OT: UFL Opening Day | The Boneyard

OT: UFL Opening Day

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Caught the 4th quarter of the Birmingham game. It’s not good football. Crowd is very sparse. (Game is in Arlington) Might watch some of the later game leading into the UConn game. Not hopeful about this league and still kinda pissed they don’t have a team in NY. Why do people keep trying to do this? It’s just never worked and has rarely resulted in good football. Late game is the St.Louis Battlehawks vs the Michigan Panthers. What the heck is a Battlehawk anyway?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I, too, was disappointed that there was no team 8n the northeast. Hard to root for teams have the country away. Or at least hard to care…

Reaction Score
I like having football to watch in the Spring, but it’s more for background noise in weekends. It just kind of fools my subconscious into that Fall feel everyone loves. I can’t imagine myself ever caring about UFL games though.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I like having football to watch in the Spring, but it’s more for background noise in weekends. It just kind of fools my subconscious into that Fall feel everyone loves. I can’t imagine myself ever caring about UFL games though.
Yeah, it’s a tough sell. I agree that it is good background noise. Maybe there will be a few players that get a shot in the NFL. All the better if they played at UConn. Are there any? I checked the Battlehawks and Panthers roster and saw no one. I don’t have the energy to check them all.

Reaction Score
Yeah, it’s a tough sell. I agree that it is good background noise. Maybe there will be a few players that get a shot in the NFL. All the better if they played at UConn. Are there any? I checked the Battlehawks and Panthers roster and saw no one. I don’t have the energy to check them all.
There’s gotta be some UConn players. I can’t find a way to easily search, you’d have to scour rosters. I’ve come across several in CFL games.

Sometimes the games in these subpar leagues are very entertaining. A close game of any kind is worth watching. I struggle with baseball as my background noise in the Spring. It just doesn’t do it for me. However, I really enjoy the College World Series for some reason.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They better start paying locals to attend, or fill the stadium using AI. Very few people are ever watching spring football. No one is watching no name players in a sparslly filled stadium.

Reaction Score
I’ve tried watching some UFL (and its previous incarnations) and I found it severely lacking. It’s not just boring and lacking in talent. There’s no local connection whatsoever. And there’s just a look to it that screams amateur. It’s just completely uninteresting to me.

Reaction Score
Catch a St Louis Battlehawks game. Their games are better than any Carolina Panthers game from the last five years.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I watched a little before the Elite Eight games on Easter Sunday. It was okay, but lacking because there are no names, promotion, connection to fanbases, or emotion. For as popular as the NFL is, one cannot simply yell, "football!!" and expect people to come running.

The NFL is too big, offers too much money, and will no longer buy into a farm system (i.e. World League). Compared to baseball, where players enter their prime at about 27 years old, a football player's prime is around 24. There is no reason to season a given veteran lineman, when a young'un has equivalent skills and higher ceiling. Further, The NFL schedule is year round. Players don't work offseason jobs and use training camp to get into shape anymore and anyone decent is signed to a futures contract, preventing them from moonlighting in another league. If anyone is going to get hurt on the NFL's dime, it best be while NFL'ing. At the end of the day, expanded practice squad size and eligibility, along with an estimated 200 willing educational institutions already set up to provide equivalent services at virtually no cost to The Shield itself renders a structured farm system moot. The cost/benefit is not there for the rare late bloomer and I don't believe for a second that they aren't aware of all of that.

The USFL of the 80s worked opposite the NFL, because they could offer equivalent or better salaries to top prospects coming out of college. Even then, for all the "success" the USFL supposedly experienced, teams were still folding and emerging on a regular basis. Then [someone] had to challenge The Shield, and kill the golden goose completely. Not to mention, the effects of concussions and other injuries are far better known, so that no one with half of a brain over age 25 is willing to sacrifice it for comparable chicken feed or risk forfeiting life insurance proceeds.

Reaction Score
Even WWE has moved on from Vince.
Yes, Vince is a clownshow. I didn't say that he wasn't. Don't assume I like Vince or think he's redeemable. He's always been a scumbag.

This whole "its tainted" line of thinking is stupid then you wonder why things tank.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Yes, Vince is a clownshow. I didn't say that he wasn't. Don't assume I like Vince or think he's redeemable. He's always been a scumbag.

This whole "its tainted" line of thinking is stupid then you wonder why things tank.
This league will tank for one reason. It’s bad football.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom