OT: USA Soccer / Mexico also | The Boneyard

OT: USA Soccer / Mexico also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If mexico loses (good chance of that vs costa rica) and somehow usa loses then Mexico will not go to world cup. Games start in a hour if you have bein sports channel tune in. Ill be swapping back and forth between games.

Reaction Score
Wow back and forth in both games 85th min panama has pulled ahead of usa. Panama up 2-1 and mexico down 2-1 ..if it stands like this mexico our rivals are 5th in the group and will miss the world cup. *evil grin*

Reaction Score
That was ruthless. You could tell Johannsson felt pretty bad when he knocked in that last goal (great goal btw). Sucks for Panama, but we had a bunch of guys fighting for spot in Brazil, and they couldnt beat our B team with everything on the line.

Reaction Score
“@ussoccer: #YoureWelcomeMexico @miseleccionmx”
As Mexico's World Cup chances were dying against Costa Rica, the US extra time goals against Panama, first by Zusi and then Johannsson, elicited this classic play-by-play from Mexican announcers following the US-Panama game.

"... cries of “USA, USA,” in bars and gatherings all around Mexico. Social networks in the country were flooded with El Tri fans thanking the United States." A Mexican colleague's buying lunch for me Friday, and another's picking up dinner some other day. They, like all Los Mexicanos, knew Mexico was dead and the US threw them a life preserver. Still, I'm not sure my Mexican friends' dinners will buy my support against the Kiwis in the 2-game, NZ-MEX playoff and I'll watch the games with Kiwi colleagues.

"The widely reported cost to the Mexican economy of missing out – which is still a possibility with a two-leg playoff against New Zealand to negotiate next month - would’ve been around $600 million, but the damage to the prestige of Mexican soccer, its league and its players is more difficult to put a figure on."

Reaction Score
First the canal, now this...

LMAO!!!! On a serious note, having been a football(soccer) fan for 20 plus years(didn't grow up with the sport but it took over my life in a heartbeat after my son...now 27.....started playing), these kinds of endings and the fact that the sport is tied to the passion of countries and small towns make it without comparison in the world of sports. I LOVE this game!!!!

GO HUSKIES!!!

husky_qa.jpg-300x200.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member