Trombone Shorty" Andrews that has now become one of all-time Christmas favorites. There are various youtube videos of the scene from the show during which it is played, but since I never watched the show, I prefer to just listen to it without the video. You should be able to play it just by clicking on the link, and I *think* you can also download it and save it by right clicking and "Save As." Pretty sure that's how I got it on my iTunes/iPod:

http://writingjunkie.net/sounds/Studio60-O-Holy-Night-NOLA.mp3

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I never watched the show Studio 60, but they had a beautiful version of "O Holy Night" done by one of my favorite New Orleans musicians, Troy "Trombone Shorty" Andrews that has now become one of all-time Christmas favorites. There are various youtube videos of the scene from the show during which it is played, but since I never watched the show, I prefer to just listen to it without the video. You should be able to play it just by clicking on the link, and I *think* you can also download it and save it by right clicking and "Save As." Pretty sure that's how I got it on my iTunes/iPod:

http://writingjunkie.net/sounds/Studio60-O-Holy-Night-NOLA.mp3

Now in my Favs Music list. Terrific. Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom