OT: Test #475B | The Boneyard

OT: Test #475B

Status
Not open for further replies.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
14..Shorthand way to distinguish a college population from the surrounding community.

15..Who succeeded David Ben-______?

16..Sportscaster associated with "Whoa, Nellie"?

17..Explain: Billy Paul and Amy Winehouse really devastated that marriage.

18..Explain "deed in lieu".

19..Only one of the hoofers wore the designated article of clothing in 1938. Say what?

20..In 1533 King Atahualpa of ? is executed by Francisco _______.

21..Mr. ____ White, formerly of the NBA, is immortalized by the Beatles. Well, not really. Explain.

22..The Philippines' national animal, the carabao, is a species of..?.

23..Frank Sinatra and Billy Joel have tunes(?) exploring the specific virtues of persons, who others
may not appreciate.

24..Jason Lee's epiphany in "My Name Is Earl"?

25..Old radio: The Great ____________ & P0rtia _____ ____.

I shall now gloss over my newspaper and then accumulate US Open tennis info.
No, no, don't get up.

Yours truly,
______ Dollar.(Q25 epilogue)

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
21. JoJo White was a NBA player, a Celtic for a while. In the Beatles tune "Get Back", there's a line "get back JoJo... your momma's waiting for you .. wearing her high-heel boots .. and a low-neck sweater.."
23. "She's got a way about her"?

Reaction Score
15. Gurion. Golda Meir
16. Vin Scully
21. Jo Jo White, in the Beatles song Get Back, Paul McCartney makes a reference to a Jo Jo.( Get back Jo Jo, followed by a George Harrison guitar riff). There is also mention of a woman named Loretta.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
14. I suspect there are a few but one is 'Town and Gown'

Reaction Score
15. If it is David Ben-Gurion, I think you may need to clarify since he held many positions throughout his career - including twice as Prime Minister.

22. Water Buffalo

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
16. Keith Jackson, the voice of college football (which I think starts this weekend)
21. JoJo White was an NBA player and not from Tuscan AZ as the Beatles claim. Get Back.
24. Karma. He turns his life around, or tries to after winning a lottery. He has to do good or make up for all the bad he did or karma will make his life bad. Good show, and it had the smoking hot Jaime Pressly

Reaction Score
15. Gurion -- Golda Meier?
16. Keith Jackson
17. Billy Paul had "a thing goin' on" with Mrs. Jones. Maybe Amy returned the favor with Mr. Jones?
18. When a bank takes over a house in foreclosure.
21. Jo Jo White played for the Celtics -- Beatles sang Get Back Jo Jo.
24. Needed to right all his wrongs.

Reaction Score
14.. Town and gown

15..Ben-Gurion, but don't know who succeeded him.

16..Keith Jackson

18..Instead of having your lender go forward with a foreclosure action, you deed your property to the lender.

20..Incas, Pizzaro

21..Jo Jo White played guard for the Celtics but was not from Tucson Arizona, which is where Jo Jo in the Beatles song "get back" was from.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
16. Keith Jackson, the voice of college football (which I think starts this weekend)
Not a fan, I guess?
Arizona starts tomorrow night, could be a long night at the stadium due to monsoon thunderstorms. Will make a mess of NCAA's lightning protocols, as we can watch lightning for hours without it ever coming close.

Reaction Score
25. The Great Gildersleeve and Portia Faces Life (yes, a soap. But what else are you
going to listen to when you're home with the measles).

Some others that I recall: "Oxydol's" Old Ma Perkins, Backstage Wife, Pepper Young's Family,
and The Romance of Helen Trent (the show which asks the burning question: can a woman over 35
find romance, etc. . . .)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Not a fan, I guess?
??? :confused:
Arizona starts tomorrow night, could be a long night at the stadium due to monsoon thunderstorms. Will make a mess of NCAA's lightning protocols, as we can watch lightning for hours without it ever coming close.
For football (gridiron) purposes, the weekend is Thurs-Mon.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
25..Or, ed4, if you're a kid in the back seat coming home from grandma. BTW, did you miss the coda following?

15..Yes, Cajun, but common sense should tell you I'm not looking for a lesser position than PM. If you know the guy who did a 2-year stint after David's 1st term, say so.

19..Tiein' up my white tie, brushin' off my tails.

23.."Won't dish the dirt with the rest of the girls."

And Pinot, your selection does not have the sense of others having troubles with the lady.
"And she'll only reveal what she wants you to see. Blame it all on yourself, cause...?

Reaction Score
15..Yes, Cajun, but common sense should tell you I'm not looking for a lesser position than PM. If you know the guy who did a 2-year stint after David's 1st term, say so.

I like the others only knew the Ben-Gurion part .... so I looked it up only for my own curiosity (having no intention of offering the answer) However, discovering the conundrum I sought only to seek clarity.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
23. OK, so, I think that's "The Lady is a Tramp", but, I'm missin' the Joel connection.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
15. Ben Gurion served twice. He was succeeded by Sharet once. don't know if it was first or second time.
16. Keith Jackson
20. Inca. Pizzaro
25. The Great Gildersleeve (Throckmorton P) Dunno the other

Reaction Score
25. Yes, I did miss the coda. That would likely be Johnny Dollar. (evidently I listened
to far too much radio as a kid).

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
14..Town and Gown (clever poetry, no?) by UcM & hoop.

15..Like Cajun types, Mr. Ben-Gurion was PM twice, 1st followed by Mr. Sharett, as geordi offers. Then K9
& VAUC slip in Golda Meier, for your reading pleasure.

16..The JC 5some gives us Keith Jackson.

17..K9 half-stumbles into it. Yes, Amy has a "Me and Mr. Jones". Mind-boggling, I know.

18..Hoop offers a legible reply. K9 is less charitable to the home-dweller.

19.You leave this to me? TOP HAT, a Ginger and Fred extravaganza.

20..Inca or Peru
Will do. With Pizarro the slayer. Credit to hoop.

21..Meyers and a load of bball & Beatles fans.

22..How, Cajun, could you(or any Boneyarder) know such esoterica?

23..Pinot gots the Frank one anyway.

24..See K9...or Meyers for a windier exposition.

25..Newly proclaimed resident expert on "Radio Days"(Woody Allen), I give you Ed4, with all his rashes.

Less perfect here, but take yourself an aggregate 94% all told.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
I was stationed in Subic Bay in 83 and 84 ... every local Filipino family had at least one

Did you ever think that there'd be such a payoff 3 decades later?:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99