Ot;These Are The 10 Most Boring Places To Live In Connecticut | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Ot;These Are The 10 Most Boring Places To Live In Connecticut

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Winsted isn't even a town. It's part of Winchester, which has always seemed bassackwards to me.
I worked for a couple of weeks in Winchester before I went to OCS...it seemed kind of picturesque...that was 29 years ago though

arch

Reaction Score
Winsted isn't even a town. It's part of Winchester, which has always seemed bassackwards to me.
Neither is West Simsbury,, it's just a post office in Simsbury.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Tried to decipher the meaning of this post and have know clue what you're saying in the second sentence?

Should have read where there is nothing to do.

Reaction Score
It doesn't seem like they weighted any of their boringness categories. For instance, I think population density should be a bigger indicator of boringness than the average age.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Problem is, their definition of boring and mine are not the same. They seem to think that boring is the opposite of exciting. I think of it as the opposite of interesting. The things that interest me (and therefore keep me from being bored) do not require, nor even benefit from existing amid a crowd of young single people.

Reaction Score
Harwinton is by itself a boring place, to narrow it down to Northwest Harwinton seems totally unnecessary.

Reaction Score
As a lifelong CT resident here are my rankings of most exciting places in CT
1. New Haven
2.Milford in the summer
3.South Norwalk
4.West Hartford
5.Mystic

Honorable Mention:
Believe it or not New London is having a resurgence. Went there a couple times in the summer and bank street was very lively. Mix of bars, clubs,and live music. Live music was very diverse from rap, rock to Spanish music.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Neither is West Simsbury,, it's just a post office in Simsbury.
Weatogue, Tarrifville, and Simsbury Center too.

Reaction Score
As a lifelong CT resident here are my rankings of most exciting places in CT
1. New Haven
2.Milford in the summer
3.South Norwalk
4.West Hartford
5.Mystic

Honorable Mention:
Believe it or not New London is having a resurgence. Went there a couple times in the summer and bank street was very lively. Mix of bars, clubs,and live music. Live music was very diverse from rap, rock to Spanish music.

If a place is only exciting in the summer, should it really count as one of the most exciting places? I like New Haven, personally i think SoNo is pretty bland.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Except for my time at Storrs, I don't think I ever lived farther than 3 miles from the ocean. Even now that I don't go to the beach much. it is a big factor in where I want to live.
I imagine a major river or lake might do, but I feel at home near the water.
Most of boring is in your head.

Reaction Score
They didn't count movie theaters, plays, beaches, restaurants, live music venues, arts, museums, sports venues, etc.
The island from Lord of the Flies would top their chart.

Did you read that book? Methodology proven accurate.

Reaction Score
A few years back if you walked home from a pub on any given summer night, you take a side street off Bank or State St. in New London get ready to step on a flurry of hypodermic needles.

That is why it was number 1 in being hip.

Reaction Score
The list is the definition of click bait. Living in Weston, and seeing Westport (and not Weston) on the list just makes me laugh. Also, to the above commenters concerning Bridgeport - I would call Bridgeport a lot of things, but boring isn't one of them. Black Rock is fun, and driving through a lot of neighborhoods gets my adrenaline running as much as a jog.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
They only used census data. I grew up in Orange, which would have been super boring if there was a dome over it and we couldn't drive 10 minutes to New Haven. Also, the Post Road cuts right through the town.

Reaction Score
Kind of surprised to see Winsted/Litchfield County in general getting so much hate. I've lived all over the state and the NW corner in particular is pretty fantastic, it's just a weird place. It's like yuppies/ultra rich/celebs meet super poor rednecks who live one click north of squaler. But everyone's nice up there and bashing NY tourists is still a NW-corner inspired past time of mine.

And guys if you want some fun bars. NW CT is full of 'em. Totally underrated. And no police. Like... at all. It's got a lot of character.

I also lived in the Northeastern part of the state and it was torture.

Reaction Score
They only used census data. I grew up in Orange, which would have been super boring if there was a dome over it and we couldn't drive 10 minutes to New Haven. Also, the Post Road cuts right through the town.

Hey we have the PEZ factory. Can't be all bad :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
How is Gampel Pavilion, in the second half of a UConn women's basketball 40 point blowout, not on this list?

Reaction Score
That list is whack. Old Saybrook has a ton of stuff to do. Essex as well. The lifestyle in those towns is among the best in the country, not just Connecticut.

Reaction Score
Unless you have spent time in Salisbury, you don't know what you are missing,

Reaction Score
New Haven is definitely the best place for culture and fun. Probably Stamford and West Hartford/Hartford are #2 and #3. Can't say much about the rest other than seasonally most places on the shoreline.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Not everybody likes extended jams.
Kr69gr.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members