OT: USA vs Japan Final | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: USA vs Japan Final

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Next time you're walking around the mall, take a look around at what passes for "women" nowadays - it's like a jail break from the fat and sloppy farm. Hope's doing fine.
Haven't been to a mall in over a decade. Don't need to hit up the mall to see fat people, America is full of them. Still doesn't have anything to do with Hope Solo being a train wreck.

Reaction Score
Is there a mercy rule in World Cup soccer.

Reminds me of watching our UConn Women's basketball. Play all out to the final whistle.

Reaction Score
Actually, not good for women's soccer. Shows how bad it is. This game is good for US but shows how bad this is. It's unwatchable.

You see those goals scored on keepers playing too far out all the time at the highest levels of the men's game. Japan - a very skilled technical side - is just getting steamrolled right now. It happens (e.g. Germany / Brazil).

Reaction Score
Yes, but, that's mostly offset by the up-close shots of her private bits that leaked onto the net last fall. Based on that, I bump her back up to "will tolerate."

Are you kidding? Those pictures were disgusting.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Actually, not good for women's soccer. Shows how bad it is. This game is good for US but shows how bad this is. It's unwatchable.
That's just way too simplistic of a thought. It's one game - US got some breaks early and a few falling in, going just by a defender, ricocheting perfectly to an open foot - those things happen and in no way indicates the level of play or state of the game.

To follow with that logic, you would have said it was bad for Football when the 49ers crushed the Broncos 55-10 in Super Bowl 24.

Reaction Score
I agree, quality wise it's pretty much lousy. In women's hoops they play a fundamentally strong game but lack athleticism as compared to men. In soccer it's really both. And the flopping is worse than the NBA, 3 of the last 5 goals I can recall were on penalty shots.

I will probably watch some, they play hard. But 8PM is Fare Thee Well PPV.

Flopping? Watch Robbens (Netherlands), Ronaldo (Portugal), Neymar (Brazil), or even Klinsman back in the day (Germany), all flopped religiously. Heck the Italian national team makes it an art form.

Reaction Score
Flopping? Watch Robbens (Netherlands), Ronaldo (Portugal), Neymar (Brazil), or even Klinsman back in the day (Germany), all flopped religiously. Heck the Italian national team makes it an art form.

Exactly. it's sickening at the highest levels of the mens game, especially the Italians

Reaction Score
Great showing, our womens team got better as the tournament went on and the coaching staff did a brilliant job.

Reaction Score
jleves said:
That's just way too simplistic of a thought. It's one game - US got some breaks early and a few falling in, going just by a defender, ricocheting perfectly to an open foot - those things happen and in no way indicates the level of play or state of the game. To follow with that logic, you would have said it was bad for Football when the 49ers crushed the Broncos 55-10 in Super Bowl 24.

First goal I thought was a thing of beauty - US spread out on the set piece and opened a lane, Lloyd crashed in from the weak side with a beautiful outside of the foot finish. Chipping the goalie from midfield is impressive no matter how much you fault the goalie.

Second goal was sort of a hustle/garbage goal off a nice flick on, the third was a horrible header from Japan but a clinical volley - the sort of composed finish the USMNT could have used v Belgium.

There was some good stuff in that blowout.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
First goal I thought was a thing of beauty - US spread out on the set piece and opened a lane, Lloyd crashed in from the weak side with a beautiful outside of the foot finish. Chipping the goalie from midfield is impressive no matter how much you fault the goalie.

Second goal was sort of a hustle/garbage goal off a nice flick on, the third was a horrible header from Japan but a clinical volley - the sort of composed finish the USMNT could have used v Belgium.

There was some good stuff in that blowout.
that half field chip, damn... and my girl tobin getting her goal... the women are very good, if you dont like soccer or appreciate it you wont like it... i like the pace they play at and how technical they are

Reaction Score
that half field chip, damn... and my girl tobin getting her goal... the women are very good, if you dont like soccer or appreciate it you wont like it... i like the pace they play at and how technical they are
Not all soccer fans are going to like women's soccer just like not all basketball fans are going to like women's basketball.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Not all soccer fans are going to like women's soccer just like not all basketball fans are going to like women's basketball.
no i know i agree, i probably worded it wrong... still dont know how to, it's in my head but wont come out...

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
ITT:
tumblr_m8k0sm5mtq1r8zv7zo1_500.jpg

32193655.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors