OT: Your Favorite Holiday Song | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Your Favorite Holiday Song

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A favorite Christmas album ...http://www.averyspecialchristmas.org/albums/a-very-special-christmas-vol-1 A great mix of everything from Springsteen, Cougar, Pointer sisters, Segar, Sting etc...
One of my favorite tunes is Pat Benatar Please Come Home For Christmas.
This is on the album True Love which she and her husband / guitar player recorded using Room Full Of Blues as their back up band. A must have for anyone who enjoys blues / swing with a gal that is proud and loud with a band that aims the beat at the feet! She was taken by surprise at what her hubby and the band could bring out of her in the genre. A short documentary here...
Somewhat off topic as there is only one Christmas song but what a kick album....:D

Reaction Score
BY friends: Happy Thanksgiving!! Request tech help for the tech-challenged. Trying to create a link here to a youtube video. After the proper URL is copied and pasted in here, how does one turn it into a hyperlink? I assumed highlight it, right-click it (two-finger click in MAC trackpad) and the option to do so would appear...no? Better yet, how does one import the whole video so its cover image and start button appear here, as everyone on the board but I seems to know how to do?

Reaction Score
Well, I'm gonna try this...As others have correctly pointed out, Adam's Oh Holy Night is one of the greatest Christmas songs ever written. This version, sung by the late, incomparable Swedish tenor, Jussi Bjoerling, is electrifying. Crank up the volume and, before the conclusion, fasten your safety belts. If the URL doesn't automatically become a link when I post this, it's worth pasting into your browser ang pursuing...I promise!

Reaction Score
As a general rule I hate Christmas music...not because I hate Christmas, but just because so few Christmas songs have been written that are really good songs. I'm shocked that only one person mentioned the one song that has been selected many times as the best Christmas song of all time...Nat King Cole's version of The Christmas Song.

Reaction Score
As a general rule I hate Christmas music...not because I hate Christmas, but just because so few Christmas songs have been written that are really good songs. I'm shocked that only one person mentioned the one song that has been selected many times as the best Christmas song of all time...Nat King Cole's version of The Christmas Song.

Thank you Frodo... This song is the first one in this post.
It must be my first choice. Have a nice Thanksgiving and Holiday ~~~~

Reaction Score
One of my very favorites. The Secret of Christmas, Done by the Vocal Majority Chorus of Dallas, TX

Reaction Score
KAI - Marvelous thread. Barbara and I send our appreciation to all who have contributed to this outstanding collection of Christmas music. Though I remember tears during WWII Christmas Eves listening to Bing's White Christmas and also hearing "I'll be home for Christmas, if only in my dreams...", as our thoughts were on family members and all the others in danger over seas, Silent Night remains the most powerful Christmas song for me. We inscribed portions of it on the tombstones of my mom and and my dad. For Dad, who went first, it reads " Now all is calm, all is bright." For Mom, "Sleep in heavenly peace, sleep in heavenly peace."

Reaction Score
KAI - Marvelous thread. Barbara and I send our appreciation to all who have contributed to this outstanding collection of Christmas music. Though I remember tears during WWII Christmas Eves listening to Bing's White Christmas and also hearing "I'll be home for Christmas, if only in my dreams...", as our thoughts were on family members and all the others in danger over seas, Silent Night remains the most powerful Christmas song for me. We inscribed portions of it on the tombstones of my mom and and my dad. For Dad, who went first, it reads " Now all is calm, all is bright." For Mom, "Sleep in heavenly peace, sleep in heavenly peace."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom