OT: Wimbledon bracket ? | The Boneyard

OT: Wimbledon bracket ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just looked over the semi for men bracket. How can the #1 seed play the #3 seed in one semi and the #4 and #5 play in the other. Usually it is #1 vs 4 and #2 vs 3 ( if all goes by form). Also #4 vs #5 could never be a semi match. They would have had to play each other to get to semi's. Is there something that is different with the bracketing for tennis. Not sure why this bothers me but it does. Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction Score
Just looked over the semi for men bracket. How can the #1 seed play the #3 seed in one semi and the #4 and #5 play in the other. Usually it is #1 vs 4 and #2 vs 3 ( if all goes by form). Also #4 vs #5 could never be a semi match. They would have had to play each other to get to semi's. Is there something that is different with the bracketing for tennis. Not sure why this bothers me but it does. Any help would be appreciated.
I know Wibledon uses a slightly different seeding/ranking system than the world rankings they take the world rankings and weight a players results on grass surfaces more heavily than their results on clay and hard court. This generally changes players ranking a bit. It is possible ESPN (or where ever you saw this) could be putting their world ranking instead of their true seeding per Wibledon's ranking. Not sure if this is it or not, but could be a plausible explanation.

Reaction Score
Thanks for your help, but I still don;t get it. I checked world rankings and Federer (sp) is # 3 and Djogovich (sp) is #1. So if they went by world ranking they still should not be playing each other. I am not attacking your answer it just can't makes sense of this. Also if your are saying that the Wimbledon rankings are different. Then if a normal bracket system was used ( 1 vs 4 , 2 vs 3 ) then we need to assume they ranked Federor # 4 in the Wimbledon rankings. Which I am not a tennis expert , but how can you rank him lower than # 3. Did i tell you i was confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak
Top Bottom