OT - Typical NCAA. Make a rule and then ignore it. | The Boneyard

OT - Typical NCAA. Make a rule and then ignore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
UCLA got the same thing last year. NBD as far as I am concerned.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Yup. And our men's basketball team received a postseason ban for a rule that wasn't in effect at the time that they "violated" it. Funny how they pick and choose, eh? I won't even mention UNC or Miami. Oops!

Reaction Score
Georgia Tech is only playing in this game because TWO teams in their division are ineligible to play in it. Why should they be penalized for that?

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Unless "your" team is the one who gets kicked in the junk and misses a payday.

Trust me, the team that loses out on whatever bowl Georgia Tech takes is not "losing" money. Other than a few bowl games, all these schools lose money on the Little Ceasar and Poulan Weedeater Bowls.

Reaction Score
Trust me, the team that loses out on whatever bowl Georgia Tech takes is not "losing" money. Other than a few bowl games, all these schools lose money on the Little Ceasar and Poulan Weedeater Bowls.

Trust me... It's not all about the money! It's perception as we have learned the hard way. To screw a MAC team out of a bowl to pad the ACC's resume (after two schools can't/won't go - the U and UNC) sucks!

Reaction Score
Let's hope GT wins and gets blown out in the BCS game. That should make the ACC look like a power conference.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Trust me... It's not all about the money! It's perception as we have learned the hard way. To screw a MAC team out of a bowl to pad the ACC's resume (after two schools can't/won't go - the U and UNC) sucks!

Ok, but you used the "missed payday" as your argument. I agree that it sucks that some 8-4 MAC team may get shut out of a bowl.

Reaction Score
Ok, but you used the "missed payday" as your argument. I agree that it sucks that some 8-4 MAC team may get shut out of a bowl.

Point taken...

Stewart Mandel (@slmandel)
11/29/12, 11:02 PM
MAC commish Jon Steinbrecher issues statement that he's disappointed in NCAA's Ga Tech bowl waiver. Will likely cost his league a berth.

Reaction Score
Georgia Tech is only playing in this game because TWO teams in their division are ineligible to play in it. Why should they be penalized for that?

Are you sure they wouldnt be in the game anyway what was the tie breaker? All 3 are 5-3 and have a win and a loss against the other 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom