OT - T-Mobile "unlimited data" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - T-Mobile "unlimited data"

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
I see this posted regularly on other forums.

In a nutshell these are the options:

1) Keep the Verizon unlimited if possible, Work with their restrictions.
2) T-Mobile offers true unlimited 4G data that does not include a hot spot or tether ($89.95) a month or 69.95 if you bring your own phone w 2 year contract.
3) T-Mobile offers 5 GB of 4G data and then 3G unlimited for $94.95 a month or 74.95 if you bring your own phone with 2 year contract. This has tether and phone hot spot capability, The above does not.
4) Verizon has the fastest Network and best coverage. No unlimited in most cases
5) ATT is coming on strong. Better Tether and Phone as Hot Spot values then Verizon

T-Mobile as noted is very good if you are in their area. Otherwise its the least well supported. Its. Don't plan on using its unlimited to stream NetFlix to a TV.

I've had Sprint, T-Mobile and ATT in the last year.

I used the Sprint hot spot option for my laptop with a stick. Sprint was 3G in my area and suckled teat. Had it for 10 years. Finally gave up.

T-Mobile Hot Spot for 4G was good. I would be with T-Mobile now on the $95 dollar contract plan unlimited that rolls over to 3G after 5 GB if they had the Lumia 920 phone on November.

Instead I went with ATTs $95 dollar plan 5GB plan with tether and hot spot which is generally very good speed and availability. Added 4G data is $10 per GB.

I was off contract for two years and signed a 2 year and expect the landscape to change radically in 2014. It's the nature of the beast. It suckles teat but this is like paying for AOL dial up minutes in 1996. Someday we will say "What were we thinking?"

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
They definitely do ... but if you can live with it, it's by far the best deal out there. I consider myself a very technical person and it really doesn't bother me one bit. But if you do a lot of media consumption on the road or away from wifi, then it's probably not for you (at least until their LTE rollout picks up speed.)

For the basic user who wants smartphone capabilities, I don't see an issue with it.

good point... anything is better than basic phone service

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I see this posted regularly on other forums.

In a nutshell these are the options:

1) Keep the Verizon unlimited if possible, Work with their restrictions.
2) T-Mobile offers true unlimited 4G data that does not include a hot spot or tether ($89.95) a month or 69.95 if you bring your own phone w 2 year contract.
3) T-Mobile offers 5 GB of 4G data and then 3G unlimited for $94.95 a month or 74.95 if you bring your own phone with 2 year contract. This has tether and phone hot spot capability, The above does not.
4) Verizon has the fastest Network and best coverage. No unlimited in most cases
5) ATT is coming on strong. Better Tether and Phone as Hot Spot values then Verizon

T-Mobile as noted is very good if you are in their area. Otherwise its the least well supported. Its. Don't plan on using its unlimited to stream NetFlix to a TV.

I've had Sprint, T-Mobile and ATT in the last year.

I used the Sprint hot spot option for my laptop with a stick. Sprint was 3G in my area and suckled teat. Had it for 10 years. Finally gave up.

T-Mobile Hot Spot for 4G was good. I would be with T-Mobile now on the $95 dollar contract plan unlimited that rolls over to 3G after 5 GB if they had the Lumia 920 phone on November.

Instead I went with ATTs $95 dollar plan 5GB plan with tether and hot spot which is generally very good speed and availability. Added 4G data is $10 per GB.

I was off contract for two years and signed a 2 year and expect the landscape to change radically in 2014. It's the nature of the beast. It suckles teat but this is like paying for AOL dial up minutes in 1996. Someday we will say "What were we thinking?"
well said... thanks

Reaction Score
I read somewhere that Walmart's unlimited plan is a good buy, don't know too much about their coverage area. I have Verizon and as much as I complain about pricing, the reliability is super.

Reaction Score
If you have unlimited data already with Verizon you can keep it if you buy a phone off contract

This right here. I'm grandfathered in to the unlimited plan and they are going to have to rip it out of my cold, lifeless hands.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I haven't shopped for a cell phone plan in ages - I'm still grandfathered on the old timey AT&T unlimited plan.

I don't know much about their network, but T-Mobile has a plan that has a minimum number of minutes (100) but a generous amount of data before throttling (5GB) for $30 a month. You have to work relatively hard to use up 5G a month - plan looks pretty good to me.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
This right here. I'm grandfathered in to the unlimited plan and they are going to have to rip it out of my cold, lifeless hands.
hahahaha welp never upgrade to one of their phones

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I read somewhere that Walmart's unlimited plan is a good buy, don't know too much about their coverage area. I have Verizon and as much as I complain about pricing, the reliability is super.
I agree... best service of the bunch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc