OT - Which Android phone apps to SD card & which not to transfer | The Boneyard

OT - Which Android phone apps to SD card & which not to transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I recently wiped clean and reloaded my Droid Razr phone. Performance is astonishingly improved. In reloading Apps, I have not yet moved them from the phone memory to the SD card. I'm running low on storage, so it's time to move Apps.

Which ones should I keep on the phone memory for better performance (even if if says I can move it)? Any essentials or rules of thumb? Am I generally correct that infrequently used, info-based (but not necessarily highly interactive) Apps can go to SD card.

Thanks in advance, and apologies in advance that I have nothing to report about Ray Kasongo.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Listen to Steely Dan. Eat a little Chicken Marsala.

The answers will come. The answers will come.

Reaction Score
I took 49 seconds out of my life to be a decent human being and actually give real advice. Hope this helps.
image.jpg

Reaction Score
Move em all. But look at the app description...occasionally an app will be "moveable", but there will be instructions not to. In those cases, don't.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Move em all. But look at the app description...occasionally an app will be "moveable", but there will be instructions not to. In those cases, don't.

Thanks.

I moved a couple dozen yesterday: primarily things I don't use much and would only use when I'm in a fixed location on WiFi: Speedtest, IMDb, Pulse, White Noise. Not anything I need to load quickly or that is highly interactive or used when I am switching cells on a mobile network.

I regained storage and then thereafter experience a slight slowdown in repopulating the Home Screen sometimes. I'll monitor this new development, and move some more apps in a few days if performance remains acceptable. I'll probably also disable some Verizon bloatware.

Before I did the reset, I wanted to throw the phone away several times daily, primarily due to Home Screen and other access lags. Since the reset, I can imagine keeping this phone until 2014 when successor to Galaxy S4 and others arrive. I hope the improvements hold. I'm already upgrade-eligible and can imagine that newer version OS, better camera, more RAM, and faster processor will make a nice difference to what's already a good enough-to-near great experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashfan

Top Bottom