OT - What's the best way to see Prometheus, Regular, 3D or IMax? | The Boneyard

OT - What's the best way to see Prometheus, Regular, 3D or IMax?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I saw it 3D and unlike other 3D movies I've seen, I thought the 3D worked really well and the effects were really cool.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Don't bother with 3D. I saw it in regular vision and it was still amazing. 3D, imo, isn't worth the extra money.

Reaction Score
yeah not a very good film. really nice to look at spfx wise but not much else. id wait for redbox.

Reaction Score
Terrible movie, don't see it at all and don't rent it.

Reaction Score
Really good movie, do see it, in 3D and in regular format. And rent it.

Reaction Score
I'm just glad I'm not the only one who thought it stunk, considering the fact I went with a few others and I heard things like "Best movie ever"

Reaction Score
I'm just glad I'm not the only one who thought it stunk, considering the fact I went with a few others and I heard things like "Best movie ever"
I haven't seen it, but,"best movie ever" would make me think,"overhype". Especially at 70-something percent on rottentomatoes. I would be expecting a stellar- good but not great- movie.

Reaction Score
I haven't seen it, but,"best movie ever" would make me think,"overhype". Especially at 70-something percent on rottentomatoes. I would be expecting a stellar- good but not great- movie.

Honestly it just wasn't my kind of movie, lack of action (my own opinion) could have done a bit more, but if you can ever Redbox it, that might be a better bet than shoving 10 dollars into the theatre.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure the best way to see it is on HBO in about ten months. But if you have to go, you might as well go big and go IMAX.

We actually saw John Carter on PPV - not nearly as bad as the reviews. Not great, but not the holy disaster it was made out to be.

Of course, my opinion is skewed - it's been about five years since I have seen a movie without the lil kid. Case in point, the two movies I have seen this summer are Brave and Madagascar 3. If there is a God, and a babysitter, I'd hope to see Moonrise Kingdom at some point.

Reaction Score
Saw it in 3D. Was just an okay flick. I've been waiting for a really good syfy thriller for very long time. Like all the others I've seen so far, it fell short of my expectations.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Don't bother with 3D. I saw it in regular vision and it was still amazing. 3D, imo, isn't worth the extra money.

This is silly advice, for anybody else who is thinking about going. You see it in the best available format. 3D/IMAX.

I really liked it.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
This is silly advice, for anybody else who is thinking about going. You see it in the best available format. 3D/IMAX.

I really liked it.
Well it's cool to see it in 3D, but I don't really want to spend the extra money. I thought it was a great movie too by the way.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I know this is the bball board, but - Randy Edsall's review of Ridley Scott / Damon Lindeloff: "They just didn't execute".

Though if you're into mythology / symbolism type stuff (like Joseph Campbell's influence on and analyis of Star Wars) you might enjoy reading this:
Prometheus Unbound: What The Movie Was Actually About

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Though if you're into mythology / symbolism type stuff (like Joseph Campbell's influence on and analyis of Star Wars) you might enjoy reading this:
Prometheus Unbound: What The Movie Was Actually About

The film is in the black $$$$ so a big ass sequel is assured which is what Scott wanted.

There's increasing buzz and we will see more and more sites explaining the film (the above was excellent. Of course there are 3X as many references he didn't work in there including the Mayan and Aztec creation myths, etc).

Next we will see the Graduate Film Journals take this and work the classic Jungian psychology archetype angle and the philosophers will mine the moral and ethical dilemmas of a contingent existence which we deny, and the literary critics will be happy to do some feminist or marxist or deconstructionist reads. Eventually we will get books like "Taking the Red Pill: Science, Philosophy and the Religion in the Matrix" or "The Desert of the Real: the Philosophy of the Matrix" which was really Scott's inspiration. A film where the buzz increases as it hits pay per view, and rentals and network TV.

Prometheus will be even be easier with hundreds of philosophy books on Amazon mining the turf of the classic myth about creation.

The studios are happy. They can repackage 'Alien' for another decade in Blu-Ray 3-D as the inevitable Ridley Scott Trilogy gets released and repackaged.

Reaction Score
Just got back from the matinee.

The movie was much better than I expected it to be. I liked it quite a bit. If you like ALL the Alien movies, I think you'll like this. No action (i.e. shoot'em up scenes)? I can see that it didn't have much action, but it was really good just the same.

I agree with the person that said 3D not necessary. I like IMAX screens but I wish I could have seen it on IMAX without 3D effects. They were not that noticeable and, of course, the glasses just keep riding down my nose. Hate adjusting those things.

Would I see it in IMAX/3D over regular screen? Yes. But don't expect much in the way of 3D.

Reaction Score
The movie was good, but not like the original Alien. There appears to be a sequel opportunity which they can tweak. 7 out of 10 stars.

Reaction Score
I didn't see it in 3D. But when it gets released in Germany in 3D, I would like to see it again.

I thought the second half of the movie was better than the first. I did not think there was enough character development and there was an overreliance on "stock" characters. After watching this movie and suffering through "Robin Hood", I am really starting to think that Ridley Scott is losing his touch. I sort of hope he leaves the "Bladerunner" reboot alone.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
How to see Prometheus?

In 4K Blu-Ray (3840 X 2160).

Ultra HD will be the Buzzword at CES in January. Sony introduced one Ultra HD machine in Jan 2012 BDP-S790 and sets will be coming in 2013. The new Spiderman (if it's a blockbuster) will be Sony's first official 4K Blu-Ray HD Ultra release (Sony owns Columbia pictures and ows the Spiderman movie franchise as a partner with Marvel)

Reaction Score
How to see Prometheus?

In 4K Blu-Ray (3840 X 2160).

Ultra HD will be the Buzzword at CES in January. Sony introduced one Ultra HD machine in Jan 2012 BDP-S790 and sets will be coming in 2013. The new Spiderman (if it's a blockbuster) will be Sony's first official 4K Blu-Ray HD Ultra release (Sony owns Columbia pictures and ows the Spiderman movie franchise as a partner with Marvel)

I can't tell the difference between Blu-Ray and 720

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc