OT: Super Bowl Tonight | The Boneyard

OT: Super Bowl Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Who you got? Stupid question here in New England.

I really think the Seahawks might pull this one out: 28 Seahawks 24 Pats

Reaction Score
19-10 Seahawks, or 29-20 Seahawks, or 30-29 Pats, or 20-19 Pats.

Okay so I really don't care as long as we get the pattern here - end it in 9 - Seattle and Pats 0 I'm good - preferably Seahawks win but more importantly , I WIN! ;)

That's the 200 dollar pool the 100 dollar pool is also a decent number with Pats 7 - Seattle 0 - these both have score changes too so they are good numbers to work with.

Have some others, 0-0 in a 20 buck pool and 0-1 in the same. Not telling you the crappy ones. LOL, but sometimes a safety or something changes the dynamic of the score and crappy is good. We'll see.

Reaction Score
I'm in Boston so if they win, it will be great to be in the city going nuts with all the snow still around

But I think it'll be more entertaining in the long term if they lose. Deflategate will never ever go away if they lose, and I find it hilarious

Reaction Score
I think NE by a lot (at least 10).

Lots of chatter about Pat's O and Hawk's D. What's being overlooked is the other side of the ball.

Pat's D is very good. In the last 2 months of the season, they only gave up more than 20 twice - to the Packers in GB (26), and 31 to the Ravens. Seahawks O is up and down. This is the X factor in this game. How will SH do on O. Versus GB, they looked like crap until the Pack fell apart very late.

Reaction Score
Seahawks 24-17, Lynch is going to be a big problem for pats defense.

Reaction Score
Thinking this is the Pats year. I have no idea how banged up Seattle's secondary is.

Reaction Score
Don't quote me me on the exact numbers, but Seattle has like 33 players who won the Super Bowl on this roster. Pats have like 3. And at the end of the day, defense always wins.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Hoping Seattle loses, but I think they're the better team. Wilson reminds me of Eli; not in style, but the fact that he's clutch. He played like crap in that game all the way until he absolutely had to put up points and his team went right down the field twice, and then there was that miracle 2 point conversion.

Reaction Score
Pats by 10. Brady picks apart the middle of the hawks defense.

Reaction Score
I think NE by a lot (at least 10).

Lots of chatter about Pat's O and Hawk's D. What's being overlooked is the other side of the ball.

Pat's D is very good. In the last 2 months of the season, they only gave up more than 20 twice - to the Packers in GB (26), and 31 to the Ravens. Seahawks O is up and down. This is the X factor in this game. How will SH do on O. Versus GB, they looked like crap until the Pack fell apart very late.

Seattle hasn't lost by more than 7 points in like 3 years so the Pats "by alot" would be quite a shocker

Reaction Score
Hoping Seattle loses, but I think they're the better team. Wilson reminds me of Eli; not in style, but the fact that he's clutch.
I would have bought this before the Packer's game. He was anything but clutch versus the Packers. He threw 4 picks and looked like crap for almost the entire game. If he hadn't been so horrible, the Seahawks would have probably been in it or winning it in the 4th. If 1 of 10 different things happened - not one of which was in Wilson's control - then the Seahawks get beat and everybody is talking about how awful he was. Two jump right out - blown GB assignment allowing the recovery of the OS kick - horrible throw floated in the air on the 2 point conversion requires GB to blow the assignment by about 15 yards to connect.

I thought Wilson was super clutch last year. Not so much now, but I'll tip my hat to him if he plays well vs. Pats. I like him, and I really enjoy watching his style of play, which I consider to be the future of the NFL.

Reaction Score
I would have bought this before the Packer's game. He was anything but clutch versus the Packers. He threw 4 picks and looked like crap for almost the entire game. If he hadn't been so horrible, the Seahawks would have probably been in it or winning it in the 4th. If 1 of 10 different things happened - not one of which was in Wilson's control - then the Seahawks get beat and everybody is talking about how awful he was. Two jump right out - blown GB assignment allowing the recovery of the OS kick - horrible throw floated in the air on the 2 point conversion requires GB to blow the assignment by about 15 yards to connect.

I thought Wilson was super clutch last year. Not so much now, but I'll tip my hat to him if he plays well vs. Pats. I like him, and I really enjoy watching his style of play, which I consider to be the future of the NFL.

No doubt he was terrible, but sometimes its what you do when you're given a second chance. Wilson has knack for putting up big plays when absolutely needed. Think back to last year, Napier was a Brimah and-one away from being a total goat in the St Joe's game. He had a sloppy turnover late and then missed on that drive where Brimah cleaned it up. Napier would have been thrown under he bus big time. I can't even imagine how bad this board would have destroyed him. But he was given a second chance and he ran with it. Not sure where I'm going with this, but I guess I don't see Wilson playing that bad again. If he does throw 4 picks, it will get ugly!

Reaction Score
Don't quote me me on the exact numbers, but Seattle has like 33 players who won the Super Bowl on this roster. Pats have like 3. And at the end of the day, defense always wins.
Do people still not realize this Pats team has a really good defense, too?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
When is the last time the spread for the Superbowl was so close?

Reaction Score
Do people still not realize this Pats team has a really good defense, too?

Both teams do, but the prolific D is Seattle and that's a no brainer. The prolific O is the Pats.

Reaction Score
Both teams do, but the prolific D is Seattle and that's a no brainer. The prolific O is the Pats.
Agreed. Seeing what Seattle's done the past two years - especially in the most offensive-friendly era ever - and I truly believe it's the best defense ever.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Seeing what Seattle's done the past two years - especially in the most offensive-friendly era ever - and I truly believe it's the best defense ever.

They actually did a great job stopping the Pack - the TO's by the offense set them up and they kept it within reach despite that. But the Pats are on a high level on O right now so they will be tested to the fullest. Should actually be fun to watch

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If the current Seattle D was all that, they wouldn't have let the Packers march down the field in a minute to tie the game. I like the Pats by over a TD.

Reaction Score
If the current Seattle D was all that, they wouldn't have let the Packers march down the field in a minute to tie the game. I like the Pats by over a TD.

What did the Pack need, 45 yards? With Aaron Rodgers, no less. I don't see how you can discount a D because the league MVP converted a field goal drive. If Seattle didn't have an amazing defense, the game would have been over in the first quarter after all those turnovers.

I like Seattle, 23-10.

Reaction Score
If we're going to talk about questionable defensive performances look no further than the pats giving up 31 points to an average Ravens team a couple weeks ago.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

He's been so good in big spots that I'm willing to overlook the one bad game he's had on the big stage, especially since he lead his team to victory in the end. I think he's vastly underrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom