OT - The Daily Campus' Editor in Chief | The Boneyard

OT - The Daily Campus' Editor in Chief

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
So a friend of mine is finishing up his last year at UConn and was just appointed as The Daily Campus' (UConn's on campus, student run newspaper) EIC. He is a funny kid and a huge long-time UConn basketball fan. Recently he posted this picture to facebook of his new office and his 2 only rules as the new boss:

" (1) My door is always open.
(2) You must wipe your feet before entering "

GTtFwdJ.jpg

Simply grand.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
At first glance, it was not evident that the foreground was a desk. I thought he just had his stuff spread all over the floor.

Reaction Score
Excellent!

I think a Kentucky wastebasket in the corner would complete the ensemble...
(A wastebasket in the digital age? Why yes, to collect all their tears...)

Reaction Score
And a Clash poster on the wall. Perfect.
Not just any Clash poster - London Calling - iconic cover image and arguably the height of Clash creativity and productivity. My sister saw them at the Augora in Hartford. I can't even imagine how insane that must have been - big band in small venue. I miss Joe - great singer/lyricist and awesome human being.

Reaction Score
Not just any Clash poster - London Calling - iconic cover image and arguably the height of Clash creativity and productivity. My sister saw them at the Augora in Hartford. I can't even imagine how insane that must have been - big band in small venue. I miss Joe - great singer/lyricist and awesome human being.
I was there, they opened with London Calling, it was insane.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'd instruct them to squat and , but wiping feet is good too.

Alternative method: step in dog fecal matter and wipe on door mat. Everyone wins.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Always looked forward to Amy Miller's column, anyone at Uconn around the late 90s will know why...
She was a very, very friendly coworker. Lots of late nights...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
And a Clash poster on the wall. Perfect.
I was there, they opened with London Calling, it was insane.

Just two days ago I heard The Clash playing very loudly from our bathroom while my middle daughter was showering. Naturally, I asked her what she was listening to, and she explained that they had come up on a Spotify playlist and she liked them.

For her last birthday (14) I got her a turntable because she had started taking a liking to a lot of my music and loved checking out the old vinyl I have. So last night we spent some time going through my albums yet again, and I gave her Combat Rock and London Calling, as well as a digital copy of Live at Shea Stadium, which I attended, when they opened for the Who in 1982. And I made sure to explain to her that London Calling is one of the greatest albums of all time.

She went to her room for a few hours and came back to ask me what my favorite songs were and we compared notes. I told her Clampdown, Spanish Bombs, Lost in the Supermarket, Train in Vain, Jimmy Jazz; she really loves Rock the Casbah and Should I Stay or Should I Go, the first ones that grabbed me all those years ago.

Highlight of my week so far.

Reaction Score

London Calling, after all these years is still one of my favorite albums.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
She went to her room for a few hours and came back to ask me what my favorite songs were and we compared notes. I told her Clampdown, Spanish Bombs, Lost in the Supermarket, Train in Vain, Jimmy Jazz; she really loves Rock the Casbah and Should I Stay or Should I Go, the first ones that grabbed me all those years ago.
How could I forget Death or Glory and Rudie Can't Fail?!?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom